Galactic Senate

Fido_le_muet

Galactic Senate

Hey crew !

Brand new TDM for the XDBX WARS series.

It's a recreation of the fight in the senate chamber between Master Yoda and Darth Sidious following the creation of the Galactic Empire in Episode III : Revenge of the Sith.

Forced weapons (SNS pistol) with pickups (mini SMG, pool cue and a Marksman pistol on top of the tower).

It requires some testing so it would be cool if some of you guys could add it to some of your future playlists.

Needs some feedback on what to improve and if there are issues cause I'm not used to create DMs.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/TxjvHTbb3E2cG2HVc2EzVQ

• Like 3

Just wanted to let you know I have not had the chance to play this but I am on a mission tonight! Trying to get the wife out the house so I can test it out with friends. 

Didn't want you to think I forgot.

• Like 1

Map: First let me say that your recreation of the Galactic Senate seats is just brilliant. I didn't remember the scene in the movie so I went in not knowing what to expect to see. Once in the DM the atmosphere of the location is unnerving in a good way. It's vastness is f'en impressive. It is a headshot champ's dream and great headshot training ground, especially whenever you find yourself on the ground level. Once you start going for the guns, you realize how exposed you truly are from all angles. Thankfully the thing in the center, let's call it the pillar, thankfully the pillar gives you a moment to breathe and feel somewhat safe. After watching the scene that inspired your creation I was even more impressed and cannot wait to play it again so I can get the full immersion. There was one advanced rifle spawn that seemed to be out of reach and I feel down to the basement and could not climb back up and had to take the Cyanide Tic-Tac. But I liked the trap-door effect just not sure if it's there on purpose, as I did see in the actual movie scene, Yoda falls in a similar fashion. 

Weapons: Really enjoyed the selection. The mini-SMG is fun to use and very effective. I like that you have to work to get to the advanced rifles which can change tides in a heartbeat, but doesn't become OP because of the distances of the spawns. 

Tactical: The vulnerability was amped up for me since I don't stand still in DMs, and while i tested the map with just one person, it was still exciting awaiting him to respawn. Definitely more leisurely with just two people but I imagined what it would be like with more players and I have a feeling the ammo will be at a premium. I also found myself seeking cover waiting for my health to go green and taking cover on the sides of the platforms still doesn't make you feel safe and protected...that adds to the suspense. 

Cannot wait to test it with more people tomorrow and get the full experience. Please keep me up to date with any edits if you want further feedback. I think its a great atmospheric map that will be a challenge to even the most experienced shooter. 

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 1

I got round to testing this at last...

Captures the Senate really well. Like the Hoth match though it needs more players to get a proper feel for how it will run on the night.

All the 'politicians pods' are easy to climb so getting around an up and down is easy. It is large enough so that shooting players from the other side of the room is a challenge. 

We did find the gap that ConGamer fell through and got 'stuck' behind the tubes. We did wonder if the floor space in the middle could do with something to use as cover apart from the large pillar, this is not really a right or wrong just what i took from a quick play through.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

I got round to testing this at last...

Captures the Senate really well. Like the Hoth match though it needs more players to get a proper feel for how it will run on the night.

All the 'politicians pods' are easy to climb so getting around an up and down is easy. It is large enough so that shooting players from the other side of the room is a challenge. 

We did find the gap that ConGamer fell through and got 'stuck' behind the tubes. We did wonder if the floor space in the middle could do with something to use as cover apart from the large pillar, this is not really a right or wrong just what i took from a quick play through.

Thanks for the feedback Chubb. The holes have been fixed so hopefully everything should be good now.

• Like 1

Not sure to be happy or sad, I hid in there without getting killed for 3 mins ;)

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

29 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Not sure to be happy or sad, I hid in there without getting killed for 3 mins ;)

Jedi don't hide ;)

• Like 2

I like the area, looks great.

Few issues with the weapons though, there are lots of instances of SNS pistol vs advanced rifle, it's quite a mismatch.

SNS has no chance against the rifle, especially when enemies aren't in range of it.

Went 0-5 with the pistol, then 7-0 with the rifle. It's really overpowered compared to the rest and I'm surprised people tested it and didn't raise that issue.

• Like 1

To back up what DC was saying I was actually dominating him early on purely because of the weapon mismatch. With the lack of cover it should really just be one weapon type as anyone with the longer range one will always dominate. 

• Like 1

I'd get rid of the rifle.

I could stay on the rifle spawn and keep killing people while my bullets refill. 

SNS vs mini SMG is a bit better (still not really balanced), but the SNS is the worst pistol in the game.

4 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

but the SNS is the worst pistol in the game.

I was using it in a pre-playlist lobby last week. Was shooting people point blank range in the head and it wasn't killing them. 

Personally I think it's a good training weapon for deathmatches as it does allow you to get a shot off in return before dying to the inevitable headshot. If you combine it with the use of BPH I think people would get more practise at switching their aim to the head instead of the current situation of dying instantly before even getting your gun up when going up against better opponents.

Obviously I'm just referring to deathmatch practising rather than allowing the use of the helmets in all DM's

Closed the remaining gap Z fell through.

Got rid of the assault rifle. Changed the SNS with the combat pistol. The rifle stays.

• Like 1