Do You Even Lift Bro?

no_snacks

Do You Even Lift Bro? 

Updated 24th March 2017

63a2J9n.jpg

H2sLmDP.jpg

Gritty street circuit for up to 30 cars & is set in the industrial district of Cypress Flats.

There is a high speed chicane towards the end of the lap that has been nick-named "The Butt Clencher" as you'll probably feel your sphincter muscle contract a little bit when you take it flat-out for the first time.  :lol:

"Do You Even Lift Bro?" relates to whether you take The Butt Clencher flat out, or lift off the gas like a wimp.

• Updated with new stunt props.
  • Road surface is mostly unchanged except for 2 or 3 spots.
  • Pit lane added.  Entrance is on the right hand side of the 2nd last corner.  See video below for demo.
  • To make use of the pit lane, GTA is now the default race mode.
  • Pedestrians have been switched off.
  • Lap times are very similar to the previous version.
  • The original version has been republished.  Click the link below to add a new bookmark.

Bookmarks.

zw2xbky.png

Original Vs New videos.

Edited by no_snacks
Add tags
  • Like 6

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• no_snacks

• Dodge

• zmurko

• G37

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool course, nice and simple, easy to follow but still very tricky cause of the bumps.

Here is a funny clip of it. I wish they would remove parked cars if traffic is off. I have had to change a track cause occasionaly parked cars spawn in the middle of the road (45 degree parking so almost the whole rd was taken up)

I was driving along, and a car spawned in front of me, barely any time to react. I hit it and push it over and semi take alchemic ink out haha. 

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Glad you posted this. Really love this race. It's simple in track type but it's in such a perfect location that it's actually quite the challenge.

As most people know, I hate super cars but caught a recording of this in that, works pretty well. Definitely like it with Muscles and Coupes the most though.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Damn, those spawned cars are disgraceful but really funny too.   :lol:

When I have to re-spawn in a race, sometimes parked cars will appear around the next corner.  I always wondered what the players ahead of me would encounter if they were there at the time.

It looks like someone else in the race may have re-spawned a few CP's back and you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Whatever the reason, R* needs to sort that shit out.

Glad you guys like the track.  Like you said, It's quite straight forward in its layout, but most of the corners require you to make a decision.

You can't just go flat out around every corner and simply steer your way through.

Sometimes you need to lift off or dab the brakes for a split second.  Other corners require a delicate throttle.

The bumps make things interesting too.  The often force you to take the slower but safer "non-preferred" line or risk spinning out.

• Like 1

I really like this track as well, I don't have any criticism to offer.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Glad you posted this. Really love this race. It's simple in track type but it's in such a perfect location that it's actually quite the challenge.

As most people know, I hate super cars but caught a recording of this in that, works pretty well. Definitely like it with Muscles and Coupes the most though.

Some nifty camera work there, G.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I'm loving the butt clencher. We need more corners like that.

If possible can we set up a friendly GTA race, GTA so all cars are solid and I can hop out of the car and capture some footage of a lot of cars moving through the chicane from the reverse angle. It would look great for promoting the crew.

• Like 1

If possible can we set up a friendly GTA race, GTA so all cars are solid and I can hop out of the car and capture some footage of a lot of cars moving through the chicane from the reverse angle. It would look great for promoting the crew.

No worries Squirrel.

I was actually planning on making an endurance version of Do You Even Lift Bro anyway.

That requires a pit lane and some "repair vehicle" pick-ups.  Also, the race has to be set to GTA for it to work, so it'll be suitable for your needs.

I'll get cracking on it later today. (prob 6 or 7 hours time)

Would love to see some more footage of carnage at the Butt Clencher.   :)

The corner's not too hard to get right, but it's very unforgiving if you get it slightly wrong.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This should probably go in the OP, but here will do. Sorry. I couldn't help myself :P

7f60b0704a735ea15ec0ca688cfd7f39.jpg

57591759.jpg

And people are worried about Drop Bears haha!

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No worries Squirrel.

I was actually planning on making an endurance version of Do You Even Lift Bro anyway.

That requires a pit lane and some "repair vehicle" pick-ups.  Also, the race has to be set to GTA for it to work, so it'll be suitable for your needs.

