VANS Chat

VANS Official

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

The grid is a game of Twister!

It can't be as bad as Myth's grids selection.

The only thing I know for certain about Myth's scheme was that it always involved me starting last row in almost every race. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

The only thing I know for certain about Myth's scheme was that it always involved me starting last row in almost every race. 

The Random Number Generator put you exactly where you deserved to be!

Also Fortnite fans, I might be competing in a streamed Battle Royale competition on Saturday at 4pm.

It is a competition for Creators etc but I am sure I will just get whooped. Might be worth a watch as the streamers have the ‘Official Epic Streaming/Spectator software so it should be a pretty professional set up...

iiiSAndman twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/iiisandman - The tournament will be casted by EOSN with a professional spectator system like the first tournament

There may be still spots open for a content Creators, Play testers and Streamers etc (81 players when I signed up)... I may pretty sure you guys stream and help test my islands 😉

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wSLAV6yh0PUaVY26BoS1rfirRbrhsq5L4fNmUmR7iZ8/viewform?edit_requested=true 

• Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

The Random Number Generator put you exactly where you deserved to be!

Also Fortnite fans, I might be competing in a streamed Battle Royale competition on Saturday at 4pm.

It is a competition for Creators etc but I am sure I will just get whooped. Might be worth a watch as the streamers have the ‘Official Epic Streaming/Spectator software so it should be a pretty professional set up...

iiiSAndman twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/iiisandman - The tournament will be casted by EOSN with a professional spectator system like the first tournament

There may be still spots open for a content Creators, Play testers and Streamers etc (81 players when I signed up)... I may pretty sure you guys stream and help test my islands 😉

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wSLAV6yh0PUaVY26BoS1rfirRbrhsq5L4fNmUmR7iZ8/viewform?edit_requested=true 

Oh I'll be there to watch that for sure young man

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Just now, CatManDoza said:

Oh I'll be there to watch that for sure young man

Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

huh, my first reply didn't show up so I did it again

21 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Well it can't be as bad as Stapp's grid selection. Even David Icke could not wrap his head around this.

The only thing I know for certain about Stapp's scheme is that it always only involves the top racers.

No real reverse grids or any chances for the less gifted, Stapp likes to keep the things divided. George Soros would be very proud lols

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Well it can't be as bad as Stapp's grid selection. Even David Icke could not wrap his head around this.

The only thing I know for certain about Stapp's scheme is that it always only involves the top racers.

No real reverse grids or any chances for the less gifted, Stapp likes to keep the things divided. George Soros would be very proud lols

david chasing GIF

Stapp’s grids are to help stop first corner carnage...

The top half is the top four or five finishers (from the last race) in reverse, the back half is last positions from the last race in finishing order. This should (in theory) make the first corner or two less competitive.

I can see the logic behind it, however rather than punishing the slower drivers with poor grid positions what we should do is call out the aggressive drivers that have lead this system to be used.

It can get boring starting at the back a lot, especially if you tend to be there because you pull over and wait after an incident rather than powering to the front. It is easy to get the impression that respect and politeness gets you punished.

I hate to admit it but my favourite system is the @doubleg213 grid, which is why I copy it. However all drivers need to respect each other and not try to win the race on the first corner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

afternoon all hope everyone is well and agree with what chubb said spent a few nights at the back all night 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

spent a few nights at the back all night 

You can keep your bedroom antics to yourself Mr Bags!

• Haha 2

Mot day for nigel the Nissan. Not holding out much hope to be honest and can expect it to be on auto trader by 5pm this evening. 

3 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Mot day for nigel the Nissan. Not holding out much hope to be honest and can expect it to be on auto trader by 5pm this evening. 

Come on Nigel... one last hurrah for the Catman!

I was trying to come up with something intelligent and meaningful to say about grids and clean racing and how difficult it is to find the balance and etc. But we all know I was just going to use it as an excuse to slag off Dave a bit.....sooooo @SkyeDave , your puns are terrible! Have that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, mulder said:

I was trying to come up with something intelligent and meaningful to say about grids and clean racing and how difficult it is to find the balance and etc. But we all know I was just going to use it as an excuse to slag off Dave a bit.....sooooo @SkyeDave , your puns are terrible! Have that!

We all have our burdens to bare (bear?)... you have two.

1. Being related to Dave
  2. Having to slag off Dave
  • Haha 1

MOT Failed:

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

• Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (1.1.13 (a) (ii))

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Suspension arm ball joint excessively worn both front (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement both front arms inner bushs (5.3.4 (a) (i))

£300 to correct the lot, is nowhere near as bad as I was expecting

• Like 1

Nice one @CatManDoza, I'd say that's a result.

It's funny that one of the fails is the same reason @JuniorChubb keeps losing his fortnite matches.

5.3.4a "excessive movement of both front arms in the bushes" 

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

It's funny that one of the fails is the same reason @JuniorChubb keeps losing his fortnite matches.

nice wow wow wee wow GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

moustache thumbs up GIF

3 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

MOT Failed:

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

• Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (1.1.13 (a) (ii))

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Suspension arm ball joint excessively worn both front (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement both front arms inner bushs (5.3.4 (a) (i))

£300 to correct the lot, is nowhere near as bad as I was expecting

Unfortunately all modern cars have suspension links that are made of materials which looks like they could be some form of metal but which display the load bearing characteristics of chocolate.

I know of a very reputable company who can design and supply something which is very capable of standing up to the perils of the modern road environment as a very reasonable rate*

This above advertisement is nothing to do with the fact I've renewed the motor trade / motor sport insurance today and require a large cash injection. 

*Disclaimer, reasonable rate may only be reasonable if you're a Saudi prince, recent lottery winner or cocaine dealer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

Unfortunately all modern cars have suspension links that are made of materials which looks like they could be some form of metal but which display the load bearing characteristics of chocolate.

I know of a very reputable company who can design and supply something which is very capable of standing up to the perils of the modern road environment as a very reasonable rate*

This above advertisement is nothing to do with the fact I've renewed the motor trade / motor sport insurance today and require a large cash injection. 

*Disclaimer, reasonable rate may only be reasonable if you're a Saudi prince, recent lottery winner or cocaine dealer. 

thankfully the MOT didn;t pick up the knackered wheel bearing aswell!

either way its off to a garage friday for a valuation taking into account the door damage, then I shall decide what to do, saw a nice looking audi estate for sale the other day.

• Like 2

If there is loads of play anyway I'm not surprised.

I still need to a do a couple of links on the A6 and a tensioner, but I absolutely hate working on it.

Need to sell off some stuff and buy something else before either gets really bad. 

Think i'll skip tonight boys, not feeling very happy at the moment. And not very social so better to stay away and not bother you all with my rants just in case. 

That brings me also to my apologies for my bad joke yesterday, about Stapp keeping us divided. I just shouldn't react when I don't have myself together. Feel bad about it even if Stapp himself probably doesn't even know the person I named. Again my apologies.

• Sad 1