FarmKill

Mode: Team Deathmatch and Normal Deathmatch

Forced: Sawed-Off Shotgun

Pick-ups: Sawed-Off Shotguns and Molotovs

s4W4IvJ.png

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Included this in my PL last night.

Your maps may be few but they're pretty much shoe ins for the "well done" and "great build" category. This one wasn't really an exception.

Ran this with 16 people under the DM guise. Unfortunately for whatever reason shotguns are a little laggy in actual play (it's okay, still my favorite weapon). It's a wide open area that you took some definite care in constructing appropriately placed cover (most importantly that BELONGS). Little details like that are nice. At full capacity it felt .. a little full, bulging at the seams just a tad. Not a big issue really as I ran it for 5 minutes. I'd imagine as a TDM it'd real just right but honestly love either mode for this map. What's better, at least from the PS4 perspective is that T/DMs now function as they should .. your blip isn't under constant reveal anymore and is only made apparent by noise. I do think "line of sight" is back now though.

IMO this is "building something out of nothing", the right way.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Sorry Banks, but I disagree with G.

I think the shotty isn't up to a well balanced DM on a map with such large shooting lines. IMO this screams Micro SMG (low fire power/decent range for the map).

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'd agree with that Hatch, however, this to me is by definition a "run and gun" map.

It's a large area for sure, but 16 players = 32 respawns minimum. I think the space is utilized nicely because while there is minimal cover (not overly large/long objects), there's quite a bit of it. For me it blends nicely with a short range weapon. I had to move a lot to get kills and if I had a longer range weapon, IMO, he'd need to probably re-think his prop placement/usage because there'd definitely be spawn attacking/killing.

Again, I'm talking about this in the mindset of it being run as a free for all DM. Your spawn points are arguably more important here so weapon type is crucial. Even if we ran this as a T/DM I think it'd work equally as well (even if it felt a little full at 16) because I'm sure he intended for people to move strategically and to make ample use of the placed cover. To me it'd be pretty exciting and daunting to see a wave of enemies coming and the only real way to battle it is to .. well be in a better position yourself (would suck to just kill them from afar).

Now could he compromise and maybe add a Micro here and there? Absolutely.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I really only had one weapon in mind when I was making this map and that was the Sawed-Off Shotgun. I just think it suits the style of the map, and even more importantly, the style of play. Don't have much else to add as G has already explained the reasons why much better than I ever could. 

While I think the Micro SMG would be the shotgun pretty superior on a open map like this, maybe a couple of them placed in some tough-to-reach spots would work out quite nicely. Will just see if I can get to try it out as it is now before making any changes. Hopefully with a good sized lobby.

Thanks for the feedback. It's greatly appreciated! Especially on DMs as they can be so damn tricky to figure out and make properly. 

Off-topic: Very good to hear that the blip situation is finally fixed. From what I have seen on different streams, the mini-map looked absolutely ridiculous with blips showing all over the place. Must have been a pain in the ass trying to flank the opponent. 

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Massive map, I think there was 12 or 13 of us (?) last night and eventhough it was a DM, I had more than enough time to breathe, look around and start moving after re-spawning. I hadn't respawned in any danger of being shot at, not even once.

And eventhough I hate sawed-off shotgun (think it's also a weapon most affected by lag, even a small one), I can appreciate it being the weapon of choice.

I can see how great DM players would really love this map. Rest of us, who usually struggle with a shotgun, would probably prefer a different weapon, but that's mostly because of our skill (lack of) I guess.

If I could have a wish granted, I'd place a pump shotgun in the middle for us less skilled. :D (Grabbing that it is the first thing I do on Shotgun divorce for exampe, even risking getting killed for it :lol:)

It's a very well made map Banks! Well done.

• Like 1

Thanks, Z!

Must say I really enjoyed playing this one the other night. It worked even better than I had hoped for. 

I heard someone on the chat mention that it was a bit weird with shotguns on such an open map. And that's right, it's not the close-quarters setting that we are so used to see the shotgun in. And I like that. And more importantly, it works. Despite an almost full lobby, I didn't see or experience a single spawn-killing, there was plenty of opportunity to move around, shutting enemies down without been killed from cover a 100 miles away. Any weapon with a higher shooting range and I'm sure it would turn into a massive spawnfest. I know most dislike the shotgun. That's was that is.

Not sure the Micro-SMG will find its way in there. Maybe the Pump Action Shotgun will. 

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

I liked this, and I don't usually like shotgun-only DMs. That's probaly because it was such open map. I especially liked the option to use one the trucks or tractors as a weapon instead. Not that I was any more succesful with them, but it was fun trying.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Another one that needed the props and capacity of the PS4 to be really good. So it has now been updated to 30 players and all trucks have been removed since they were only just there to function as cover. Due to the increasing numbers it's now set to TDM and can be run with up to 4 teams. If played as a normal deathmatch, I recommend that the lobby is no more than 20 man strong.

Again, can someone with mod powers please move this to PS4 TDMs. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1