Friday the 13th : The Game

Con

As a HUGE fan of the entire film series...this is the one game that will tear me away from GTAV.

While I'm hoping for a single player mode too ----playing as Jason and killing campers from around the world just has me pumped!!

Friday the 13th : The Game

• Like 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• Sinister

• The_Lady_A

• starmonkeykiller

I wouldn't expect a AAA game from that developer.

So many indy developers take a popular thing and turn it into a shit game, not saying this WILL be shit, but I'd approach with caution (especially if you're considering a pre-order).

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

I wouldn't expect a AAA game from that developer.

So many indy developers take a popular thing and turn it into a shit game, not saying this WILL be shit, but I'd approach with caution (especially if you're considering a pre-order).

Oh for sure, always be cautiously excited.  But it has so much going for it and so many folks from the original film series working on it so at least the details will be awesome and as a fan of the movies, it doesn't get better than this. Especially after the debacle that was the early version...

This wont be your Dad's or mine Fri the 13th game, that we know. 

ImHDPGq.jpg

Looks interesting.

Better have the ability to zip someone up in a sleeping bag and bash them against a tree. 

So many wild kills in those movies. I loved them as a kid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sinister said:

Looks interesting.

Better have the ability to zip someone up in a sleeping bag and bash them against a tree. 

So many wild kills in those movies. I loved them as a kid.

I remember that exact kill from the movie. 

• Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 minute ago, pete_95973 said:

I remember that exact kill from the movie. 

It will be in the game. That has been confirmed. Classic Jason Kill!

Yeah wild kills is right @Sinister, interestingly enough, fans of these films seem to be the most balanced humans out there. Well for the most part. But most of the people attending Fri 13 conventions are cool people. I was a boy when these movies came out, just a few years away from puberty so all the sex and horror made me feel like an adult and felt i had to act like one compared to my friends who werent sneaking in gory films. 

2 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Has always been my favorite kill from the series.

Love that it wasn't overdone. He just knew one swing would do the job. I love Michael Myers too and Freddy but I spent my time outside as a kid, in the woods preferably, so Jason was more of a threat than the other two. A few days after watching N on Elm St, I wasnt afraid of Freddy in my dreams. Or Myers because he killed people in the way of him getting to his family in Illinois!! I live in CT, Im safe af. lol. 

But Jason, he could show up at the beach, at the mini-golf, the arcade, day, night, rain, i could be in a port-a-potty....you get the idea. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Con said:

Love that it wasn't overdone. He just knew one swing would do the job. I love Michael Myers too and Freddy but I spent my time outside as a kid, in the woods preferably, so Jason was more of a threat than the other two. A few days after watching N on Elm St, I wasnt afraid of Freddy in my dreams. Or Myers because he killed people in the way of him getting to his family in Illinois!! I live in CT, Im safe af. lol. 

But Jason, he could show up at the beach, at the mini-golf, the arcade, day, night, rain, i could be in a port-a-potty....you get the idea. lol

The way you think about Jason, is the way I want randoms in free roam to think about me.  When we did  the last crew challenge that involved free roam killing I don't mind bragging a bit to say that my team won and I had the most free roam kills.  And maybe it is coincidence but this was my outfit for the whole challenge.  And it will be outfit starting again tomorrow for 12 days:

1c6pM40.jpg

• Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Just now, pete_95973 said:

The way you think about Jason, is the way I want randoms in free roam to think about me.  When we did  the last crew challenge that involved free roam killing I don't mind bragging a bit to say that my team won and I had the most free roam kills.  And maybe it is coincidence but this was my outfit for the whole challenge.  And it will be outfit starting again tomorrow for 12 days:

1c6pM40.jpg

"A" fuckin' Plus, bro! 

Your victim looks so helpless. lmao. 

• Like 1

Great movies

25 minutes ago, Con said:

One day I was in the woods with some friends and my Dad. Well, we get to this pond in some trees and dad gets out of sight. He just starts yelling JAAAAAAASSSOOONNNNNN as loud as he could. It echoed through the trees. One of my friends set a record for running back to his house that afternoon. It was epic, lol.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

Anyone buying this?

Me. I just don't know if i'll get before Sunday. It will be my first horror survival game. I will eventually stream the hilarity.

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 1

So the game forums love my avatar...It's Trump as Crazy Ralph. 

8D5SrzD.jpg

I had to work today, why i had to miss 2Bros, but as soon as I get home, i will try and play the game for the first time. Its DL'ed and ready to go. They are experiencing some launch issues but that's expected from a small company. Biggest complain comes from the people going into this game with a combat mentality. It's a survival game not a street fighter. If your goal is to kill Jason then you will get bored quickly, but if you like me, want to explore the maps, hide behind a tree while Jason decapitates the person who seconds ago was running along with you, then the game will never get old. I was trying to avoid videos and spoilers and tips until my first game play. Hopefully that will come in a few hours.

• Like 3

@Sinister 

Stream of Sinister and I running for our lives. Turn the volume down at 33:33, that's when Sinister-Jason appears outside the window I decide to jump out of!!

Next time we shall stick together more as counselors too. hahaha  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Con said:

@Sinister 

Stream of Sinister and I running for our lives. Turn the volume down at 33:33, that's when Sinister-Jason appears outside the window I decide to jump out of!!

Next time we shall stick together more as counselors too. hahaha  

I had a blast, especially fun as Jason.

Definitely have to focus more on working as a team. Filling up the 4 person car would be cool.

Escaping means we level up faster :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starmonkeykiller said:

Downloading now, let the hunt commence (in 25 mins).

Unless they fixed the server quirks it may be a little tricky finding people to play with. Con invited me to a lobby so I wouldn't have to wait. 

Playing with random people from around the world not obsessed with KD or being an ass was a refreshing change. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, starmonkeykiller said:

Downloading now, let the hunt commence (in 25 mins).

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

I had a blast, especially fun as Jason.

Definitely have to focus more on working as a team. Filling up the 4 person car would be cool.

Escaping means we level up faster :)

Well we are getting Monkey so we need one more XDBX'er. lol. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sinister said:

Con invited me to a lobby so I wouldn't have to wait.  

I joined the F13 forums and have friended two good groups of players so hopefully we won't have to count on quick play, as public sessions like those are full of traitors and the such. Once we get our own group, we will be golden. I'm trying to get @yo_rosta to get the game today. lol. 

With Clash and FIFA happening this month, this will be a great escape from those competitive tournaments. 

• Like 2