Should we stay or should we go?

Squirrel

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Handy online questionnaire for those undecided amongst us:

https://eudecision.uk/

I've not received my card yet for voting and it's only a few days away. Has everyone else got theirs?

You don't need the card, as long as you're registered just show up at the polling station.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• DavidCore89

• LimeGreenLegend

• silenttigercd

3 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

You don't need the card, as long as you're registered just show up at the polling station.

Would help if I knew where it was. I'll have to google!

15 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Would help if I knew where it was. I'll have to google!

Usually a local community centre, school or church.

19 minutes ago, djw180 said:

@Squirrel

https://www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk/polling-stations

You moved recently, did you re-register at your new address? If not you will still be able to vote, but I think it will have to be at the polling station covering your old place.

I re-registered at my new place the other week just before the deadline. Normally not that bothered about voting but this is a bigger issue that picking which wanker we want in charge.

Todays the day. 

This time tomorrow we'll know the state of play. We just have to hope whatever happens doesn't disrupt the country too much. 

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Todays the day. 

This time tomorrow we'll know the state of play. We just have to hope whatever happens doesn't disrupt the country too much. 

I think it has the potential to disrupt more that your country. I hope you all get to vote and that the day goes by safe.

I'll be voting in. A lot of European ties in my work and personal life. 

I'll total up all our votes here as well and we'll have our own mini XDBX referendum and compare it to the actual result in the morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I'll total up all our votes here as well and we'll have our own mini XDBX referendum and compare it to the actual result in the morning.

Great idea! Don't post it before 10PM though or you may receive an 'unlimited fine' or 6 months imprisonment! :o 

Boring legal shit:

'No person shall, in the case of an election to which this section applies, publish before the poll is closed:

a) any statement relating to the way in which voters have voted at the election where that statement is (or might reasonably be taken to be) based on information given by voters after they have voted 

b) any forecast as to the result of the election which is (or might reasonably be taken to be) based on information so given.

[Representation of the People Act 1983, section 66A]

EDIT: I know this relates to elections but the courts don't always use take the literal interpretation of statutes. Experts have suggested this will apply

I love the feeling that individual votes could tip the scale in either direction - polls have essentially been 50/50 throughout. It's not something you get from general elections with their multiple options, tactical and "wasted" votes.

Edited by silenttigercd

49 minutes ago, silenttigercd said:

Great idea! Don't post it before 10PM though or you may receive an 'unlimited fine' or 6 months imprisonment! :o 

I love the feeling that individual votes could tip the scale in either direction - polls have essentially been 50/50 throughout. It's not something you get from general elections with their multiple options, tactical and "wasted" votes.

I can only base it on peoples votes if they declare which way they have voted so it would just be an opinion poll. Like polls based the real vote taking place it will just be a sample of our voting numbers, many more people will be taking part in the vote and there are many who aren't saying which way they are voting.

On social media I've noticed the OUT contingent are far more vocal than the IN contingent. If this was purely based on peoples opinions on Facebook then we'd be leaving Europe faster than shit off a very well oiled shovel. This vote is going to be decided by the silent majority who haven't spoken out.~

Edited by Squirrel

Most people won't speak out because you'll immediately get labelled something by the opposition which doesn't fit.

Whether you vote in or out, it doesn't matter, there's a stereotypical group waiting for everyone :D

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

Most of my friends are voting in, it's all the comments I've seen on news articles where there's people shouting OUT OUT OUT. I think I've seen the same copy paste reply on about 20 different articles.

I try to avoid those comments. Or anything posted by bald men educated at 'The University of LIfe' for that matter!

I'm bald and would probably be placed into that group since I have no formal qualifications, although I don't use Facebook.

I love being bald, the feel of the warm summer breeze on your head.... Bliss : LOVE :

Just goes to show - you can't judge a book by it's cover :P.

On people who have declared their votes it's 5-4 in favour on leaving as far as the the crew goes.

Now we just have to wait

• Like 1

@DavidCore89 oh no, that group is only for the highest degree of arseholes! I don't think you reach the threshold. Also, the baldness isn't an issue - it just so happens most of them are bald! 

Employment status 'Full time fucking legend' is almost as bad :lol: Fucking Facebook...

• Like 1