Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

GTAO 6?


JustHatched

Recommended Posts

JustHatched

What do you think the next version of GTAO will be? What will it be called since the current is called Online. Perhaps Online 2? Or will GTAO get a major overhaul and have a new map added to it?

I don't see the overhaul happening, it would mean resetting all your progress and R* would need to everyone to start from scratch so they can make money off of shark cards 2

gta-6.jpg

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JuniorChubb

    23

  • JustHatched

    9

  • Marx Maddox

    9

  • Squirrel

    8

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think they would format the game in this way, but I would love to see something with all 3 previous locations in it and the ability to choose where you start so that everyone has a slightly di

Posted Images

pete_95973

I hope it is a new map with everything reset.  I am looking forward to starting over again.

I want it to take place in either NY or Las Vegas maybe.  Miami would be cool too.

  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Link to post
Share on other sites
JustHatched
10 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

I hope it is a new map with everything reset.  I am looking forward to starting over again.

I want it to take place in either NY or Las Vegas maybe.  Miami would be cool too.

It very well could have all 3 cities. If it then follows an RDRO type map with multiple cities would be cool, then maybe planes will have a real purpose to haul people around unlike GTA5

  • Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb

Wouldn’t Miami be most likely since we have done New York and Cali in the last two games... 

I can’t remember where I read/heard it but for some reason I have South America in my head as a ‘visitable location’ rumour for GTA6.

The scope on what can be done is huge, but I worry that online will feel shallow on launch... limited game modes, less cars,  less races and most importantly no creator on launch.

With EA releasing a Triple A game for free that will rely on micro transactions who knows what we will get with GTA6 online that is still years away. Free download and in game prices even more ridiculous than they already are?

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JustHatched
2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Wouldn’t Miami be most likely since we have done New York and Cali in the last two games... 

I can’t remember where I read/heard it but for some reason I have South America in my head as a ‘visitable location’ rumour for GTA6.

The scope on what can be done is huge, but I worry that online will feel shallow on launch... limited game modes, less cars,  less races and most importantly no creator on launch.

With EA releasing a Triple A game for free that will rely on micro transactions who knows what we will get with GTA6 online that is still years away. Free download and in game prices even more ridiculous than they already are?

Hopefully they don't do a GTAO6 Beta like the RDRO Beta. 

I can live without the creator at first, I do enjoy making stuff but I can see R* logic in trying to get as much out of a game as possible. Holding off an a creator just adds length to the game as it being a big add on later to draw people back in

  • Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
6 hours ago, Hatch said:

I can live without the creator at first, I do enjoy making stuff but I can see R* logic in trying to get as much out of a game as possible. Holding off an a creator just adds length to the game as it being a big add on later to draw people back in

Unfortunately you are probably spot on here. 

Hopefully a Creator will be high on the list of priorities as they will have seen the longevity it has added to GTA5. 

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
doubleg213

I don't think they would format the game in this way, but I would love to see something with all 3 previous locations in it and the ability to choose where you start so that everyone has a slightly different path into the game. Plus a lot more wilderness, I know a lot of people don't seem to like the empty space, but to be able to do Baja style or Dakar style events due to having a much bigger desert area would be a boon for nerds like me.

That would also add to the need for planes and such like.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
On 2/16/2019 at 10:59 AM, Lann said:

Size of map and available interiors would make a huge difference.

Interiors and more map interactivity in general... some feature missing from V that were in IV need to return.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have high hopes for the next GTAO or whatever it will be called. You only have to look at RDR2 online for clues. No solo/invite only lobbies for starters. Gameplay which apart from a small number of missions is almost solely PVP. 

RDR2 is a great single player game, but I have not touched online as I know I won't enjoy it. 

If GTAO2 follows a similar path I doubt I will be playing it but it's years away yet so who knows...

Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
1 hour ago, Mythaga said:

I don't have high hopes for the next GTAO or whatever it will be called. You only have to look at RDR2 online for clues. No solo/invite only lobbies for starters. Gameplay which apart from a small number of missions is almost solely PVP. 

RDR2 is a great single player game, but I have not touched online as I know I won't enjoy it. 

If GTAO2 follows a similar path I doubt I will be playing it but it's years away yet so who knows...

It’s why I didn’t even bother with RDR2, I am sure the single players is epic...

However the Online is always gonna be limited due to the gaming environment, especially after what we can do on GTA.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lann said:

Is the organized/playlist/crew aspect of gta so small (not for us, but as a whole, $) they wont even bother adding it to rdro? If so i think @Mythaga is right about lowering ones expectations on ”gtao6”

Unfortunately I think you will be right. C* will look at metrics to see what players do the most. The organised crew/playlist/creator community will be relatively small compared to casual players who just want to run around blowing stuff up (and buy shark cards because they don't have the patience to grind)

So they will see that from the stats and taylor the next game towards that. Just look at the direction GTAO has gone in already (and the main reason I have stopped playing it...)

Edited by Mythaga
Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
12 minutes ago, Lann said:

Is the organized/playlist/crew aspect of gta so small (not for us, but as a whole, $) they wont even bother adding it to rdro? If so i think @Mythaga is right about lowering ones expectations on ”gtao6”

I hope not. I still believe that the playlist function will be added. The invite only/crew sessions is another thing, though. R* have been pushing us players into public lobbies for years now. I'm sure they would like to remove them completely but haven't got the b*lls to do so.

Edited by Banketelli
Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

My fear is that Rockstars business model has changed. GTAOnline success has been built on those willing to pump in 100’s of dollars into the game. 

Rockstar may go in basing the game around an online environment as it’s where they get their main income from but they only have to look at recent failures such as Fallout 76 to see that online only games are incredibly risky and difficult to pull off. 

