What're you listening to right now?

JustHatched

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta shout out this young, Danish singer. Holy crap, she's talented. Lots of incredibly talented artists breaking through here at home at the moment, just waiting to blow up internationally, but this one might be my favorite to do so first.

Spotify link

Spotify link

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Couple of things that are a little bit different.

A Greek stoner/desert rock band. 

And some Bedouin blues.

That second track hits the spot. Defo in my ball park

Just listened to the first sing too. Awesome, vocals give me she sells sanctuary vibes.

Edited by CatManDoza

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

7 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

That second track hits the spot. Defo in my ball park

Just listened to the first sing too. Awesome, vocals give me she sells sanctuary vibes.

The 1000mods one I always think they've got a hint of Danzig (or evil Elvis as I like to think of him) in their vocals.

Been listening to them for a while and only really posted last night as I'd never realised they are Greek before, they have that Palm Desert sound like Kyuss, Vista Chino, Hermano etc. so close I'd just always assumed they were American.

1 hour ago, doubleg213 said:

The 1000mods one I always think they've got a hint of Danzig (or evil Elvis as I like to think of him) in their vocals.

Been listening to them for a while and only really posted last night as I'd never realised they are Greek before, they have that Palm Desert sound like Kyuss, Vista Chino, Hermano etc. so close I'd just always assumed they were American.

Well I'll put a playlist together to have on while kitchen fitting today, be a nice change from radio 2

44 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Well I'll put a playlist together to have on while kitchen fitting today, be a nice change from radio 2

Radio 2 has gone to sh*t these days. Weekdays are ruined entirely other than Ken Bruce, never been the same since Wogan stopped doing the morning show. 

1 hour ago, doubleg213 said:

Radio 2 has gone to sh*t these days. Weekdays are ruined entirely other than Ken Bruce, never been the same since Wogan stopped doing the morning show. 

Oh I do love my 10.30 tea break for pop master

I can't stop listening to this disco house mix by Little Boots. Love it! 

But right now I'm listening to some classic rock featured in Supernatural. Great selection, Ratt, Rush, Kansas, Def Leppard, Blue Oyster Cult among others. 

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone knows but I listen to Rammstein every now and then. 

Clip is ridiculous BTW. 

Edited by RammsteinDUDE
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

Not sure if anyone knows but I listen to Rammstein every now and then. 

Clip is ridiculous BTW. 

Surfin and Swingin....i understood that part! I actually liked the video...especially the night party at the end. Is that what they usually look like and the beach stuff was just a fun thing? 

51 minutes ago, Con said:

Surfin and Swingin....i understood that part! I actually liked the video...especially the night party at the end. Is that what they usually look like and the beach stuff was just a fun thing? 

No they normally look like the average metalband, black clothes, black make-up etc. They shot this video during their north-american tour in 2011 in Malibu just for fun as you said. 

If you want to hear a funny story, Two members of the band where arrested 1999 in the US for displaying, well let's call in intercourse, during their concert (Not real ofcourse). They had to spent the night in jail and were both fined a couple of hundred dollars afterwards. If you want to see the act here it is 

Spoiler

Skip to 7:45 for the act.

The video was a show in Montreal, They still perform their act like this except when in the US where they changed it a bit (No s*xual Display anymore).

Edited by RammsteinDUDE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

Every time I hear this I think of Vice City 

Quite disappointed you're not listening the mutter on repeat

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been diving down some nostalgia angles as I've been doing a bit of digging around on an old music venue near me which I spent a lot of time at more moons ago than I would like to think.

Anyhoo, been listening to some Screaming Trees, one of the many Washington area bands that pretty much seems to have been forgotten about now. I first discovered them via the Sub Pop singles club or some kind of Sub Pop compilation.

Then was also thinking of a friends band from many moons ago.

And another local band, who's greatest claim to fame is that Mike Dirnt is wearing a China Drum t-shirt in the When I Come Around video as they toured with Green Day. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

Been diving down some nostalgia angles as I've been doing a bit of digging around on an old music venue near me which I spent a lot of time at more moons ago than I would like to think.

Anyhoo, been listening to some Screaming Trees, one of the many Washington area bands that pretty much seems to have been forgotten about now. I first discovered them via the Sub Pop singles club or some kind of Sub Pop compilation.

And another local band, who's greatest claim to fame is that Mike Dirnt is wearing a China Drum t-shirt in the When I Come Around video as they toured with Green Day. 

After your last contribution, I'll check these out for sure.

18 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

After your last contribution, I'll check these out for sure.

My tastes tend to bounce all over the place depending on the day and/or my mood.

Today I've mostly been listening to the Dave Brubeck Quartet.

Been mostly listening to some Outlaw Country of late...here's a few our American members probably know that I think are worth sharing - 

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 6:03 PM, doubleg213 said:

Awh, that Screaming Trees album is great. "Troubled Times" is another personal favourite

• Like 1

Maybe Rockstar inspired their animalmasks from this video lol, everytime I hear this song I replay it at leat ten times. I'm missing @Con his Bison mask in the video though...

Edited by RammsteinDUDE
  • Haha 1