Lann

9J670UI.png

http://rsg.ms/e131288

Sticky bomb pick-ups are places at the containers, to make them easy to find.

The yellow tanks are heavy but make more damage when dropped.

There should be regular cars around to use as well, but the heavy trucks cant be lifted.

My initial thought was to place containers to pick up, but no placed containers could be lifted.

All and any feedback is much appreciated.

Edited by Lann3

Looks good, but......

The team in the compound looks like it has nothing to do but twiddle their thumbs while the other team collects a container. (Would a grenade launcher have enough range to reach the containers?) Then once the team on the ground has a chance to fight back, they are only seconds away from explosive containers raining down on them, while they're surrounded by explosive gas tanks. I can't imagine that team winning very often :) (Bear in mind I'm basing these observations on the video alone, so could be talking crap)

(Not many people seem to read job descriptions either, so it could be that some people play 3 rounds and still don't have clue what they're meant to have been doing :))

Edited by Pb76
  • Like 1

Looks good, but......

The team in the compound looks like it has nothing to do but twiddle their thumbs while the other team collects a container. (Would a grenade launcher have enough range to reach the containers?) Then once the team on the ground has a chance to fight back, they are only seconds away from explosive containers raining down on them, while they're surrounded by explosive gas tanks. I can't imagine that team winning very often :) (Bear in mind I'm basing these observations on the video alone, so could be talking crap)

(Not many people seem to read job descriptions either, so it could be that some people play 3 rounds and still don't have clue what they're meant to have been doing :))

The intention is that the team in the compund primarily plays defence, but they do have sniper rifles and the ability to climb up in the middle to take down a pilot ot two, or at least any incoming hauled tanker. The killing of the team on the ground is not that easy, but i might need to nerf the explosives placed in the compound.

Would love to see a 16 player lobby dropping containers down the compund.

I unforunately think you are right as far as reading the description. 

(Maybe a RPG would level the field.)

Edited by Lann3
  • Like 1

I didn't notice the tower in the middle (I blame the sun shining on my phone screen), that will even it a bit. Having thought about it, you don't want the cargobobs exploded before they've even took off, otherwise it's not even going to play as intended. Maybe losing the explosives in the compound will be all it needs.....

Looks interesting enough.

How easy would it be to avoid falling containers if you stay at the top of the tower? 

I'll get this added for screwball.

Looks interesting enough.

How easy would it be to avoid falling containers if you stay at the top of the tower? 

I'll get this added for screwball.

I guess it would be the best spot to avoid detonating stickies on the containers that has already landed. But any container landing on the tower, or stickies exploding nearby could be lethal. The tower is also in greater danger of being hit by blades or hauled stuff from low flying cargobobs.

If it turns out to be the safe spot to hide out at, i will place the sniper rifles at the outer perimiter of the compund, to get ppl moving.

Edited by Lann3

Thanks to all that tested this with me today!

I have done these changes:

Removed the tower. (Found another way to get the kills in the creator test phase.)

Added a variety of weapons in the center of the compund to defend the lower airspace; Assault Shotguns, Carbine rifles, Sticky bombs, Sniper rifles, Combat MG.

Added explosive tanks at the outer parts of the compound, none in the middle.

2_0.jpg

• Like 1

I would consider getting rid of the other weapons. They will most likely be far too powerful. I think a standard sniper rifle, a few sticky bombs and pistols would be good. The sticky bombs and pistols are to stop helicopters trying to cut people up or to take people out who try to jump in.

The standard sniper rifle will give you the long range shots to try and take down the helicopters. With multiple people doing it, the chopper team has to work hard to win so with all those extra weapons it will be near impossible to take them out.

How did you manage to get the kills without the tower?

scottyb1988.jpg

I would consider getting rid of the other weapons. They will most likely be far too powerful. I think a standard sniper rifle, a few sticky bombs and pistols would be good. The sticky bombs and pistols are to stop helicopters trying to cut people up or to take people out who try to jump in.

The standard sniper rifle will give you the long range shots to try and take down the helicopters. With multiple people doing it, the chopper team has to work hard to win so with all those extra weapons it will be near impossible to take them out.

How did you manage to get the kills without the tower?

Yea. Maybe I got a bit carried away with the guns. Reduced it to Combat pistols, Sniper rifles and Sticky bombs in the compound.

I placed the starting points close to a explosive tank outside of the compound and threw a sticky :)

Edited by Lann3
Reduced weapons in compound.
  • Like 1

This was pretty cool and a great concept. As long as everyone plays it like intended and not be asses and take advantage of a few exploits the could happen.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I thought it was a lot of fun. On helicopter team I managed to drop 2 sticky bomb covered containers on the ground team and was attempting a tanker but they are much more difficult to lift. I think I got 1 kill.

On ground team I was pretty ineffective. How hard is it to take down a Cargobob with a sniper rifle?

• Like 1

Hmm heavy sniper rifle will take down a chopper pretty fast if a few on the ground goes for the same one. Maybe to prefer. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...

2 rounds IMO is decent, even in 16 job pl's it seemed to work ok.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: