Friday the 13th : The Game

Con

50 minutes ago, Anthony_241986 said:

Is this a good game? 

Depends. 

I have a special bond with the original films because I was a boy when they came out and I loved the woods and suddenly, i had to worry about Jason killing me !!! So for me, even if the game was lame, I would still enjoy it. Lucky for me, they truly put a lot of work into it and are still adding content and can say as a fan of the films and a disappointed fan of the original Nintendo F13 game, I can say this is superb. They are listening to the fans and that is always good. Now if you aren't into hiding and staying still in a game, don't play this as the point is to hide and not get noticed, unless you play as Jason of course, but its not as easy as some make it look. I hate hiding and staying still in games...but as a counselor in this game, I don't mind hiding at all. I love the anxiety of ....oh shit, he is close!! Oh shit, hide in this cabin or behind this boulder outside the cabin? If you think you gonna just get on and be this killer Jason player, good luck, as there are i think 9-Jasons to play as now and each has distinct abilities or enhanced ones. So i truly can't answer your question. Sadly kids that grew up in the age of CGI and Internet probably won't fear a Jason the way us kids from the 80's did. We didnt have VHS directors commentary or behind the scenes footage to make sure we knew it was just a movie. So Jason chasing me in a survival game has my full attention and I only wish I played it more and now that I might have to kill XDBX Counselors...just might dedicate an hour before bed to the game. Watch out!

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• Sinister

• The_Lady_A

• starmonkeykiller

44 minutes ago, Con said:

Please always let me know in the Shoutbox when you are about to stream any F13 action!! I love watching strangers when I can't log in, i can't imagine watching friends!! 

Definitely will do!! Love your enthusiasm.. hyping me up! ??

4 hours ago, punkbish85 said:

Definitely will do!! Love your enthusiasm.. hyping me up! ??

That's cause F13 is my favorite shit of all time!! My GTA Forums avatar is this, when creating this I used a Jason mask for refrence:

feKqEiq.png

I became very upset when R* remodeled the hockey mask in the game. 

My friends would say Freddy was scarier but after surviving a week of sleep, I wasn't afraid of Freddy coming for me in my dreams. But Jason...i would say, any crazy dude could be Jason in the woods all he needs is a machete. A dude off the streets can't jump in my dreams, but any dude can hide in the woods and wait for kids to chop them up. lol and honestly...since Nintendo released that F13 turd, us F13 fans have been waiting for a legit F13 game and is why I created the thread just before the digital release. 

Edited by Con

I love being Jason but using him properly can be tricky. Also good counselors can quickly ruin your fun.

With such a long break I'm sure the lobbies are full of good players by now.

• Like 1

I watched the stream last night and cant wait to try and boat escape with you. Whenever we play we have to try and escape together! You were playing with what is basically a Jason Magnet for a Counselor, Vanessa, she is the worse, unless you like to distract Jason while the others work on the repairs. I also saw you came back as Tommy Jarvis, are you aware of his abilities like Jason not being able to see him with his senses and stuff?

22 hours ago, punkbish85 said:

@con 

@Con

I am so noob at this game. I get all tensed up in the action and suspense that I don't take the time out to get to know the character's abilities. LOL. That's why when I was playing Tommy I was like man.. one shot at the shotgun and that's it? LOL.

Welllll I just bought this because you all sounded like you were having so much fun. I look forward to frantically opening doors. Opening draws. Jumping at shadows. Dying a lot! :D

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Got this today, 48% off.

Will download it and give it a try on the weekend.

Awesome!! 

1 hour ago, The_Lady_A said:

Welllll I just bought this because you all sounded like you were having so much fun. I look forward to frantically opening doors. Opening draws. Jumping at shadows. Dying a lot! :D

Heck yeah, im sure it will be fun playing with the crew. I cant wait. I will go and PLAN an F13 event in the planning thread and make the time UTC friendly. Ideally Sunday 3pm-5pm UTC would be perfect for me. 

Here are some quick tips to keep you alive....

At the start, if you spawn near the cars or boats or cabin with fuse box.....RUN AWAY! These are the first places Jason teleports to at the start. Especially the fuse box as calling the cops is bad for Jason. 

If you enjoy looking for the stuff to repair the getaway vehicles then make sure you picked a counselor with High Repair Stats!! As you will be much more quieter if you mess up and it is a lot easier to do. 

