Do You Even Lift Bro?

no_snacks

Alright, the new updated version is ready to go. :)

• Mostly cosmetic changes and some minor smoothing out here and there.
  • The dip under the bridge has been reduced so players don't get too much air on the crest.  This used to cause a few unnecessary crashes and downed poles etc.
  • Turns 4 and 5 have also been smoothed out more than other sections because of the major bumps that would cause too many crashes.
  • Pit lane added.  Entrance on the right at the 2nd last corner.  Take the entrance at full speed - the Slow Down strip will do the rest.
  • The original version has been republished with a new link.
  • OP has been updated with new description, videos, links and pics. 

Hope I haven't gone too far with the smoothing out.  I tried to leave as much of the original surface as was practical, but some sections did need some attention IMO.

Run a few laps and see what you think.  I would definitely like to get some feedback (good or bad) as everybody will have a slightly different view on what works and what doesn't.

Edited by no_snacks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• no_snacks

• Dodge

• zmurko

• G37

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to try it out, and what's your personal take on the new version? You are the guy to ask :D

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

1 hour ago, grjkie said:

Can't wait to try it out, and what's your personal take on the new version? You are the guy to ask :D

Personally, I prefer the new version over the old, mostly because it's slightly better for racing on.  On the old version, someone always wrecked on the bumps at turn 3, 4 or 5, or they overshot their braking point on the crest after the bridge.  The fun battle was all over at that point.

I've done more laps and probably know the track better than anyone else, but while making the "Old Version" video, I spun the car at turn 5 on 2 out of the 10 laps.  In my opinion, that corner was too unpredictable, even though I enjoyed the challenge of it.

All of the old tricky corners will still punish you if you push too hard, but you don't need to tip-toe around them anymore. :)

• Like 3

Looks really good snacks!

That old tip-toe-ing section is probably one of the toughest road sections on the entire map of LS, I'm glad you tamed it a little bit. :D

Better watch out on the pitlane exit, so you don't crash into someone contracting their sphincter muscle, as they most likely wont be paying attention to anything else there. :lol:

• Like 3

Perhaps you've tamed it too much. :(

Very beautiful track, extremely well made, but it's also very very easy compared to the old one.

I mean I was getting  consecutive 1:11s even by rubbing against half the walls on the track on every lap. :lol:

Even if you take the corner a little too fast, there's always a wall or a railguide that will save you now. But that's nearly the case for every new gen track with track pieces and railguards protecting the lamposts. I have mixed feelings about that, even on my own track(s), since it kind of makes races much easier. You still go faster if you avoid them, but you don't really lose much when you slightly hit a wall/fence... *

I'm glad the old version still exists, I'll definitely be playing both.

* not related to this track specifically, but you can even take massive advantage by wallriding now, just look at this move I pulled off by going into a corner much faster then you can actually go and wallriding it for an overtake: :D

• Like 1

Thanks again, @zmurko.

Haha, I know right?  Those barriers and walls on the exits are like guides for any wayward cars.  They simply help you back onto the track after making a mistake.  Not sure what to do about it though. :(

In some ways, the old striped barriers worked better than the shiny new props.  Yeah, they were annoying and wrecked many a good race because of a tiny little error, but like you said, now you hardly get punished for a major mistake.  It almost feels like you can just accelerate the whole time and let the props do the steering for you. :D

The road surface I think has turned out alright.  That was my main concern with doing the update.  I think turn 5 is definitely better for racing on, even though it's less of a challenge.

My advice is to use the new version for a while, then do a few laps on the old.  See how you feel about it then.  You might find you hate the original version after a while. :lol:

I'll have another look at some of the exit props and see if I can come up with a compromise.  I doubt there'll be much I can do though - it'll probably be one extreme or the other. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Much appreciated. :)

• 2 months later...