Red Dead Redemption 1

Protocawl

About to purchase the full version of this (with the zombie expansion or w/e it is :D) since it's on sale on PS Store.

Wondering how many in the crew still have it and are interested in playing it online? Once I get familiarised with the game, I'd like to get some online sessions going. Everyone seems to like this game a lot, so I imagine there should be plenty of interest.

If you don't have the game yet, you can buy it for a cheap price on the EU PS Store at least. Not sure if it's also on sale in the US, though...

So, who's in?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocawl

• skip_rat

• Smurf

• Beez

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome game. Scenario is top notch and the game world is amazing. Check out the sunset in Mexico, beautiful. You can buy it with your eyes closed. The Undead expansion is a must have. Really scary at times !

• Like 1

I have this game but for Xbox. Great game, i never finished it but funny enough I've gotten alot of people hooked on it. My brother saw me playing it and got hooked on it and i suggested it to a buddy of mine and its now one of his favorite games of all time. 

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I have it but I didn't think online was that great on it

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

Playing it online is real sketchy these days. Sometimes it's completely unplayable. Other times there are modders, just like GTAO for PS3. Occasionally you might run across a clean lobby, but in my experience it's rare. I did load it up a few days ago just to check it out. It took 20 minutes to put me in a lobby, and it appeared to be a good lobby. There were actually other players in it too. 

The main story is some of the best I've seen, and Undead Nightmare is also amazing. You can't go wrong buying this game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeaD_GooN said:

Playing it online is real sketchy these days. Sometimes it's completely unplayable. Other times there are modders, just like GTAO for PS3. Occasionally you might run across a clean lobby, but in my experience it's rare. I did load it up a few days ago just to check it out. It took 20 minutes to put me in a lobby, and it appeared to be a good lobby. There were actually other players in it too. 

The main story is some of the best I've seen, and Undead Nightmare is also amazing. You can't go wrong buying this game. 

No option for a private lobby or friends lobby or the like?

Yeah, I think when I played with Nicola, Marcus and another friend we were in our own session 

• Like 1

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

I think I played through story mode six times or more, Undead maybe twice. Great game, hope they make another. Tried online once or twice but I was terrible so I gave up.

I had a great time playing this game! It's funny in parts and serious in others. I enjoyed the online too. If you are concerned about trophies though the online will be a G-R-I-N-D and you might want to check trophy details that gives info about secret trophies.

I don't play on PS3 anymore except on the rare occaisions when I get drunk and SingStar with family :-D

• Like 1

In my opinion it's a great game, undead nightmare is scary but it has the mechanic that many zombie games don't have that is the only way to kill the zombies is to shoot them in the head so yeah like i said in my opinion you should buy and i still have mine red dead redemption

• Like 1

I played and finished this game on the Xbox 360 around the time it was first released.  I thought it was fantastic--one of my all-time favorites, but I only played the online segment for about a week.  From what I remember, it wasn't bad, but that was at least five or so years ago.  The story mode is definitely worth playing and finishing--I never played the Undead expansion, but I cannot wait until they release a new version of this game.

You should definitely enjoy it. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

All the comments here prove how badly we need a new Red Dead game.

Exactly. A new Read Dead would be the first game where a crew expansion would be a success. Judging by the comments in this thread and comments in the past, I think a large portion of the crew will be getting the game. So R* just need to create an online world at least up to pair with GTAO.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

Exactly. A new Read Dead would be the first game where a crew expansion would be a success. Judging by the comments in this thread and comments in the past, I think a large portion of the crew will be getting the game. So R* just need to create an online world at least up to pair with GTAO.

I agree with you, red dead was the best wild west style game i have ever played.

Great game , still one of my top games of all time, the online is quite fun with friends. I play it quite differently than gta as i never used auto aim in it. Binge through the single player, really good story. Best part for me was waundering through "tall trees" and being brutally mauled by bears xD

• Like 2

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

7 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Those landscapes in Mexico though.

"Lanscapes? What lanscapes? We don' ned no stinkin' lanscapes!"

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!