ScottyB

http://rsg.ms/9554ad4

DESCRIPTION

Since the introduction of military grade vehicles, Los Santos as you know it is gone forever. Up to 4 teams compete for the last over powered weapons to wipe out the enemy and claim this dry barren land their own.

Set in Blaine County in an under used area (near the small sand dunes between the scrap yard and the tool shop).

There are a lot of heavy weapons. You start with an advanced rifle, and can pick up combat mgs, heavy snipers, auto shotguns, grenades and 1 RPG in the middle.

To add to the excitement, each team starts with 3 insurgent pickups. This could work out great, or go horribly wrong :P There are also some technicals hidden around some buildings in the area.

Feed back will be needed as i havent played it with anyone yet. The spawn points may be a problem depending how they work and especially with a bigger lobby which is why it needs to be tested.

Also, despite the picture, there is no helicopters in it :)

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

As with any job, some will like it, some won't.

I liked this one.

Starting off with insurgents is unique, pretty cool, and fun.

Any job that has snipers will lead to some complaining, like when we ran this tonight/today.

Advanced ARs, Combat MGs, and RPGs are good counters for those trying to take the snipers out. 1 more RPG spawn might be good.

By comparison, that job we ran on that boat with the snipers was terribly unbalanced weapons wise. We had SMGs to counter snipers on that map.

Add this with All Out War, set the time limit to 20 min or more, and we could have some nice battles with a bigger lobby....maybe 1 day we do a Crew War theme and everyone can get some.

• Like 1

As with any job, some will like it, some won't.

Any job that has snipers will lead to some complaining, like when we ran this tonight/today.

If I'm being sniped within 3 seconds of spawning on an open desert then I'm gonna complain and so will anyone else... Talk about cheap kills! (especially when you made the map and you know where the spawn points are, but yet you're still running away to snipe).

I personally disliked it.

Here's why:

Open and vulnerable spawn points + snipers camping 25 miles away. Yes, you say the RPG's are there to take out the snipers, but how does that work when the RPG's aren't near the spawn points and I have to cover a large distance to collect the RPG and then more distance to kill the sniper? It's not possible on an open desert.

Sand, this means I can't exactly run from being sniped just as I spawn, so now I'm jogging trying to avoid sniper rounds.

The sandbags, they may suit the area, but offer almost no cover at all.

Overall I only dislike snipers when people include them in their own maps to use to their own advantage (regular these days), knowing there's miles of open land all around and just running away to snipe the spawn points is really annoying, I've enjoyed plenty of maps that don't favour the sniper as much as this one does.

I'd also try to make more use of the vehicles, the fact that there's advanced rifles all around means the Insurgents are immediately discarded because it's too easy to kill the Insurgent.

Minimum of 4 players seems wrong, I can't see it working and it will be wrongly included in small PL's when it should be probably 12 minimum, or else it's not really a war type TDM.

Edited by DavidCore89

I enjoyed this map.

It was a lot of fun starting with the Insurgents.  At one point, Ern hit a sand dune so hard, the Insurgent flipped and I fell out.  One of the wheels to the vehicle ended up on my face and pinning me to the ground until I died.  :lol:

After that, I stayed on the ground and didn't use any other vehicles.  I had no luck with the RPGs, so I stuck with the advanced rifles.  I'd like to play this again with a larger lobby sometime.

• Like 1

Overall, I think this is a better version of Border War.

I like the addition of the Insurgent, it's a nice touch.

Few things I would suggest though. Like what DC mentioned this is basically a giant "no man's land" map. There's not a lot of cover which can make it alright for an RPG because you can't see everything. Any Sniper rifle will obviously ignore that fact and I was subject to some spawn killing of it.

I think you can combat this in a number of ways but I might suggest more cover, maybe a combination of props from the containers/wreckage/barriers/construction categories. Nothing tacky though like a random fence in the middle of a sand dune. By providing more cover you're balancing out the map's terrain with your weapon selection. It will also help with the Insurgent's seemingly unrestricted mobility throughout the map.

I think you can ultimately have a much improved Border War with your own personal flare attached to it but it will require a bit more thought regarding weapon choice vs terrain vs prop usage vs spawn locations.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

If I'm being sniped within 3 seconds of spawning on an open desert then I'm gonna complain and so will anyone else... Talk about cheap kills! (especially when you made the map and you know where the spawn points are, but yet you're still running away to snipe).

I personally disliked it.

Here's why:

Open and vulnerable spawn points + snipers camping 25 miles away. Yes, you say the RPG's are there to take out the snipers, but how does that work when the RPG's aren't near the spawn points and I have to cover a large distance to collect the RPG and then more distance to kill the sniper? It's not possible on an open desert.

