MLB: The Show 16

LN-MLB

19 minutes ago, truelife98 said:

What I thought and what I found may be wrong but they said game will release at 12am eastern and be available everywhere else at same time article say so if out are on Pacific Coast you can start playing at 9pm. Whoever like you said I thought they would have to wait. Time will tell

Yeah that's correct.

What I was talking about is a different thing all together.

Discs bought from the wrong region will not allow any updates or DLC to install until the license holder changes their address to the same region as the game.

Since every game gets a patch pretty early on to fix bugs, Chewy would face problems and wouldn't be able to install it.

So, if Chewy bought it from Canada, he will need to change his PSN details to a Canadian address to install ANY download. However that'll automatically lock any game bought from outside of Canada.

People on pCARS had the same issue and here's how to solve it - Create another PSN account based at any address in Canada, make this primary PS4, install the game updates or DLC on that account, go back to your main PSN and play.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truelife98

• LN-MLB

• G37

• Chewy

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the region codes:

PLAS is Asian English?
CUSA + Twelve digits: Europe.
CUSA + Five digits: Americas.
PCJS: Japan first party.
PLJS: Japan third party.
PCAS: Asia first party.
PLAS: Asia third party.

@Chewy- When your game arrives, it'll probably have the Americas region code, just follow the above steps.

• Like 1

@LN-MLB as you know, Opening Day is this upcoming Sunday, April 3rd. That's probably a little short notice but I think maybe that following Friday or Saturday we can begin with the XDBX League. Will give us a week with the game to become familiar and to get things going while it's still hot and people are still interested. So we can maybe aim for Friday April 8th or Saturday April 9th at a convenient time or maybe let that serve as a short "Spring Training" to get some matches against some people.

How you wanna structure the League is obviously up to you as you're the CO running it and we'll be able to explore those options soon enough. I'll probably order mine tonight or tomorrow to have it ready to play for a bit when I'm home that afternoon as well.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I'll pick mine up sometime tomorrow

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'll get it on Thursday.

Can't get a physical copy in Europe, it's probably not a big enough game to get a physical release worldwide, but it's only £39.99 on PS Store.

Also isn't available until March 30th for me.

Edited by DavidCore89

11 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Here's the region codes:

PLAS is Asian English?
CUSA + Twelve digits: Europe.
CUSA + Five digits: Americas.
PCJS: Japan first party.
PLJS: Japan third party.
PCAS: Asia first party.
PLAS: Asia third party.

@Chewy- When your game arrives, it'll probably have the Americas region code, just follow the above steps.

Cheers DC, My ID has a U.S. address linked to it so all the updates, rosters and DLC work fine.

Thanks for thinking of me though. 

11 hours ago, G37 said:

@LN-MLB as you know, Opening Day is this upcoming Sunday, April 3rd. That's probably a little short notice but I think maybe that following Friday or Saturday we can begin with the XDBX League. Will give us a week with the game to become familiar and to get things going while it's still hot and people are still interested. So we can maybe aim for Friday April 8th or Saturday April 9th at a convenient time or maybe let that serve as a short "Spring Training" to get some matches against some people.

How you wanna structure the League is obviously up to you as you're the CO running it and we'll be able to explore those options soon enough. I'll probably order mine tonight or tomorrow to have it ready to play for a bit when I'm home that afternoon as well.

Sounds good.  I'll likely get mine sometime towards the end of this week or next week.  I probably won't be able to get it until Thursday or Friday of this week at the earliest.

I'll have to look at the options and settings to see the best way to structure the league.  Since some of you guys are getting it earlier than I, feel free to post anything you've found that might work well for us.  I haven't played the game since version 13 (and never online), so it will be very new territory for me.

Either way, we'll get something figured out.  Definitely looking forward to this. :)

Oh, also, if you haven't already--go ahead and choose a team for the season.

• Like 1

Played about 7 innings last nite and looked around the online franchise options.  Definitely think divisional schedule is way to go not round Robin.  You can then set the number of games in the season and who many games in each series within the season.  From there you can set up how we play the league different options but the one that sounds most promising I believe is a flex schedule where any game can be played at any time you can also setup how many series in advance people can play. 

