The Road Warrior

Squirrel

Society has broken down, the world as we know it ended, probably caused by some celebrity breaking the internet. The survivors of the broken world group together.

Fuel equals life.

A group has a tanker filled to the brim but it is firmly secured behind some high walls.

You need to get that fuel before the opposing group to ensure survival for your people.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/squirrelarmy/games/gtav/jobs/job/GgYjDQB5WkmcG_tnz3I8XA?platformId=11

The recreation of the refinery outpost is outstanding!

Cannot wait to play it.

• Like 1

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

After tonights playlist I think I need to tone down the NPC's

Going to arm them with pistols only so they're not quite so lethal. I'm also going to widen the gates so they don't get blocked by trucks. 

• Like 1

After tonights playlist I think I need to tone down the NPC's

Going to arm them with pistols only so they're not quite so lethal. I'm also going to widen the gates so they don't get blocked by trucks. 

Let me know if you ever need to test this.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

All the survivors on foot have now had their weapons reduced to pistols. Couldn't change the opening sizes due to model memory issues but I think with the less powerful NPC's it should be a lot easier

Really enjoyed this, love the fact that it's almost possible to get the trailer back

Would like this post if i could....def agree with PB.

NPCs are a pain in the ass but it works well considering the objective.

I think it's more that possible with the right team. You just need to make sure the person going for the trailer is well defended from both NPC's and the other team.

Who says a capture is supposed to be easy!

I got within sight of our base with the tanker, only to be destroyed by someone waiting in a technical. I hope if there's an apocalypse in real life it's this much fun.

• Like 1

I personally dislike the use of explosive trailers, it ends up way more frustrating then fun, but each to their own.

I think there are way to many npcs. While they don't do much damage, (low accuracy and pistol?) they are a major distraction when it is already a very hard capture.

I ended up spawning at the other teams base and just before they delivered the trailer, I shot the grenade launcher at them and blew it up.

One hit from the sniper rifle will destroy the trailer too.

I think the spawn points need to be set further away from your own base so it's a punishment when you die and it gives the other team half a chance of getting it to their base.

I think there you should remove the sniper and grenade launcher, and only have the assault rifle as a pickup and start with a micro smg with some pick ups so that you can shoot from the vehicle.

With all that said, we ended up getting the trailer back, so it is possible, but I think it would be more fun if you were able to have a bit more of a chance.

scottyb1988.jpg

Well done for being the 1st team to complete the capture.

I didn't want it to be easy, I was trying to create something that needed a lot of teamwork to accomplish. We have a wide variety of captures on here so I think it's good to have some that test our members skill levels.

I actually forgot about the grenade launchers, will remove them, would a normal sniper instead of the heavy be less damaging to the tanker? 

• Like 1

Well done for being the 1st team to complete the capture.

I didn't want it to be easy, I was trying to create something that needed a lot of teamwork to accomplish. We have a wide variety of captures on here so I think it's good to have some that test our members skill levels.

I actually forgot about the grenade launchers, will remove them, would a normal sniper instead of the heavy be less damaging to the tanker?

I'm pretty sure the standard rifle still will destroy it, maybe with only 2 shots? If you get one person in a vantage spot then they can destroy it pretty easily, whether people do it or not is a different thing but yeah.

It's a good idea, but it is a fine line between being too frustrating and impossible to play to being fun, it just depends on who is playing it.

scottyb1988.jpg

• 1 month later...

Played this with a small group and found the NPC's to be too overpowering even when both sides worked together to get to the tanker. Neither team was able to approach the enemy base and eventually began to be spawn killed as the NPC's grew closer and closer.

I was disappointed that we were not able to see the base because of this.

I would recommend a long range rifle or sniper pickup for each team to counter the NPC's and keep the balance of power in check.

It would be better if you could add a delay to the respawn time for the actors. If I reduce the amount of times they respawn would it be too easy to get the tanker out?

• 4 weeks later...

I know how to fix this! It came to me in a dream after watching Beyond the Thunderdome.

I'm going to move 6 actors away from the refinery and place them at the teams bases. These actors will help the teams defend from sneaky guys lurking near the capture points as well as reducing the amount of firepower in the centre. 

This will be making a reappearance soon!

• Like 1