Euro 2016

zmurko

Were you cheering and dancing as well DC: :lol:

Also search for any videos of Icelandic commentator (Gudmundur Benediktsson) when they score goals and at final whistle. His voice completely cracked up, he starts screeching, almost sounds like whistling at the final whistle: :lol:

I'm just loving the Iceland story and especially their fans, they are having the time of their lives:

Euro 2016 resumes in 2 days with 1/4 finals matches. :)

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• zmurko

• Fido_le_muet

16 minutes ago, zmurko said:

I'm just loving the Iceland story and especially their fans, they are having the time of their lives:

I'm very impressed by the Icelandic fans, that chant they were all doing in unison was definitely intimidating. Certainly shut the masses of England fans up. The Welsh choir has also been a welcome change to a football tournament, used to hearing it for rugby matches but it's the first time I've heard it in football. It's almost civilised!

9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I'm very impressed by the Icelandic fans, that chant they were all doing in unison was definitely intimidating. Certainly shut the masses of England fans up. The Welsh choir has also been a welcome change to a football tournament, used to hearing it for rugby matches but it's the first time I've heard it in football. It's almost civilised!

If there's one thing the Welsh do in style, it's singing :D.

There's been a lots of good chanting and singing during the tournament, I don't understand all of it, but it's nice when the fans know more than one song.

Looks as though we'll be flying the flag for the UK for now (albeit a flag with a big red dragon on).

:P

I don't think the Welsh will be disappointed if they lose against Belgium, the whole country is already very proud, they're guaranteed a heroes welcome.

We also best Belgium in the last match 1-0 away during the Euro 2016 qualifiers and drew at home, so a surprise could be possible.

Of course England and Sweden didn't play to their best abilities. Not sure where Sweden will get goals from now that Ibrahimovic retired from international football.

Looking forward to the next stage of matches!

It's turning into a good tournament, any of the teams can win the trophy.

I really hope the next Euro's can be 32 teams and use the World Cup format, there are enough good teams to provide 32 teams IMO.

Really undecided, I like it.

Disagree about the 32 teams though. I think 24 is the right format. You can have small countries that qualifies for the 1/8th and who can be real underdogs. I like it. I like that rule of the best 3rd placed teams. 

32 would be too many and you would have 2 "big" teams by group, with little chance for smaller teams to get out of the group stage. 

At that rate we could have Lichtenstein, Feroe Islands or Andorra playing :D

2 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Really undecided, I like it.

Disagree about the 32 teams though. I think 24 is the right format. You can have small countries that qualifies for the 1/8th and who can be real underdogs. I like it. I like that rule of the best 3rd placed teams. 

32 would be too many and you would have 2 "big" teams by group, with little chance for smaller teams to get out of the group stage. 

I guess so, but the group stage is currently a bit odd - 36 matches played to eliminate only 6 teams. 

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Scotland might even qualify!

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Scotland might even qualify!

I missed Scotland at the Euro's.

Kilts and bagpipes would have added something different.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I missed Scotland at the Euro's.

Kilts and bagpipes would have added something different.

I dont know why, but it makes me think of this guys (from the movie Brave)

brave-movie-image-05.jpg

• Like 2