• Like 1

This is a lot of fun. Its relaxing, and competitive at the same time. RTTS mode has been what I played the most so far. But I have played against True and Hatch to see how that all works. 

Good game overall, so far. 

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

I got 2 franchises set up, one is a 6 team (3 spots left) round robin, mainly just for me to play with the settings and just for bs practice, the other is a 14 team public (randoms are allowed). If you want in either of them let me know what team you want and if it is available you can have it.

@LN-MLB, when you set up the XDBX franchise you will need to add the teams allowed (they can be changed later) and don't add CPU team owners as it will block anyone from being able to join if there is no empty spots. 

The menu system in this game sucks ass, gameplay is top notch

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I will be online around 8 830 pm eastern tonight if anyone wants to play a game just post it here.  We can do full 9 innings or a shortened game up to you 

I feel I need to respectfully back out of this league, as I'm not enjoying the game nearly as much as I hoped. I don't see myself investing a lot of time on it.

My pick was the Dodgers, who JALJ expressed interest in, so he should probably have first dibs on that team.

I'm divided on whether or not I should get the digital or physical copy.  The digital takes up an enormous amount of space, but I'd have to constantly switch discs if I choose the physical copy.

Still need team choices for all of those who haven't stated their preference.

We can all discuss the options soon and figure out what will work best for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LN-MLB said:

I'm divided on whether or not I should get the digital or physical copy.  The digital takes up an enormous amount of space, but I'd have to constantly switch discs if I choose the physical copy.

Still need team choices for all of those who haven't stated their preference.

We can all discuss the options soon and figure out what will work best for us.

Not switching discs was my selling point I had 220 gigs left MLB was like 40. So I went with digital

Edited by truelife98
  • Like 1

I'm going to get it.. But just like GTA, I'm still stuck on the older version. Cant get used to ps4 version. 

th?id=OIP.M17fd161f04171e619b86bfb1efbf7

• Like 5

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I'm OK with sticking with the cubs. (Apperantly they're supposed to be good this year -_-)

Those dodgers though... Losing greinke was tough. 

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

20 hours ago, newyork-nightmare said:

I'm going to get it.. But just like GTA, I'm still stuck on the older version. Cant get used to ps4 version. 

th?id=OIP.M17fd161f04171e619b86bfb1efbf7

Any idea what team you want to play as if you get the game. Before league starts up.  Believe beginning of thread has list of who has who

20 hours ago, JALJ said:

I'm OK with sticking with the cubs. (Apperantly they're supposed to be good this year -_-)

Those dodgers though... Losing greinke was tough. 

The team thread had you down for Dodgers as of now may need to get ln to change it if you want to stick with cubs

On 3/30/2016 at 0:45 PM, Hatch said:

I got 2 franchises set up, one is a 6 team (3 spots left) round robin, mainly just for me to play with the settings and just for bs practice, the other is a 14 team public (randoms are allowed). If you want in either of them let me know what team you want and if it is available you can have it.

@LN-MLB, when you set up the XDBX franchise you will need to add the teams allowed (they can be changed later) and don't add CPU team owners as it will block anyone from being able to join if there is no empty spots. 

The menu system in this game sucks ass, gameplay is top notch

Any more sign up for your leagues hatch any idea when they will start for us to start practicing 

On 4/3/2016 at 7:47 PM, truelife98 said:

Any more sign up for your leagues hatch any idea when they will start for us to start practicing 

The public league has filled up and is now active

I sent @G37 and @kernalhogan invites to the practice league, if they hop in that will leave one spot open. If no one takes it I will make it CPU but figure @LN-MLBwill want it

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

The public league has filled up and is now active

I sent @G37 and @kernalhogan invites to the practice league, if they hop in that will leave one spot open. If no one takes it I will make it CPU but figure @LN-MLBwill want it

If all goes well, I should be getting this tomorrow.

• Like 1