The pocket-knives are your best friend. They guarantee you get away from a Jason grab if you have one. 

Stay away from the FAST counselors if they come around you, Jason always knows where they are and they can outrun him but you may not be able to. 

Use that mini-map, when you see the Jason red diamond Icon, plan your tactic accordingly. 

Use traps!! Especially if you have 3 mins to go...look for trap and set in front of door. 

Sprint only when necessary. 

Listen for Jason ability cues. (when you hear...ki-ki-ki ma-ma-ma, Jason has acquired a new ability)

Don't talk into your mic if Jason is around....he can hear you!!

Edited by Con

23 hours ago, punkbish85 said:

@Con

I am so noob at this game. I get all tensed up in the action and suspense that I don't take the time out to get to know the character's abilities. LOL. That's why when I was playing Tommy I was like man.. one shot at the shotgun and that's it? LOL.

Well your first week playing so you are still finding your strategies. Once you see what you like doing, i.e. repairing, hiding, distracting Jason....then you pick the counselor that best fits you. I like AJ Mason....her stealth and repair stats make her deadly! Counselors with high stealth stat are basically invisible to Jason for the first 45 seconds of the match, unless he sees you in front of him. 

5 minutes ago, punkbish85 said:

I have to play with different counselors then.. oh I'm hyped to play again later tonight!

I was just sent home cause last week we had people on vacation and I picked up all the slack and they sent me home early. 

i have to pick up my dog and I’ll be logging in say within the hour. If you want, we can get some F13 on!

Edited by Con

11 minutes ago, Con said:

I was just sent home cause last week we had people on vacation and I picked up all the slack and they sent me home early. 

i have to pick up my dog and I’ll be logging in say within the hour. If you want, we can get some F13 on!

I'm at work til 5pm PST though... ?

Thanks for downloading the game. Had a real fun time!! Cannot wait to get a full XDBX match one of these days

@punkbish85 @The_Lady_A @Crawford1872

Picture of Tommy Jarvis before seeing Jason...

....and Tommy Jarvis AFTER seeing Jason! Look at that face!!  lmao. 

Full Stream:

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, punkbish85 said:

IT'S A SIGN, MY MAN!

I can wear it. I was going to put it on when my phone rang. Thing is I haven't found a mirror to see myself as I'm currently wearing a scary clown one.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jason to get Balance Changes - 1/25/18

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16062-upcoming-jason-balance-changes-12518/

(if you don't have time to open the link) 

Good evening, counselors and slashers.

We’ve seen your reports; our Jason characters aren’t scary. We’ve seen the videos of counselors running circles around Jason and smacking him upside the head, repeatedly, while he quietly resigns himself to his fate. We’ve even seen videos of Jason being forced to run away while being chased by 4 Chads with baseball bats.

That’s not cool, and Chad is a dick.

As such, we will be implementing the following changes to Jason characters.

Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.

Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.

Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Yesss!!! The most tense Jason experience I've had so far wasn't trying to kill everyone, it was an intense standoff trying not to get killed without just giving up. Just three counsellors working together required me to resort to hit and run ninja tactics. Something does not feel right about that.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2018 at 4:14 PM, The_Lady_A said:

Yesss!!! The most tense Jason experience I've had so far wasn't trying to kill everyone, it was an intense standoff trying not to get killed without just giving up. Just three counsellors working together required me to resort to hit and run ninja tactics. Something does not feel right about that.

When the game was initially released, Jason was a bit OP but there were also launch issues that combined to making him very powerful. So much so that the casual F13 player died within the first 5 minutes of the game, causing them to wait around for 15 mins....(and let's face it, unless I'm watching a friend, i want Jason to kill everyone fast if I'm already dead)

While I and other diehard fans fought against the Jason nerf, they nerfed him anyways and to the point where I couldn't believe what a joke Jason had been turned into. That is like being able to punch the Jaws shark every time it swam by you and you surviving every time. I'm excited to play again and survive or escape Jason, which didn't seem like such an accomplishment the last few times I played. I wish I could go home and play this but the GTA creator is waiting for me tonight.

Edited by Con

New DLC...

Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning Jason!! 

If you never saw Part 5, it is one of the most hated in the franchise. And it mostly has to do with the twist at the end. I will have to re-watch Part 5 as I like the easter eggs in the game based on the real movie props.