Should we stay or should we go?

Squirrel

Where's it going to stop? And more importantly are all the nations of Europe grown up enough to keep things peaceful if the EU falls apart?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• DavidCore89

• LimeGreenLegend

• silenttigercd

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

And more importantly are all the nations of Europe grown up enough to keep things peaceful if the EU falls apart?

As nations, of course. We'll remain part of NATO and the UN

If the EU falls apart what'll happen to the Euro? :/

Also, two world wars last century, granted, the UN and NATO were created to prevent that crap but wars are politics, if we drift further apart I don't see any good coming out of it...

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Who is Tom Short?

A guy who worked in a comedy club and a sales assistant at McColls newsagents.

He's just another remain voter who is mad.

Just because he uses a lot of words, it doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

I'll wait until the next PM lets us know that plan, fuck Tom Short.

He's just quoting (without quotation marks) a comment he read online. It's political analysis from an anonymous citizen... Not really any different than the stuff we post here. 

32 minutes ago, Arruda said:

He's just quoting (without quotation marks) a comment he read online. It's political analysis from an anonymous citizen... Not really any different than the stuff we post here. 

It's typical one-sided propaganda from the remain voters, that's hardly analysis, but I will agree that it's similar to stuff posted here.

Nobody with an ounce of common sense cares what The Guardian say, they probably voted to stay anyway.

1 hour ago, grjkie said:

If the EU falls apart what'll happen to the Euro? :/

Also, two world wars last century, granted, the UN and NATO were created to prevent that crap but wars are politics, if we drift further apart I don't see any good coming out of it...

I don't think we should be overly dramatic. It's very unlikely that developed democracies will get into senseless wars with each other. Specially neighbouring countries. People won't fall for it. Look at South America, a continent with far less political union than Europe, and with far greater social and economic problems, yet it's been quite a while since there was a war in that continent. 

If EU falls apart politically, its countries will still remain close. You can't simply undo all the progress this continent has gone through. You can't undo all the migration, all multi-national families, all economic ties. With or without European Union, we are all far closer socially and culturally. It's a very different place than it was in 1939. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd be extremely sad if it ever happened, I still believe in European Union with all it's shortcomings, but I think 1) it's still an unlikely scenario and 2) if it happens I doubt it means the end of the world as we know it. We'll still all be friends on PSN and friends don't raise guns against each other (weird thing to say in a GTA crew, I know).

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 1

I hope your right Arruda

IMO, South America isn't something we should look at either, they have their own internal problems, how can they wage war against each other when there are internal wars being fought :/

Russia-Ukraine issues, let's really hope nothing serious happens, I don't want to be enlisted again :/

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Can't tell if its satire or rhetoric. It reminds me of a Petro Caribe deal between Venezuela and Jamaica,

where Jamaica owed Venezuela USD$4.5 Billion for oil at a 1% interest per annum, only to hear that

they rang up the Jamaican Gov and said give us USD$3 Billion up front and we are good. Right now

their inflation rate is at a 700% increase and their leader said he is not leaving office until 2019, I am

guessing that's when his term in office will come to a much needed end. I Wonder how many nations he did this with.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 3