car grab- need help

nicolabellamy77

my thoughts so far, are obstacles on the runway, moving one starting point closer in and some prop's for cover around the capture cars

nicolabellamy77.png

my capture was featured in the funky friday playlist which i really appreciate but its a terrible job lol i am looking for some advice and thoughts on what i can do to make it better

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/KB4KDDvg2kq_ymmSpPmiTw

I have bookmarked it and will play it when I get a chance. I love captures but it's a shame that so many people dislike them for some reason. It can be a combination of a deathmatch, racing and needs you to work as a team to win!

They can be very hard to make balanced, especially if it is complicated. IMO, if people aren't clear on what to do the first time around, things need to change to make it easier to understand and play. After all, if they have a bad first experience, no one will want to bookmark it or play it again.

When making posting any jobs on the site, it's good to leave a detailed description on what the objective is and what it's about. Try to sell it a little. It's even more important for captures since there can be a lot involved. The playlist hosts have a lot to choose from and usually want specific jobs types for the playlist so it makes it a lot easier to be able to read a description or see a map of the track.

As for the feedback, without even playing it I don't think owned weapons are a good idea. Firstly, and and all explosives make it too easy to destroy the opposition. A homing launcher will take down the car fairly easy and you can lay traps with sticky bombs or proximity mines. Being killed too much without delivering any cars isn't fun for anyone and people will quickly become frustrated.

I'll leave some better feedback after I play it if you want it :)

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

yea no worries thanks i will keep it as a work in progress atm and hopefully i can create something fun and challenging :) and i appreciate your help :)

• Like 1

nicolabellamy77.png

I liked it, it was just over very quickly as our side won it very easily. I think the simple reason for that is our base was a little bit closer to the capture vehicles. So as you say moving the other base closer (or that one further away) will fix that. It's a pity that the creator does not tell us he distances between capture items and start points / bases. I did notice your description said to use owned and pickups whereas we had forced and pickups. That I'm sure would have made a difference as well, i.e. if the other team had heavy weapons to use to destroy us when we got into the capture cars. But most captures we play are, in my experience, always forced and pickups.

Now bearing mind I have never made a capture, there's a couple of things occur me as I type this. Make the capture vehicles harder to get to and get back. Rather than all lined up in open space put some props around them, spread them out a bit, maybe a couple of them inside hangars? It could be set up for forced and pickups but have a couple of heavier weapons available, maybe not rockets (I personally don't like them), but sniper rifles, heavy machine guns, sticky bombs. Have these away from the bases, so that at the start you have a choice of going straight for the cars or going for better weapons.

• Like 1

just updated it, moved one team starting position back, changed weapons to forced and pick ups with 2 weapons area's on the map, added props around the cars to make it more difficult

hopefully its better now

nicolabellamy77.png

• 2 weeks later...

It was harder after you made the changes which is good. The fences in the way were a good idea

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

We played this last night in Funky Fridays. The changes worked :)

It was harder after you made the changes which is good. The fences in the way were a good idea

cool glad it worked :) 

nicolabellamy77.png