This thing called "racing"

newyork-nightmare

I think I'm fully maxed already.  Will check when Im online. But im 95% sure.

I just dont have every car class in my garage. Does that matter?

For instance if we ran a sports class race now and I dont have a customized sports car. And I got a generic car from the race lobby. Will it treat it as a customized one with turbo if my race skills are maxed out?

Dont know if Im making sense. 

No, not without the upgrades fitted to that car.

I think we all have a sports car and that was your problem.

I didn't have a car for every class until I joined this crew but I've learned that it pays to have them, I too get left behind if I use a stock car rather than a maxed out PV.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• newyork-nightmare

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

• rumdig

Ok well that will be my first step on Tuesday is get a every class and upgrade them all. 

I do have a sport, that was just what came to mind first as an example.

thanks DC and dodge

Edited by newyork-nightmare
  • Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Ok well that will be my first step on Tuesday is get a every class and upgrade them all. 

I do have a sport, that was just what came to mind first as an example.

thanks DC and dodge

Yeah thats my plan for Tuesday too.

I've got about half the performance mods unlocked thanks to LN-MLB. He had a good straight track that ran right down the middle of the freeway so didn't take too long.

I'm willing to trade races with anyone.

If you REALLY want to learn racing...faster. Try getting a good racer to do a one on one race, on a difficult track. This way you can get a better handle on cornering, braking, slide control, etc.

If your the "lone wolf" type, practice speed and control in corners, that's where races are won.

• Like 1

Thats why I like racing rev and DC89. Dc can race on any Trac at any time and be competitive. If its a track that rev knows, you will wreck yourself just trying to keep up with him. I learn alot from both of these guys.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

yeah I try to follow them and learn as they go. But within seconds they are no longer in sight. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Thats why I like racing rev and DC89. Dc can race on any Trac at any time and be competitive. If its a track that rev knows, you will wreck yourself just trying to keep up with him. I learn alot from both of these guys.

Agreed, I wreck every time I try chasing Rev on Nurburgring.

For me good racing starts with knowing your car, it's limits and more importantly knowing your own limits. Chasing a much faster guy will always end in tears, especially if they are way more familiar with the track.

Knowing racing techniques such as taking the 'racing line', not just through the corners but in most other parts of the track.

Stay wide on approach to the corner and turn in on the apex, clipping the kerb or the white line on the apex with your inside front wheel, this will allow for much greater speed through and out of the corner.

Being on the racing line as much as possible means you'll be less prone to accidents with others IMO due to having more all round speed.

I suggest 'Cutting Coroners' solo as a good track to start learning to take the racing line through corners and maintaining speed whilst keeping control of your car.

Try to use other vehicle classes such as compact and sedan as they are much easier to control.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

the apex is the middle of the turn, at the spot where it bends the most... Just double checking

newyorknightmar3.jpg

late-apex-racing-line.gif

Notice there is a racing line and a late apex line, disregard the late apex line as that is more used for hairpin turns or a defensive move where later braking than your opponent is required to keep the position.

Bear in mind that too much brakes is better than not enough, more time is lost by wrecking rather than going slow and improving from there on  ;)

• Like 4

If you were to draw the straighter possible line around a corner, stay with me here, the apex is point in the corner where th line touches the inside of the turn. You draw a turn. Enter wide, mark a point there. Exit wide, mark a point there. Now draw a line as straight as possible between the 2 points without going off the track. Mark your apex at the lowest point in the turn.

Thank you got attending Dodge's Cornering 101.

Edit- Or just look at the previous post.

Edited by dodgeservice
  • Like 4

Dodgeservice.png

late-apex-racing-line.gif

Notice there is a racing line and a late apex line, disregard the late apex line as that is more used for hairpin turns or a defensive move where later braking than your opponent is required to keep the position.

Bear in mind that too much brakes is better than not enough, more time is lost by wrecking rather than going slow and improving from there on ;)

I have found that using the late apex line is great for passing... especially if its an accident prone location

• Like 1

I have found that using the late apex line is great for passing... especially if its an accident prone location

Same, I will also use it if I'm directly behind a car approaching a corner if slipstream is on.

If the following corner is the same direction it's useful there too as with the correct speed you'll have the inside line for the next corner, some will let you take the position while some will turn in and wipe you both out.

• Like 1

Agreed, Ive even used it to pass DC89 before. :)

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

has anyone ever passed and beat Rev? I played his race the other day with the 20 mountain drew ramps in the water.  Quite  the challenge. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

has anyone ever passed and beat Rev? I played his race the other day with the 20 mountain drew ramps in the water.  Quite  the challenge. 

It is possible on R* or other tracks but on his own tracks it's extremely doubtful, he has the lap record on every one of them  :)

I've played his beach race, those ramps can be crossed I've done it 3 times but it's easier to go around.

after failing 6 times he gave me instructions on how to go around. he must roll his eyes when I join his races

• Like 1

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I beat him on that beach track before. I think he just felt bad for me that day.

DO NOT try the ramps during low tide! Lol

Edited by rumdig
  • Like 1

you and me both brother

newyorknightmar3.jpg