VANS Chat

VANS Official

Just now, Hurst said:

Cathedral City is the only cheddar that’s any good.

cheddar is just too boring for me.

a nice strong shropshire blue, or a decent stilton is where its at

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

cheddar is just too boring for me.

a nice strong shropshire blue, or a decent stilton is where its at

I like it grated on beans on toast but it’s not my favourite cheese. I like soft cheese better but that’s probably because I’m a wuss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hurst said:

I like it grated on beans on toast but it’s not my favourite cheese. I like soft cheese better but that’s probably because I’m a wuss.

my favourite christmas tradition is, sitting watching die hard, with a bottle of Red, a box of jacobs cracker selection and no less than 5 cheeses for sampling, usually a stilton, a shropshire blue, a cheddar with chillis in, wensleydale with cranberries and if I'm feeling particularly european I'll add a brie into the mix

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Loving feta cheese with salmon baggettes lately hmm hmm 

ahhhh yes feta, how could I forget

11 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

my favourite christmas tradition is, sitting watching die hard, with a bottle of Red, a box of jacobs cracker selection and no less than 5 cheeses for sampling, usually a stilton, a shropshire blue, a cheddar with chillis in, wensleydale with cranberries and if I'm feeling particularly european I'll add a brie into the mix

This is Christmas in a nutshell. f*ckin love it catman!

• Like 1

well, I couldn;t help it, I've just been down to tesco (where chubb buys his best clothes) and picked some danish blue and some crackers

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

well, I couldn;t help it, I've just been down to tesco (where chubb buys his best clothes) and picked some danish blue and some crackers

Will we be seeing a p*ssed up catman tonight with some cheese ?

1 hour ago, Hurst said:

Will we be seeing a p*ssed up catman tonight with some cheese ?

Hope so unless he stays for another round at pub 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Hope so unless he stays for another round at pub 

No comment

• Haha 3

2 streets tunes u need to listen too 1s tune is so true even 15 yrs or so since it's been out and the 2nd is a down to earth song  that gets to me when u here it with the news of kids nowadays 

Love the streets Mike Skinner is a legend 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Love the streets Mike Skinner is a legend 

Amen to that Trashy! He's a one of a kind man! I didn't knew 'on the edge of a cliff' but I love it, great track cheers for that. 'The Irony of it all' is a pure and timeless classic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Amen to that Trashy! He's a one of a kind man! I didn't knew 'on the edge of a cliff' but I love it, great track cheers for that. 'The Irony of it all' is a pure and timeless classic!

Blinded by the lights is one of my faves brings back many memories of not knowing what the f*ck is going on while being unde the the influence

• Haha 1

Also @Trashbags I hadn't heard on the edge of a cliff either, great tune. Reminds me of things that kept me going through low points of my own

• Like 1

Morning noobs!

Good fun in the Stingers last night. Had to go on mute in the end cause the parrot also wanted to join in the fun.

It does feel my GTA luck is run out or something, and I have some things to say about the last period of events. It is not that I ever was competitive but somehow it feels like it is impossible to complete 1 race with a descent result. If I am not getting hit I am ruining the race myself somehow but I do feel there's a lot more contact than before. Mostly places are given back after contact but I never catch up after while others seem to can. This brings up the curb boosting issue that still occurs. I've noticed several times that some people very easy catch up after crashes while I don't seem to come any nearer. I know I am not fast but I am not a fool and the way some people catch up is only possible with curb boosting. Maybe I am not in my prime nowadays and I don't want to shift the blame or something but I do feel these things needed to be said and we'll see how it turns out in the coming events.

• Like 3

Morning gents 

And good morning @Paulie think I seen one of ur incidents last night happens too often I should have said something last night but don't like to complain but if it's not mentioned it won't change I am my worst enemy for things like that and staying quite not that I don't cause my own dramas through silly mistakes 

On a good note I am off today for a day of gaming @JuniorChubb U free at all today 

Edited by Trashbags
  • Like 3

Morning all, @Paulie I understand. I had fun last night but not that much fun.

it’s meant to be the taking part that counts but it’s just not enjoyable when you’re last all the time. This is probably just me being terrible at races but Paulie is right, if a place is given back that’s a few seconds wasted that you’ll most likely never gain back, especially if I’m 3rd and doing well then someone taps me out I’m f*cked. The rapper may wait for me but no one else will and my place is rekt  

Im not complaining at  and it’s still great to be a part of these!

• Like 2

That's why I normally stay away from solely racing nights, I normally end up last, taking someone out and then get bored.

In other news, my boss seems to not want to talk to me for 2 days, so I'm out tidying the warehouse with the streets on.

He hates the streets

• Like 3

I feel your pain @Paulie when a night is just straight racing it really shows as the standard of racing is a lot higher on Wednesday nights than it used to be. I think the length of the races last night exaggerated things slightly too, longer racers just means a more pre-determined finish.

Take myself for example, I used to be fixed mid table finisher, every player who has joined in the last year is quicker than me so I have dropped down the table and rarely finish above the half way point.

Then there is race etiquette too, players should pull up and wait if they cause a crash. This should be more important than winning IMO. If this is not happening drop me a message and let me know and I will do my best to address it by getting in contact with the players not waiting/curb boosting etc.

I do my best to make sure my Wednesday’s are slightly different from Stappens so it is not always ‘best racer’ that wins. However this takes a bit of planning and I can’t always manage that. Sorry if I have let this slip lately.

Also getting players to sign up here helps too, that way they get to read these comments and become part of the crew  and see our approach instead of just turning up on the night, winning loads of races then disappearing for a week.

Fortnite Friday has sprung up because of these issues, we can get together have a laugh and skill level does not come into play. Even if people aren’t a fan of the game, download it and come along for the lols!

I will make sure next week is not solely ‘straight racing’, maybe a ‘crew only’ night so we can mix up the podium spots a little.

Thanks for the feedback Paulie, your voice counts for a lot in my book. 👍

• Like 4

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

@Trashbags will be on, I am a bit addicted to Creative right now. Hill Valley is almost finished...

Once I have done some homework with Bing and added the zebra crossings to Hill Valley I will be on. 👍

1 minute ago, Hurst said:

You’re a ledge, Chubb.

im on my Larry at nights this weekend so if im not down the pub anyone up for a cod n chips night?

Thurs and Sat are possibilities for me... 

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?