Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• zmurko

• Fido_le_muet

6 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Hahahah. The perfect outcome for such a shitty tournament. <_<:lol:

Congratulations, Portugal!

I have to agree although Portugal were one of the teams in the only truly entertaining match. Rest of the games were pretty boring and unimaginative really. Definitely a championship for the underdogs. Plus Ronaldo was one of the only big names to actually do anything even though he had a shocker himself.

As i like to point out if any of you didnt notice. When Eder got the ball right before he scored, didn't he make a foul on koscielny to get to the ball?? Ref also couldn't tell the difference between the arm of Eder and Koscielny. Anyway congrats portugal with the 'win'. I would actually feel deeply ashamed on the inside winning a tournament like that

• Like 1

Booooooo.

Glad I didn't watch any of this tournament, sounded shit.

The should make it so that in tournament play you have to make 5 changes after every match, would make it more interesting, and would rely on the strength of the whole squad rather than the obvious starting 11.

• Like 1

I don't think it was shit, far from it.

Football is the sport of underdogs now, Leicester have showed the world how it's done and it'll happen again and again.

Tournament football isn't always end-to-end and packed with goals, sometimes tactics and getting the win by any means necessary is more important.

People say Portugal don't deserve it, how exactly? They were never beaten so it's obvious that they were gonna go far. Yeah their football was ugly, but who cares, it works!

Too many bitter people around. If France or England had won it'd be the best Euro's ever :rolleyes:

You can play all the nice football in the world (Germany, Spain, England etc) but if you don't do the basics then the team won't be winners.

Well done, have to say they deserved it. Tough to beat and proved they're not a one-man-team.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ninja said:

I would actually feel deeply ashamed on the inside winning a tournament like that

No you wouldn't. You wouldn't give a toss. That's the kind of thing people only feel when it's the others winning. :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

I don't think it was shit, far from it.

Football is the sport of underdogs now, Leicester have showed the world how it's done and it'll happen again and again.

Tournament football isn't always end-to-end and packed with goals, sometimes tactics and getting the win by any means necessary is more important.

People say Portugal don't deserve it, how exactly? They were never beaten so it's obvious that they were gonna go far. Yeah their football was ugly, but who cares, it works!

Too many bitter people around. If France or England had won it'd be the best Euro's ever :rolleyes:

You can play all the nice football in the world (Germany, Spain, England etc) but if you don't do the basics then the team won't be winners.

Well done, have to say they deserved it. Tough to beat and proved they're not a one-man-team.

THIS!! ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arruda said:

No you wouldn't. You wouldn't give a toss. That's the kind of thing people only feel when it's the others winning. :)

I didnt really care about who was going to win or not. As you know my country wasnt in so i was neutral and didnt support a specific team. But if read my post why can't i get an answer about Eder making a foul right before he scored?

Same thing for the Netherlands in the final in south africa where Sneijder took a free-kick and it went off to the side by a player of spain and a goal kick was given. Out of that goal kick iniesta scored.

Also there were many other cases with other countries in the final and in my opinion when that happens you don't deserve to win. 

I'd also like to point out the great acting the portugese can do similar to brazil

• Like 1

Anyone making it to the final deserves to win. Even though I was rooting for France and loved to see their attacking play and I most definitely didn't want Portugal to win (mainly because most of their matches were terribly boring + I despise Ronaldo and Pepe), I have to admit that Santos played it spot on tactically in the final. Portugal were also solid in defence, their keeper had a great game and they certainly had luck on their side, too, but that's football, really. You have to have luck on your side if you want to be successful.

I'm sad that France lost, but if there's anything I've learned about football, it's that the better team won't always win. At least Portugal didn't park the bus like Greece in 2004 or Chelsea in the Champions League final in 2012! Sorry about the big loss on home soil, @Fido_le_muet, but it could've been worse! I believe France will have another great chance to lift a trophy in 2 years' time, so cheer up! ;)

For me, this tournament was much more interesting than any of the past EUROs that I've watched (except for the final), mainly thanks to the new system. I say keep it.

• Like 1