Sand, this means I can't exactly run from being sniped just as I spawn, so now I'm jogging trying to avoid sniper rounds.

The sandbags, they may suit the area, but offer almost no cover at all.

Overall I only dislike snipers when people include them in their own maps to use to their own advantage (regular these days), knowing there's miles of open land all around and just running away to snipe the spawn points is really annoying, I've enjoyed plenty of maps that don't favour the sniper as much as this one does.

I'd also try to make more use of the vehicles, the fact that there's advanced rifles all around means the Insurgents are immediately discarded because it's too easy to kill the Insurgent.

Minimum of 4 players seems wrong, I can't see it working and it will be wrongly included in small PL's when it should be probably 12 minimum, or else it's not really a war type TDM.

That's a pretty low call to say that I'm getting cheap kills and trying to rig the map to my own advantage.. In that match I would have been lucky to spend 2.5mins sniping. That of which I never actually ran away to snipe, I spawned near one and used it. Everyone had the same opportunity to access and move to where they wanted with a sniper. Just because you don't like to snipe, doesn't mean people who do are cheating, it's a different playing style.

On the concrete DM, you and your team where camping on the roof for most of the match. Not really fair is it? And for Gs new deathmatch, I don't know the area at all but I'm not going to say G placed snipers or other weapons to gain an advantage..

There are 4 bases, each with snipers placed there with access to the top of the building. I never once went on a building. When I was sniping, I was taken out extremely quickly due the long range of the advanced rifle.

As for the spawn points, even if I could remember exactly where all 60 are, how am I meant to predict where you will spawn and be ready to take you out? Really..? I never once saw any one spawn in and it was pure coincidence that you were taken out so quickly.

Thanks for the other real feed back though. I did have concerns about the spawn points as they are a little open. I intend to add more cover and move some spawn points around so they aren't as vulnerable. Not sure exactly how I'll do this though but I'll work out something.

I think I have 6 or so snipers, if I do I might take them down to 4 ( one at each base) and possibly change them to a standard sniper so it takes at least 2 shots to get a kill.

The advanced rifles are extremely powerful and this is the first DM I have used them in. Its kind of the point, but it's not playing out how I intended so I may lower them to a carbine. I would like the insurgents to be of more use but they are pretty easy to be shot out of regardless.

I do think I will add another rocket launcher to balance it out. There is only one in the centre of all 4 teams.

I know the map needs at very least 8 to play out properly (it did work ok with a smaller lobby, the spawn points worked well and it Kept you close enough to the action) but I have always kept them at minimum 4 purely because if I ever want to play, getting anymore then 6 or even 8 is a tall order which would mean it wouldn't ever get to be played.

Thanks for all the feedback though guys, it was kind of an experiment, especially with all the powerful weapons and I know that style of terrain isn't to everybodys liking, but I always try to be different and unique so it stands out (hopefully for good reasons :P)

scottyb1988.jpg

Ok I have updated this one and hopefully it plays better.

You now start with a combat mg and can pick up carbine rifles. There are also grenade and 2 rpg pickups. The sniper rifles have been downgraded to standard snipers and here is only 4, one at each base.

I have added a lot more cover, and used some bigger props which should help stop any potential spawn killing and protection from snipers and make it easier to move around without being exposed for too long.

The spawn points have been moved around a bit and kept to the outside. This is based on the assumption that you will want to be closer to the centre, but I'll have to see how that plays out.

i have also changed the minimum players to 6. It will still play ok with that amount, but the more the better.

Let me know what you guys think of the changes :)

scottyb1988.jpg

That's a pretty low call to say that I'm getting cheap kills and trying to rig the map to my own advantage.. In that match I would have been lucky to spend 2.5mins sniping. That of which I never actually ran away to snipe, I spawned near one and used it. Everyone had the same opportunity to access and move to where they wanted with a sniper. Just because you don't like to snipe, doesn't mean people who do are cheating, it's a different playing style.

On the concrete DM, you and your team where camping on the roof for most of the match. Not really fair is it? And for Gs new deathmatch, I don't know the area at all but I'm not going to say G placed snipers or other weapons to gain an advantage..

There are 4 bases, each with snipers placed there with access to the top of the building. I never once went on a building. When I was sniping, I was taken out extremely quickly due the long range of the advanced rifle.

As for the spawn points, even if I could remember exactly where all 60 are, how am I meant to predict where you will spawn and be ready to take you out? Really..? I never once saw any one spawn in and it was pure coincidence that you were taken out so quickly.

Thanks for the other real feed back though. I did have concerns about the spawn points as they are a little open. I intend to add more cover and move some spawn points around so they aren't as vulnerable. Not sure exactly how I'll do this though but I'll work out something.

