GTAO 6?

JustHatched

I think it was in some article that some Rockstar guy said that if they did a game in the UK they'd brand it outside of GTA because of GTA being so Americanised. 

I guess branding and getting things to make sense to the Americans fans would be difficult at this point. The UK folk have figured how to drive on the wrong side of the road in GTA and drink Sprunk. I'm not sure the Americans are quite ready to drive on the other side of road and drink Tea or whatever F'd up reference those witty fools at Rockstar can make about us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheWordIsMarc said:

I'm not sure the Americans are quite ready to drive on the other side of road and drink Tea or whatever F'd up reference those witty fools at Rockstar can make about us.

Warm beer with bits in surely?

• Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

4 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Warm beer with bits in surely?

So what would that version of p*sswaser be called? What about those nuts on the side of the bar with extra flavour for those adventurous to give them a go? 

To be fair you could easily use a real beer name for something GTA-esque. 

Shepard Neame's Bishops finger for instance, already has a classic GTA advert

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

True. But they'd have to do the licensing 

12 minutes ago, TheWordIsMarc said:

I think it was in some article that some Rockstar guy said that if they did a game in the UK they'd brand it outside of GTA because of GTA being so Americanised. 

I guess branding and getting things to make sense to the Americans fans would be difficult at this point. The UK folk have figured how to drive on the wrong side of the road in GTA and drink Sprunk. I'm not sure the Americans are quite ready to drive on the other side of road and drink Tea or whatever F'd up reference those witty fools at Rockstar can make about us.

I asked my crew (the ones not in the USA) a long time ago about how they felt with many games being USA based and if I remember right they said something along the lines that having something like GTA in the UK for example wouldn't seem right due to real life things such as the gun laws over there being much more strict wouldn't make the game feel even remotely realistic (keep in mind this was before the flying cars and bikes)

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 minute ago, Hatch said:

I asked my crew (the ones not in the USA) a long time ago about how they felt with many games being USA based and if I remember right they said something along the lines that having something like GTA in the UK for example wouldn't seem right due to real life things such as the gun laws over there being much more strict wouldn't make the game feel even remotely realistic (keep in mind this was before the flying cars and bikes)

True. But the underworld here doesn't just throw cats and dogs at each other. It's knives mostly. But Acid throwing is on the rise. And guns can still circulate. It's just more rarely heard of. 

I think you'd probably find it easier to make a Bully game based in the UK rather than a GTA. Either that or something similar to the Warriors if they made it a bit more realistic. They could use an MC like the Blue Angles or a Firm like the Krays as Inspiration. Unless they decide to go into a London ghetto atmospheres. Documentaries of such seem to be making the rounds more and more of all that round here. Hell they could even mention the yardies or back to the early 1900s and use the peaky blinders... Pretty that'd make some sales with the series being so popular. 

I just think the idea of GTA switching is daunting to Rockstar when all their eggs for that franchise are in an American basket. 

The parody possibilities are endless and I would love to see an open world game of GTA standard set in Blighty but I think Hatch may be right. 

The modern GTA is primarily a parody of the good ol’ US of A and may lose a lot in translation.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

A UK style GTA game would have to go down the lock stock/sn*tch route. 

There will be guns in the game but they would actually be more like RDR guns. Sawn off shotguns, old pistols. Lots of melee combat too.

The Police however would be fully armed with rifles and sub machine guns if you commited a crime involving a gun. 

I can imagine it being successful if it focused on the car side of things. A new Midnight Club so focused on the car modification scene with car related crimes thrown in. Joyriding & classic armed robbery. 

• Like 1

Tbf, the British police would get the rifles out of you dropped a cigerette end on the high street.

*oops forgot that word for cigarette is a swear to americans

Edited by CatManDoza

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Everyone likes a bit of Nun's Delight.

• Like 1

What about a San Fierro (San Francisco) & Las Venturas (Las Vegas) combo revisit?

The Hawaiian islands would be quite awesome as well.

Maybe some new cities from the east coast, like Washington DC and Boston? (too boring?)

What about the state of Texas? + Arizona? Some great material there in every aspect for GTA.