It takes time to build content though online, you only have to see the amount of RDR2 copies in secondhand game stores to see that people aren’t as hooked on there as GTA. It needs the creator from launch as that is where people’s creativity can add vastly more content than what’s available in the main game.

Rockstars talent is in the single player experience. They have to concentrate on the environment and story. A return to Vice City is a must though. It’s the only city not to get the HD treatment and the original is most people’s favourite ever GTA game.

What I’d really like to see is a combination of using your user created GTA character in the main story but being able to interact with other players in the single player world. It would be amazing if you can run through the story with a friend or two.

Ubisoft have managed similar in Watchdogs and the Assassins Creed games so it’s definitely possible.

Being able to switch seamlessly between single player and online would be a real winner. 

As for when we’ll get it. I can’t see it being ready as a PS5 launch title. That honour will probably go to Bully. 

Speaking of Bully, we’ll get a strong idea of Rockstars intentions for GTA when that launches. 

And please give us dedicated servers! Even the option to rent server space like Dice did with Battlefield 3 would be a huge boost. Basing it around a P2P network has massive drawbacks especially when you have multiple timezones involved and wildly varying internet speeds. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
1 hour ago, Lann said:

Is the organized/playlist/crew aspect of gta so small (not for us, but as a whole, $) they wont even bother adding it to rdro? If so i think @Mythaga is right about lowering ones expectations on ”gtao6”

Sorry Lann but I would never call the organised/playlist/crew aspect of GTA small.

It is organised play that has helped the game keep going for so long, even now at this stage of the game.

Hoewever I share some of the fears you and Myth have about GTA6 (especially if the current cars with flags are clues that R* will use the same game engine and cannot fix curb boosting).

On the flip side though Apex Legends is a triple A title just released for free that will be dependant on MT’s. This will become more common in the years between now and the GTA6 launch. Could we see a free GTAO supported entirely by MT’s?

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

My thoughts on microtransactions are well known. If GTA becomes another game in that model even if as free to buy game I’d probably not pick it up. 

The key to the GTA games have always been the cities. Not many games have matched the scale and interactivity you can have with the NPC’s and environment. 

Would any game company put in the effort required to create such an environment for a free to play game? GTAV cost 100s of millions to produce. It was a risk that paid off but will Rockstar think the same effort will be required again if they’re only making a cash grab style game? 

EA release the same games every year and make billions from them with minimal development time between each release.

Whose making the final decisions? Is it the shareholders or the game designers. Recently with GTA Online it seems like the shareholders are very much dictating the route the game is taking.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
6 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

My thoughts on microtransactions are well known. If GTA becomes another game in that model even if as free to buy game I’d probably not pick it up. 

The key to the GTA games have always been the cities. Not many games have matched the scale and interactivity you can have with the NPC’s and environment. 

Would any game company put in the effort required to create such an environment for a free to play game? GTAV cost 100s of millions to produce. It was a risk that paid off but will Rockstar think the same effort will be required again if they’re only making a cash grab style game? 

EA release the same games every year and make billions from them with minimal development time between each release.

Whose making the final decisions? Is it the shareholders or the game designers. Recently with GTA Online it seems like the shareholders are very much dictating the route the game is taking.  

Some of these issues may  be challenged if some would put out something to challenge GTA...

Nothing comes close to it IMO (and like you mention) so while it rules the roost they will continue to do what they want. Saints Row, Watchdogs, Mafia etc all have their merits but don't touch GTA for that contemporary open world gaming experience.

Fortnite has seen some compet*tion in the BR world with Apex, low and behold you can now earn next seasons Battle Pass for free with in game challenges for the first time since launch.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza
19 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Fortnite has seen some compet*tion in the BR world with Apex, low and behold you can now earn next seasons Battle Pass for free with in game challenges for the first time since launch.

speaking of which, you on tonight??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
Just now, CatManDoza said:

speaking of which, you on tonight??

I should be, just dropped Bing at his nanna's and have a whole heap of challenges to work through.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

Interesting that you mention Fortnite. 

That game plus Apex Legends, PUBG etc are a prime example of where the popularity is right now for games. 

Instant access, free or cheap to install, quickly forgotten when the next contender releases. For every big game there’s many others who’ve attempted to capture the BR market and failed due to over saturation .

Fortnite killed PUBG, will Apex kill Fortnite? What will be the new must play Battle Royale game in 2020? 

Is GTA VI going to be 2021’s Big BR game?

Will we be sick of BR by then?

More reasons why Rockstar should stick to the tried and tested single player game with an added online component. It’s world building that adds longevity to a game, not just jumping on the latest trend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Is GTA VI going to be 2021’s Big BR game?

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh: careful now, stranger things have happened.

I am not suggesting 'trend following' as such, just that the first Triple A 'free to play' has been released. By the time the next GTA is here the gaming landscape may be very different.

Granted 'Free to Play' GTA will be unlikely, subscription plus MT's maybe?

Couldn't agree more on the 'world building' though.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:20 PM, Squirrel said:

What I’d really like to see is a combination of using your user created GTA character in the main story but being able to interact with other players in the single player world. It would be amazing if you can run through the story with a friend or two.

*cough* Saints Row *cough*

Speaking of which, a new Saints Row game has been rumoured....(SR2 & 3 are two of my favourite games ever, 4 was a bit sh*te, but still fun in a way)

Link to post
Share on other sites
JuniorChubb
2 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

*cough* Saints Row *cough*

Speaking of which, a new Saints Row game has been rumoured....(SR2 & 3 are two of my favourite games ever, 4 was a bit sh*te, but still fun in a way)

Myth you can’t mock Fortnite then hint at Saints Row replacing GTAO 😂

  • Haha 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.