I think I have 6 or so snipers, if I do I might take them down to 4 ( one at each base) and possibly change them to a standard sniper so it takes at least 2 shots to get a kill.

The advanced rifles are extremely powerful and this is the first DM I have used them in. Its kind of the point, but it's not playing out how I intended so I may lower them to a carbine. I would like the insurgents to be of more use but they are pretty easy to be shot out of regardless.

I do think I will add another rocket launcher to balance it out. There is only one in the centre of all 4 teams.

I know the map needs at very least 8 to play out properly (it did work ok with a smaller lobby, the spawn points worked well and it Kept you close enough to the action) but I have always kept them at minimum 4 purely because if I ever want to play, getting anymore then 6 or even 8 is a tall order which would mean it wouldn't ever get to be played.

Thanks for all the feedback though guys, it was kind of an experiment, especially with all the powerful weapons and I know that style of terrain isn't to everybodys liking, but I always try to be different and unique so it stands out (hopefully for good reasons :P)

It's not a low call at all, it's the truth... I didn't say anything about cheating so what the fuck are you talking about?

As for a Concrete DM - I have no idea what you're talking about now, I haven't played it with teams for a while. Anytime I spawn on the roof is followed by me getting straight off.

You want real feedback... I posted it above, up to you if you wanna disregard my advice, I tried to offer unbiased advice to help the map play better, I wasn't trying to trash your creation. It's fine though, I don't wanna play it again, you can make important changes when one of your buddies points them out to you.

This is why feedback is lacking in this crew, too many people get hurt over it and just cannot accept any advice.

So what did you mean when you said this;

"If I'm being sniped within 3 seconds of spawning on an open desert then I'm gonna complain and so will anyone else... Talk about cheap kills! (especially when you made the map and you know where the spawn points are, but yet you're still running away to snipe)."?

Cheating was a poor choice of word, but your accusing me of playing cheap and using the map to my advantage to beat you. The map is balanced in regards to weapons placement. Everyone can see the sniper on the map and can go use it. You don't like sniping and that's fine but for people who use it don't call it cheap kills..

And for the record, when i said thanks for the actual feedback, I was referring to your feedback, not my "buddies". You provided good feedback which I already had some concerns about, and you and others have confirmed that for me.

What I am pissed off about is you saying I'm trying to get cheap kills by using the map to my advantage. Not cool..

Your a commissioner and you should be setting an example for the crew, not throwing out accusations like this against other crew members.

scottyb1988.jpg

So what did you mean when you said this;

"If I'm being sniped within 3 seconds of spawning on an open desert then I'm gonna complain and so will anyone else... Talk about cheap kills! (especially when you made the map and you know where the spawn points are, but yet you're still running away to snipe)."?

Cheating was a poor choice of word, but your accusing me of playing cheap and using the map to my advantage to beat you. The map is balanced in regards to weapons placement. Everyone can see the sniper on the map and can go use it. You don't like sniping and that's fine but for people who use it don't call it cheap kills..

And for the record, when i said thanks for the actual feedback, I was referring to your feedback, not my "buddies". You provided good feedback which I already had some concerns about, and you and others have confirmed that for me.

What I am pissed off about is you saying I'm trying to get cheap kills by using the map to my advantage. Not cool..

Your a commissioner and you should be setting an example for the crew, not throwing out accusations like this against other crew members.

Look I don't care about rank, I don't even want to be commish anymore... How about that?

Now I can say what I really want... Yeah I said you're getting cheap kills, but it wasn't just you. Obviously sniping was an easy way to get kills, it had it's advantages over other forms of attack, but a big reason for that was due to us spawning within range of the sniper. This is what happened, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how I came to that conclusion.

I understand the sniper is there for all to use and that's great, I have no issue with the weapon itself, but if everyone just decides to snipe because all other options of attack are futile, then what do you have here?... My issue was with the open nature of the map... Players are extremely vulnerable to being spawn killed, how can you not notice that?

Edited by DavidCore89

Look I don't care about rank, I don't even want to be commish anymore... How about that?

Now I can say what I really want... Yeah I said you're getting cheap kills, but it wasn't just you. Obviously sniping was an easy way to get kills, it had it's advantages over other forms of attack, but a big reason for that was due to us spawning within range of the sniper. This is what happened, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how I came to that conclusion.

I understand the sniper is there for all to use and that's great, I have no issue with the weapon itself, but if everyone just decides to snipe because all other options of attack are futile, then what do you have here?... My issue was with the open nature of the map... Players are extremely vulnerable to being spawn killed, how can you not notice that?

