At the Foot of Josiah

kernalhogan

iulokdi.png

Located at some sort of water storage facility on the Alamo Sea, just outside of Stab City. Starting weapon is the Mini SMG, with Assault Shotgun, Heavy Sniper, and Grenade pickups. Open area map with lots of props for cover, including on top of the water storage tanks. Can be played with any number of teams depending on the amount of players. This is the first real DM that I've created, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

At the Foot of Josiah (RSC Link)

Edited by kernalhogan
  • Like 1

I'll put it in tonights pl

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I really liked this mate, it feels pretty even as fair as starting goes. Even though getting on top of the towers was an advantage it didn't make you unbeatable.

Great work.

I really enjoyed this one too, Hogan. :)

I noticed you had a few Grenade pickups all in the same spot.  It might be a good idea to spread them out a bit more.  Depending on where you start or spawn, you may never get close enough to get one.

The Pump Shotgun is a cool weapon, but I think on a large open map like this one, it doesn't have to range to compete with the Advanced Rifle, especially if the other team has a high ground advantage.  The only way I could get them off the water tanks was by free-aiming with the Advanced Rifle, but ammo was a bit limited.  (I never once used the Pump Shotgun).  You could possibly look at replacing the Pump with the Heavy Shotgun or another type of rifle or MG.

Good job on your 1st DM, mate.  Looking forward to playing it again. :)

• Like 1

This was an awesome job. I had pretty bad lag during it though which made it frustrating but the map itself was good. 

As as snacks said, the pump shotgun is rather useless on this map. I'd consider using the auto shotgun. It is OP, but since the map is large and you also have advanced rifles in it, it should balance it out quite well.

I didn't notice too much of a problem with people dominating in the tower but you could add some normal snipers to counter that. There is enough cover that it would be hard to just snipe people and to counter that you can put the sniper pickups away from the vantage points so they have limited ammo and are forced to move around.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg