It's Hoth Inside

djw180

RSC Link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/rEspT4toS0iKv_hhGZ5JoQ

Star Wars inspired TDM. The Empire Strikes back, Imperial attack on the the Rebel base on Hoth.

Uses white stunt props to try to re-create the ice tunnels inside Echo base. A few other industrial looking props thrown in for decoration and a bit of cover in places. Mostly it's made out of the white, perforated stunt tubes. You can see through these and it's possible to shoot through them, but hard to lock on - (edit, not so sure about that now, in the creator test the NPCs can shoot me through the tube but I can't shoot them, so we'll have to see when this is tested in actual game play)

Forced weapon is the vintage pistol. There are also assault SMG and pump shot gun pickups. The pistol and SMG chosen because they look the most like Star Wars blasters and rifles. Health and armour pickups at the two start points, these are sort of your bases.

Not much point showing the map here as it doesn't show stunt props as they appear in-game.

Some screenshots from the creator to show what it looks like.

3ZEHlsO.png

Recommended settings

• Forced and Pickups
  • TDM
Edited by djw180
  • Like 4

Not being a Star Wars buff, when I saw the title, I thought is was a new Ruiner 2000 race you'd made - you know, K.I.T.T. with The Hoff inside. :blush:

• Like 1

I played this with my son last night, despite getting whooped it was enjoyable... we had a little exploration after I went 5-0 down.

The tubes work well and it does have a nice tunnel/cave feeling to it. It is tough to gauge how it will play with 20 plus players but I am guessing it only will improve with higher numbers.

I would consider sinking the trailer props so their wheels do not show, it will fit the theme better IMO, well it is what I did in my job anyway.

Edited by JuniorChubb
Double post
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

The map looks absolutely amazing and I haven't even seen the Star Wars movies that are the inspiration for it. You really do get a feel of being in some sort of an arctic research/military base and those massive airport tugs are an amazing addition, I even managed two or three vehicular kills with them. :D

Only possible issue I've noticed is perhaps lack of pickups. It wasn't an issue tonight as there werent that many of us and we were able to freely run around and pick pretty much any weapon we wanted to, but I imagine with a full(ish) lobby people might get stuck with no ammo at some point (at least those that don't die as often as us and kill a lot).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zmurko said:

The map looks absolutely amazing and I haven't even seen the Star Wars movies that are the inspiration for it. You really do get a feel of being in some sort of an arctic research/military base and those massive airport tugs are an amazing addition, I even managed two or three vehicular kills with them. :D

Only possible issue I've noticed is perhaps lack of pickups. It wasn't an issue tonight as there werent that many of us and we were able to freely run around and pick pretty much any weapon we wanted to, but I imagine with a full(ish) lobby people might get stuck with no ammo at some point (at least those that don't die as often as us and kill a lot).

The low capacity pistols run out of ammo quickly and in a more populated lobby, it could be tough to have to traverse without dying a few times en route. So a few more guns around the map would definitely help.  

One of my fave things about this map is that although you can see blips on mini-map, when you come around the corner, there is little cover in most tunnels and no kill is guaranteed. 

• Like 1

This is currently planned for Two Bro's this weekend.  Should I hold off considering we have been having lobbies of 15+ lately?

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

10 hours ago, zmurko said:

I agree Z. It's the first time I've got to play this properly and I noticed there weren't as many SMGs pickups as I thought I had placed. I think there's enough pistols and shotguns.

9 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

This is currently planned for Two Bro's this weekend.  Should I hold off considering we have been having lobbies of 15+ lately?

I should get it updated before 2 Bros.

4 hours ago, djw180 said:

I agree Z. It's the first time I've got to play this properly and I noticed there weren't as many SMGs pickups as I thought I had placed. I think there's enough pistols and shotguns.

I should get it updated before 2 Bros.

Let me know when you have done the updates so I can test it out. Thanks. 

14 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

24 minutes ago, Con said:

Let me know when you have done the updates so I can test it out. Thanks. 

Extra pistols and SMGs added. Now has the max of 60 weapons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

Extra pistols and SMGs added. Now has the max of 60 weapons.

Will replay tonight. Wife be damned.

giphy.gif                lmao

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 2

Well done, really good map, felt like a whole new and unique location (which it obviously is).

No real issues with weapon balance, vintage pistol is quite decent for headshots and there are plenty of assault SMG's around.

Hard to find any faults with this...The props can be shot through, sometimes even with auto-aim, but I guess that can't be helped :P

Edited by DavidCore89

55 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Well done, really good map, felt like a whole new and unique location (which it obviously is).

No real issues with weapon balance, vintage pistol is quite decent for headshots and there are plenty of assault SMG's around.

Hard to find any faults with this...The props can be shot through, sometimes even with auto-aim, but I guess that can't be helped :P

Thanks DC.

It seems quite hard to shoot through them. I've tried in the creator test and can't do it with any weapon but sometimes the NPCs did shoot me, so it seems quite random. I could fill in some of hollow parts with other solid props so they can't be shot through.

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

Thanks DC.

It seems quite hard to shoot through them. I've tried in the creator test and can't do it with any weapon but sometimes the NPCs did shoot me, so it seems quite random. I could fill in some of hollow parts with other solid props so they can't be shot through.

I got 4 or 5 kills through the walls, but I think adding solid props to stop that would take away from a great-looking map.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

We had shooting through the wall issues on the Tantive IV DM I created...

Not 100% sure if its lag or just that some of the stunt props are not great for building DM arenas with. I think the testing needs to be done outside of Creator though DJW.

I have a few spots in my DM that I noted whilst spectating the DM the other day, we should be able to suss out in a few mins whether its fixable or not.

Edited by JuniorChubb
Name mix up
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?