no_snacks

Checkmate

ikG6hSe.jpg

I don't normally make experimental jobs like this, but had an idea and thought I'd give it a go.  I hope it doesn't suck, but sorry if it does. :D

Players start in floating barges that are laid out in a large grid.  There are health, armour and Pistol .50 pickups in alternate barges - like a chess board.

You can't get a shot on the other players unless someone climbs out of their barge.  You can play a waiting game or go seeking some targets.  You are free to move around the "corridors" between the barges, so this could play out in a few different ways.

There are a few little raised pieces of metal in the corridors.  If you are standing on one of these, you can just see the top of other players heads over the walls.  With some steady free-aim, you may be able to get a shot on your opponent, but you are also vulnerable to a counter attack as your head is also higher than the wall.

Each spawn point faces the centre of the board.  This will help to get your bearings after a respawn, although it's hard to get lost. :)

Designed to be played as a standard DM in a smaller lobby, but best played as a TDM with any more than about 12 players.

EZ8ZCkN.png

RSC Link - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/o699XyvUV0uan04L0VPp-g#

Any feedback - good or bad - is appreciated.

• Like 4

Any TDM that I get MVP on in a crew playlist must be fucked @no_snacks. :P

It was fun and seemed to work well and is different from anything else we have, good shit...

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Very different, but very well made.

I hate this shotgun, but that didn't matter because I loved the map.

I've never seen anything like this before.

A good balance between run and gun and tactics to overpower the enemy. At one point the box I was in got raided by 4 enemies :lol:

• Like 1

Cheers for the feedback, guys. :)

Yeah @Hatch, you were in fine form.  We started in the same box so we spent some time near each other at the start.  You were popping people before I even knew they were there.  Good stuff.

@DavidCore89. Do you mean the Pistol .50, or did you actually have a shotgun? :D   As far as tactics go, I tried out a few different ways of playing - waiting in my barge, climbing into someone else's barge, moving about the corridors, standing on the walls to get a shot off - and there seemed to be pros and cons to them all.  Hopefully everyone can find a tactic that suits their style of play and nobody  will have a clear advantage or disadvantage.

@LN-MLB.  Thanks for putting it in your playlist untested.  I must've accidentally published it instead of just saving it.  Glad it played out ok.  Phew. :)

Wow, yeah.  It must be a glitch.  I started with the Pistol .50 and I'm pretty sure everybody else did too.  I can't remember seeing or hearing any shotgun blasts.

While in the creator, no other weapon was placed or even selected at any stage.  It was Pistol .50 starting weapon and pickups right from the start, so that's really weird.  Thanks for letting me know, @DavidCore89.  I'll go have a look at the job to see if there's anything out of place. :)