GTAO 6?

JustHatched

6 hours ago, Squirrel said:

There is that rumour that Sony are buying TakeTwo. That would guarantee exclusivity. 

I've read that rumor, I don't think it will happen. 

If it did though I imagine XB and PC players would riot in the streets

get him crowd GIF by South Park

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

53 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I've read that rumor, I don't think it will happen. 

If it did though I imagine XB and PC players would riot in the streets

get him crowd GIF by South Park

All 10 of the PC and XBOX players? The player base is dominated by PS4. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

All 10 of the PC and XBOX players? The player base is dominated by PS4. 

Curious how you know PS4 is more active than the others? Not saying you are wrong cuz I don't know either way, but assuming  you are right even cutting out the XB and PC players will mean GTA6 won't net the kind of cash GTAV has so far. Assuming your right let's say PS4 makes up 50% of the player base, and XB and PC combined make the other 50%. 50% out a billion dollars is a fair amount of money. If Sony was to buy T2 then it would be in Sony's interest I would think to keep GTA a multiplatform game

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

Curious how you know PS4 is more active than the others? Not saying you are wrong cuz I don't know either way, but assuming  you are right even cutting out the XB and PC players will mean GTA6 won't net the kind of cash GTAV has so far. Assuming your right let's say PS4 makes up 50% of the player base, and XB and PC combined make the other 50%. 50% out a billion dollars is a fair amount of money. If Sony was to buy T2 then it would be in Sony's interest I would think to keep GTA a multiplatform game

Without finding out exact player numbers you can judge it by the online communities. The requests for players on ps4 has vastly outweighed requests on the xbox platforms. 

Another unofficial but GTA specific metric to judge things by is Broughys content creator streams. He’s struggled to fill the xbox streams and reopened the submissions for xbox creations long ago while he still has plenty of PS4 submissions to go through. 

These numbers aren’t official but it’s clear that the ps4 gta community is a lot larger than the xbox one. It has been like that since the launch of PS4 though. 

Losing the xbox community would be a financial hit but the people making the decisions have access to numbers we’d never see. The fact that purchasing take two and gta being a PlayStation exclusive is a possible option shows the console wars are pretty much over. 

PS4 launch smashed the XBOX and was superior up to the last hardware update.

IMO PS4 got their marketing spot on to... ‘For the players’ seemed to really work. I think the sales balanced after a while though.

Check the recruitment threads on GTAF, that might be a semi decent guide on popularity for GTAO.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

20 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Without finding out exact player numbers you can judge it by the online communities. The requests for players on ps4 has vastly outweighed requests on the xbox platforms. 

Another unofficial but GTA specific metric to judge things by is Broughys content creator streams. He’s struggled to fill the xbox streams and reopened the submissions for xbox creations long ago while he still has plenty of PS4 submissions to go through. 

These numbers aren’t official but it’s clear that the ps4 gta community is a lot larger than the xbox one. It has been like that since the launch of PS4 though. 

Losing the xbox community would be a financial hit but the people making the decisions have access to numbers we’d never see. The fact that purchasing take two and gta being a PlayStation exclusive is a possible option shows the console wars are pretty much over. 

20 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

PS4 launch smashed the XBOX and was superior up to the last hardware update.

IMO PS4 got their marketing spot on to... ‘For the players’ seemed to really work. I think the sales balanced after a while though.

Check the recruitment threads on GTAF, that might be a semi decent guide on popularity for GTAO.

Fair points, but I still think if Sony was to buy T2 it would be a sh*tstorm if it weren't made multiplatform

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Fair points, but I still think if Sony was to buy T2 it would be a sh*tstorm if it weren't made multiplatform

A definite sh*tstorm... my popcorn would be ready so I can sit back and enjoy it  😂

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?