Some visits to Mexico & Canada or Alaska could be fun, too. Have to be smaller travel destinations in the game, though, I guess.

And if Europe was an option, (which it really probably isn't), Ireland or Italy might be good options.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Protocawl said:

What about a San Fierro (San Francisco) & Las Venturas (Las Vegas) combo revisit?

Maybe some new cities from the east coast, like Washington DC and Boston? (too boring?)

What about the state of Texas? + Arizona? Some great material there in every aspect for GTA.

Some visits to Mexico & Canada or Alaska could be fun, too. Have to be smaller travel destinations in the game, though, I guess.

And if Europe was an option, (which it really probably isn't), Ireland or Italy might be good options.

You've got some nice ideas. I think it'd be a nice idea for rockstar to expand. It's just how much they feel they'd have to invest into it to expand. 

I think past VI it's possible for them to move elsewhere but I'm having trouble think it can't be Vice City. Even the Roman numerals numbers makes perfect marketing opportunities for Vice. 

San Fierro and Las Venturas would be dope. Especially blew up in scale and remoldeled.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On 2/27/2019 at 11:02 PM, Protocawl said:

Ideally, I'd like something with a much bigger map, lots more empty open space and bigger cities.

Something like GTA San Andreas but bigger and maybe even with a trip across to Liberty City. 

Just a larger game world in general and more freedom in creator is all I want, normal free roam and offline I'm not too fussed about. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

Ideally, I'd like something with a much bigger map, lots more empty open space and bigger cities.

Something like GTA San Andreas but bigger and maybe even with a trip across to Liberty City. 

Just a larger game world in general and more freedom in creator is all I want, normal free roam and offline I'm not too fussed about. 

And no f*ckers in flying bikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Articles flying round for a rumoured 23' - 25' release date. They're really trying to push the candy of GTA V Online until every last bit is squeezed out. There's Red Dead to establish too but I can't see it getting the popularity GTA did online. I think when the updates come it'll surge but then once the hype dies they'll fade off.

On 4/14/2019 at 6:32 AM, TheWordIsMarc said:

Articles flying round for a rumoured 23' - 25' release date. They're really trying to push the candy of GTA V Online until every last bit is squeezed out. There's Red Dead to establish too but I can't see it getting the popularity GTA did online. I think when the updates come it'll surge but then once the hype dies they'll fade off.

Hope you are not right about the 23 to 25. I could see it being 22 or 23 but waiting until 2025 is far to long, RDR won't hold like GTAV has, R* would have to toss in a game between there (such as Bully) to pass the time to 2025

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I read an article that PS5 is about 3 years away, I can imagine Sony would love GTA6 to be a launch title...

That could mean 2022.... considering how long these games take to develop a year or two on top wouldn’t surprise me.

The best rumours I have heard are Vice City and Liberty City in the same game and GT6 as a PS exclusive that will head to XB and PC after a short delay.

• Like 1

They're all posted about PS5 today because some Exec dropped a few details. All he confirmed on console release is not 2019.

I think it's safe to assume GTA 6 is going next gen. Rumour mill suggests Sony got Rockstar to sign of on a GTA 6 1 month exclusive deal but... I think I call bs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheWordIsMarc said:

They're all posted about PS5 today because some Exec dropped a few details. All he confirmed on console release is not 2019.

I think it's safe to assume GTA 6 is going next gen. Rumour mill suggests Sony got Rockstar to sign of on a GTA 6 1 month exclusive deal but... I think I call bs.

Yup, more than likely BS on the exclusivity deal...

However winning the launch battle for next gen can be a real boost. I bet Sony would offer a hell of a lot of money to get GTA as a PS5 exclusive, even if it was just for a month. What a master str*ke it would be if it happened.

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Yup, more than likely BS on the exclusivity deal...

However winning the launch battle for next gen can be a real boost. I bet Sony would offer a hell of a lot of money to get GTA as a PS5 exclusive, even if it was just for a month. What a master str*ke it would be if it happened.

There is that rumour that Sony are buying TakeTwo. That would guarantee exclusivity. 

5 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

There is that rumour that Sony are buying TakeTwo. That would guarantee exclusivity. 

Wowsers!

If true that could be a game changer...