MLB: The Show 16

LN-MLB

Since there seems to be several of us who are interested in playing this and perhaps forming an online league, I thought we could use a specific thread here.  Perhaps if it takes off, Hatch will give us a sub-forum. :P

Either way, here is the point of reference for the previously discussed details: 

I would be down for a shorter season if the option is available.

If @G37is managing the Red Sox, that means someone may have to choose the Yankees. :P

Any other ideas or team preferences?

List of potential players:

LN-MLB -- Detroit Tigers

Truelife98 -- Houston Astros

kernalhogan -- Toronto Blue Jays

Complex

Chewy -- New York Mets or Washington Nationals

G37 -- Boston Red Sox

JALJ -- Los Angeles Dodgers

Dodge -- St. Louis Cardinals

PDX96

DavidCore89

JustHatched -- Chicago White Sox or Colorado Rockies

Edited by LN
  • Like 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truelife98

• LN-MLB

• G37

• Chewy

Top Posters In This Topic

I might get it.

Baseball is one of the only US sports that I like.

I honestly thought EA developed this series, but I was wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

I might get it.

Baseball is one of the only US sports that I like.

I honestly thought EA developed this series, but I was wrong.

Only reason I like it, because they don't.

The other allure for me has been the broadcasting talent of Matt Vasgersian. He's the announcer for the Padres (not sure if still is) and has been doing work with this game for years. He's also got a lot of spot lights and shows on the MLB Network and also does a show with former MLB player Harold Reynolds on that station. I've no doubt it'll be even more entertaining and "life like" this year because of him.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I would consider getting this

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

When is it out?

I don't know the names of any baseball teams :lol:... Except Boston Red Sox.

So I'll pick when I get the game based on whatever feels right. 

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kernalhogan said:

I will be getting this when it comes out. My team is the Toronto Blue Jays. Get your passport ready, @G37.

Fite me irl.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

On March 18, 2016 at 4:14 AM, DavidCore89 said:

When is it out?

I don't know the names of any baseball teams :lol:... Except Boston Red Sox.

So I'll pick when I get the game based on whatever feels right. 

It will be released on the 29th of this month.  We will likely start our season sometime in April.  It's been a long time since I've played and I have never actually played it online, so I'll have to figure out how everything works.

You could always go with the Red Sox's historic, bitter rival--the NY Yankees. :D They also have the most money out of all the teams.

Edited by LN

As stated I will  get this game but joining the season I'm still iffy on depends on how many games the season is and what the general consensus is for how many games a week people expect to get in and how long games take.  

1 hour ago, BMSTANG said:

Does it matter if two people use the same team? Only one could advance to the World Series anyway.

If we all do a league franchise together, we'll have to each control at least one team.

3 hours ago, truelife98 said:

As stated I will  get this game but joining the season I'm still iffy on depends on how many games the season is and what the general consensus is for how many games a week people expect to get in and how long games take.  

I'm hoping there's an option for a shorter season since the regular one is 162 games + the postseason.  If not, we can find a way around things and maybe just sim parts of it here and there.

Are you guys actually controlling the teams in Madden or is it coaching/managing only?  We'd probably get more realistic results if we weren't responsible for when they swing and what types of pitches they throw, but I'm pretty open to whatever we decide.

5 minutes ago, LN-MLB said:

If we all do a league franchise together, we'll have to each control at least one team.

I'm hoping there's an option for a shorter season since the regular one is 162 games + the postseason.  If not, we can find a way around things and maybe just sim parts of it here and there.

Are you guys actually controlling the teams in Madden or is it coaching/managing only?  We'd probably get more realistic results if we weren't responsible for when they swing and what types of pitches they throw, but I'm pretty open to whatever we decide.

Yeah we control all aspects of team we play the games edit roster draft players and sign free agents during off season. 

I'm not sure how baseball works but football is week by week thing so if you play your game you can't play your next game until everyone else has played their game and readied up. 

Not sure if baseball goes Game by game

• Like 1

Pending if they will allow us to mix the National and American leagues, I'll be taking the White Sox, if I have to go with a National then it'll be Colorado Rockies.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Was looking around a little today and found this link. Granted it is for last year's version but I think we can assume it should be similar for this year as well. It breaks down most options for the online season.  

http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/how-to-create-an-online-league-in-mlb-15-the-show-6604

So it looks like customization should make it fairly easy for us. I would think just want to give a little time after release for people to purchase the game and get familiar with it

• Like 5

Just ordered the game from Canada, as it isn't sold in Australia and the U.S. stores don't seem to want to ship here. Estimated arrival is between the 5th and 15th of April. Makes me wish I had bought a bigger hard drive.

• Like 2

I gonna order mine tomorrow

• Like 2

Pre ordered mine last night thru Playstation store and Pre downloaded it.  Can't be up all nite tonight but if anyone else is downloading game and wants to get quick match in to nite let me know.  Not sure how it all works really if it only unlocks at midnight on East coast and west has to wait 3 hrs or not 

Just looked it up and if you pre order it is being released 12am eastern across the country so for West coasters you can play tonite at 9pm

On 3/23/2016 at 9:27 PM, Chewy said:

Just ordered the game from Canada, as it isn't sold in Australia and the U.S. stores don't seem to want to ship here. Estimated arrival is between the 5th and 15th of April. Makes me wish I had bought a bigger hard drive.

You may have issues with that.

Any time there's an update available, it'll get stuck on 'Waiting to Download' because your registered PSN address is probably not in Canada (which is where the game is from).

Any download is region locked, games aren't always region locked until a download becomes available.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

You may have issues with that.

Any time there's an update available, it'll get stuck on 'Waiting to Download' because your registered PSN address is probably not in Canada (which is where the game is from).

Any download is region locked, games aren't always region locked until a download becomes available.

What I thought and what I found may be wrong but they said game will release at 12am eastern and be available everywhere else at same time article say so if out are on Pacific Coast you can start playing at 9pm. Whoever like you said I thought they would have to wait. Time will tell