Squirrel

This is based on one of my favourite rockstar captures. Now improved to hold 30 players and taking advantage of the newly opened airports!

Take the Besra's to the opposing teams hanger to win. Each team has plenty of airpower at their disposal to defend with.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/squirrelarmy/games/gtav/jobs/job/RBI2-6r76ki0fhg2B8taJA?platformId=11

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work with the current settings.  You re-spawn on the ground near where you died and if that happens to be in the air (and not near either base) you are stuck on an empty street without any way to get back to the action.  Traffic definitely needs to be turned on and I would say having people re-spawn in some sort of vehicle would be the right move.  I honestly don't know if some of the re-spawn issues are related to R*, but there were instances of dying at the enemy base and re-spawning at my base, but normally if I died at the enemy base, I would re-spawn there in the midst of gunfire.  I'm not sure honestly, I think it could work if the settings are adjusted and spawn points/vehicles are changed.  Maybe do away with the Jets--they seem to be a little overpowered--especially if you're going to re-spawn where you died.

Also, two rounds default seems to be a bit much.  I'm not sure if it were actually default--that's what it was set to in a PL, so if I'm wrong, my apologies.  Definitely only one round is needed though, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Should only be one round, captures are having respawn issues as well at the moment. Limegreens had a similar issue the other night as well. With the original rockstar capture I believe that you respawn on foot. I tried to keep things as similar as possible but just with increased capacity.

Should only be one round, captures are having respawn issues as well at the moment. Limegreens had a similar issue the other night as well. With the original rockstar capture I believe that you respawn on foot. I tried to keep things as similar as possible but just with increased capacity.

It might just be me, but I don't see much reason in creating a job that's exactly like a R* one for the sake of holding more people. As is, captures are already an unpopular game mode. Pushing it to 30 seems to me like a very unrealistic goal.

This capture is obviously not without it's flaws. Some of which have already been mentioned. Instead of making a direct port of theirs, it'd be better to take that idea and improve upon it in every possible way.

1. Improve aircraft

- Deliver a Besra

- Balance offense/defense (could it possibly be Buzzards vs Besras? Are speeds comparable for balance?)

2. Respawn

- Adjust type/try to give a definitive location

- Address how one respawns (on foot, in the air and what can assist them in their travels/how to get back into the action)

3. Capture Point

- Are hangars the best options?

- What about a stretch of runway with a wide point?

- Is preventing hangar pileups/jams worthwhile?

4. Descrptions

- It needs a better one/effort

- No directions in the lobby screen (not everyone is familiar with Airheads - keep it brief)

- No real guidance in game either (keep it simple)

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

My main reason for recreating it was because rockstars version only has a capacity for 8 people, no good for our playlists.

Definitely can improve on the job though. Lazers vs Besras does work, although I could change the lazers for Hydras. The respawn issue I am going to look at but I'm 99% sure I had both respawn zones set to the home bases. The aim is to deliver a Besra, I possibly need to reword the job description to make this more clear.

I don't want to respawn in combat aircraft, Hatch's Beaches of Destruction tends to turn into a airborne deathmatch and with fixed respawn areas it's easy to spawn trap people. The idea is to respawn at your base so you can either stay back and defend or choose to take either a combat aircraft to hunt the opposing teams Besra or take a Besra yourself.

I'll turn traffic on to assist players if they end up far from their home base

Was there an issue with Hanger pile ups? When I played it last week I delivered my second aircraft and the 1st one had already vanished from the hanger.

Weaponry I matched to R*'s original but I'm open to discussion for improvements there.

Hydras IMO wouldn't be the correct choice. They have a FAR greater top speed than the Besra. Considering the Lazer is faster than the Besra already, this would really give an unfair advantage to the offense. Not to mention explosive rounds. I'm all for a challenge but I'm also for things being balanced.

Respawning at your base regardless has potential for spawn trapping, which is what your goal is, as you mentioned (base spawning). Part of the problem with Beaches of Destruction is the short distances involved in comparison to the range of lock on. That's not really an issue with LSIA vs Fort Zancudo. It's at least a 30 second trip at speed. In that regard spawn trapping shouldn't be a real issue here. And if it did, respawning in some kind of combat aircraft is a direct counter to that. Imagine if you're respawning at one base, as you intended, while one Lazer/Buzzard/Savage/whatever is patrolling around .. you respawn on foot. IMO that could very well be a problem. Your best offense at that point is not your ability to run to a vehicle, get in and take to the air because that other pilot will wipe it out. At that point you have your Combat MG. Considering all it really takes is one decent pilot of anything to destroy your entire offensive line .. then not only are you left without any real means of attack .. you've got almost zero transportation and you're literally target practice for the other team as you attempt to deliver anything. 

If you're still opposed to the idea of respawning in combat air craft, perhaps something like a regular Buzzard .. or Besra or something for non-offensive flight just to keep the pacing going. Just some food for thought.

It depends. Chances are good if everyone is on the offensive it should despawn. That wasn't the case tonight though as it was quite simple to wait inside your own base in enemy territory as people delivered Besras. They piled up. In both rounds.

As for the weaponry .. I think it's fine.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

How many players were there? It seems that you had a lot more players than when I tested it.

I can try respawning in Lazers, that way a player won't be able to hover around the enemy base looking for easy kills. 

I'll adjust the capture zones to be in front of the hangers and increase the size of them too

When we played my main issue was the spawn points, I kept spawning on the enemy base with ninja gunning me down every time I tried to leave, then I just spawned outside the base and that was it for me. It was worse for Lime, he died in the city at start and didn't play for the rest of it so the spawns are the main issue for me

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I think we had like 12? 14? Can't remember.