I thought that with the sand dunes and props I provided would be enough to protect people from being spawn killed, obviously not though which is what I needed to know. Like I said before, I was never once spawn killed and I never saw any enemy spawn in so any kind of the spawn killing was a coincidence.

I do appreciate your constructive feed back and I agree with it all. I just don't know why you felt the need to say I'm trying to get cheap kills when it's obviously not the case.

I don't know what issues you're having with the crew to make you want to step down, but I hope you can resolve it and that we can also put this behind us as I still think your a cool guy and I enjoy gaming with you.

scottyb1988.jpg

• 4 months later...

This played 10x better than last time.

What changes were made, just changed heavy sniper to regular?

Lots of changes were made.

I had to move a lot of spawn points since they didn't work as intended the first time.

I added a lot more cover, and bigger ones so that you could be fully protected both when you spawn and to move about

I change the advanced rifle to carbine and heavy sniper to a normal one.

I think this was the first time I have played it since the changes and it played out really well. I'm surprised people still used the insurgents because you usually get taken out pretty quick but people in them got a few good kills. It was quite chaotic in a good way which is how I intended it to play out.

scottyb1988.jpg

Cool, it's a lot better now.

I used the Insurgent for a while, got a few kills too, but a player with a rifle was easily able to kill me which is quite balanced.

I'd love to play it with 20+ players, that'd be awesome.

I think 6 minimum is too low though, it'd be a shame if someone wrongfully used it in an 8 player PL.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 27/03/2015 at 10:57 PM, DavidCore89 said:

This is why feedback is lacking in this crew, too many people get hurt over it and just cannot accept any advice.

LOL, take your own advice DC. You change your opinion as much as you do your underwear to suit whoever you're trying to stir up at the time.

On 25/03/2015 at 6:20 AM, DavidCore89 said:

A quote from you in another thread, "Every track has creators advantage, to think otherwise would be very foolish." 

I'm truly lost as to how anyone has any respect for you anymore. You used to be a decent guy but ever since you stepped down for CO and quit the crew (2 times) you've just been stirring shit with everyone. Rage quitting poorly made races or jobs and then complaining about it in the shoutbox because you start to lose, being petty and deleting lots of people off your friends list because "no one plays with me so why should I be their friend", Being passive aggressive in a lot of shout box posts and in threads.

I'll give you that, you're clever in the way that you avoid calling people out directly and try to avoid leaving a trail but that just screams a petty little internet troll, own up to what you say and what you're doing. People aren't as stupid and naive as you think and you've admitted it many times before that you love to start shit and sit back and watch it unfold. 

Hell, you've even sent someone a PM telling them to go and "drown baby kittens"!! What kind of sick and twisted person would say that to another person who was meant to be a close friend!!

The sooner everyone realises what a joke you are DC, the better. IMO, you should have never been let back in the crew (the second time) since all you ever did was cause shit, but because you helped establish the crew, you get a free pass on a lot of things.

scottyb1988.jpg

Just now, ScottyB said:

LOL, take your own advice DC. You change your opinion as much as you do your underwear to suit whoever you're trying to stir up at the time.

A quote from you in another thread, "Every track has creators advantage, to think otherwise would be very foolish." 

I'm truly lost as to how anyone has any respect for you anymore. You used to be a decent guy but ever since you stepped down for CO and quit the crew (2 times) you've just been stirring shit with everyone. Rage quitting poorly made races or jobs and then complaining about it in the shoutbox because you start to lose, being petty and deleting lots of people off your friends list because "no one plays with me so why should I be their friend", Being passive aggressive in a lot of shout box posts and in threads.

I'll give you that, you're clever in the way that you avoid calling people out directly and try to avoid leaving a trail but that just screams a petty little internet troll, own up to what you say and what you're doing. People aren't as stupid and naive as you think and you've admitted it many times before that you love to start shit and sit back and watch it unfold. 

Hell, you've even sent someone a PM telling them to go and "drown baby kittens"!! What kind of sick and twisted person would say that to another person who was meant to be a close friend!!

The sooner everyone realises what a joke you are DC, the better. IMO, you should have never been let back in the crew (the second time) since all you ever did was cause shit, but because you helped establish the crew, you get a free pass on a lot of things.

OK, let me clear this up.

1 - I don't care if any of you guys have respect for me, I have the respect of my family and that's all I care about.

2 - Yes I quit the crew 2 times, 10/10 for observation. I've been here long enough to see when things start to change, it makes me fall outta love with the crew, but i always come back.

3 - I delete anyone who I don't game with outside of PL's, don't care who you are, but I don't need people clogging up my list.

4 - I saw this developing a while ago. So I was 1 step ahead.

5 - You started the shit with me.

• Like 1