In Harmony HD XL

Dodge

Hope you made the map considerably bigger, the 16 player version is fun but can be cramped if full (same as my Bubba Style).

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a mistake that the starting weapon is a pistol? I'm asking because it wasn't the case on the original and because the difference between the pistol and all the pick-ups is ridiculously huge. 

Also, where did you hide the mini-guns and grenade launchers? The map is kinda missing that mayhem aspect the original has.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

The pistol is a mistake. I'll check on that. And I guess I'll add sk.e heavy weapons s pickups. I now the original had those. Not sure if everyone like the mayhem. But I'll add it, and see how it goes. 

Dodgeservice.png

True. But I personally think that was what made the original map stand out. Despite it being a bit cramped sometimes like Hatch mentioned, the heavy weapons actually worked pretty well. And this version will handle them much better.

• Like 1

So the before mentioned changes are happening this morning. We ran this last night, and this map was an absolute joke. It needs way more than just some weapons changes. I really need some feedback here. This was as one-sided as I've ever seen a map. So please, let me know what went wrong. 

Dodgeservice.png

Machine Pistols instead of pistols IMO (I think the map of mine we played last night needs it as well)

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

It's hard to really judge the map because the teams were pretty unbalanced. The same thing was the case when we ran it the other day in the EU PL. The team that is outgunned and outmatched gets pushed way back and for some reason it takes a long time for them to start spawning behind the other team, so they are just caught behind the gas station.

Changing the starting weapon will be the key thing. Right now it's really hard for the team that is being pushed back to get back into it, because they spawn only with pistol ammo while the other team is storming against them with rifles, MG's etc. 

Also, maybe change the placement of the RPG's so there's one in each end of the map instead of two in the middle. As they are now the dominant team can just pick up both and spam rockets at the other team.

You could also remove the spawn points in the middle of the map to give the weaker team some breathing room and a chance to regroup.