I'll get cracking on it later today. (prob 6 or 7 hours time)

Would love to see some more footage of carnage at the Butt Clencher.   :)

The corner's not too hard to get right, but it's very unforgiving if you get it slightly wrong.

Going through old topics (slow work day) Any joy on setting this up? I can include it in Screwball this week or if anyone else hosts this at a Euro friendly time I'm prepared to sacrifice my race points in order to get footage!

• Like 1

Going through old topics (slow work day) Any joy on setting this up? I can include it in Screwball this week or if anyone else hosts this at a Euro friendly time I'm prepared to sacrifice my race points in order to get footage!

I haven't converted the track to include a pit lane with vehicle repair pick-ups yet.

There are no spare props left, but there's nothing to stop us running a "friendly" GTA race.

Or I can simply make a copy as a GTA race with a few vehicle pick-ups, so no rockets randomly spawn.

maybe a couple boost pick-ups before the Butt Clencher.  That'll guarantee some spectacular crashes.  :)

Once you've got the footage you need, I'll just delete the GTA version of the race.

We can run it before or after the official PL if you want.  That way you can choreograph some specific footage without people worrying about losing their race position & points.

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

I can't WAIT to see this lazy ass actually continue on with this theme of "butt-clenchers" and really hope he creates a "Do U Even" series. If anything though, you can't be any slower than MLB.

This should get special consideration though, this IS our PS4 race of the year.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Been here for 2 weeks or more, and still havent tried the real, Do You Even Lift, Bro?

I see a problem with this.

Bookmarked.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome, Lime.  I love it.  :)

The jump shots look pretty cool, but I was waiting for a big crash at the Butt Clencher.  You're too good.  ;)

Awesome, Lime.  I love it.  :)

The jump shots look pretty cool, but I was waiting for a big crash at the Butt Clencher.  You're too good.  ;)

Thanks Snacks :)

I should have saved the outtakes, I don't think I could have run a clean lap in anything faster :D

It's a great track and I loved doing it, so much fun to race. Think I'll make this a series of videos for all the best crew created tracks, already done a few and I can think of loads more I'd like to do.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, @Skorpion.  Just saw your post now. :D

I'm currently in the process of updating this race with the new stunt props.  Some major bumps and tricky sections will be made smoother and easier, but I don't want to sterilise it too much.  Part of the appeal of road circuits is the bumps and dips etc that give feedback through the controller.

I'll also add a pitlane somewhere - hopefully on the start/finish straight.

I'll let everyone know when it's finished, but until then I've changed the title to DO NOT USE (work in progress) as there may be missing checkpoints and random props in the middle of the road - sort of like @Dodge's races. :P

• Like 2

I'm a little concerned snacks. :) This is such a great race. I'm sure you'll do nothing but improve it but is there any way to keep the original version?  You are a master race creator so I'm not worried but it'd be a shame to never be able to race the original layout. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

I'm a little concerned snacks. :) This is such a great race. I'm sure you'll do nothing but improve it but is there any way to keep the original version?  You are a master race creator so I'm not worried but it'd be a shame to never be able to race the original layout. 

Same.

I'd like to keep the original available, it's one of the best of my list.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Same.

I'd like to keep the original available, it's one of the best of my list.

Thanks for your concerns, guys, but no need to worry.  

I've elevated the whole track up in the sky so there's no pesky bumps to negotiate anymore.  It's now got a couple spiral loops and flaming rings and shit.  Also, you can now curb boost through the Butt-Clencher (which is dead straight now).  It's gonna be awesome. :D

Just kidding.  I was/am a bit hesitant about doing it too.  I have to hold myself back from changing too much of the actual track surface.

It's mostly cosmetic changes and some basic smoothing out a couple sections that cause issues, even when you thought you'd slowed down enough etc.  You'll still be taking the same lines and dodging the same poles etc, it'll just have a slightly better flow to it now.

I've also made a copy of the original and will re-publish it at the same time as the updated version. :)

• Like 8

:lol:

Had me worried there!

The bumps and stuff just added to the track for me.

I don't enjoy the hard stunt surface at all, so tracks that have all bumps smoothed out are a bit boring because the car reacts in the same way at every turn.

Looking forward to trying the new one and very glad the original will stay as for me it's the best normal track in the crew.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3