• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• ScottyB

• zmurko

for the money i'm paying for the bundle (which include unlimited calls back home eerr Africa) and that company goes by the name talktalk, it, surprise me : SURPRISE :

looking to go back to fibre with virgin or bt when they finishing roling in my area.

4324998451.png

TalkTalk are well known for offering a low speed, but they don't charge a fortune for it, so that's a good thing.

They also use 'Traffic Management', which is basically a fancy phrase used for capping your speeds even further during peak times (your test was done during peak time).

Just took a look at their site, they don't offer much variety, 1 broadband deal and 1 fibre deal.... The broadband says 'Upto 17MB'... The word "Upto" means they don't legally have to give you anywhere near 17MB and it's very likely that they won't.

As you said, fibre is much better, so it's no surprise that TalkTalk can't compete with Sky, BT or Virgin as they have a greater fibre coverage of the UK.

4325119865.png

D huh? Plays great for me. Last crew I played with guys. many from Britain, and they never saw me lagging. South American guys were the problem lol.

Edit: Wireless too, both PC and PS3 are about 50 ft away from router in the same tv stand, on same floor level, signal just has to pass through 1 door between its direct line of sight. Hasnt been a problem for me, otherwise Id go ghetto and run a cord along the hallway while gaming.

Edited by AGNT009

This is from my laptop which is wirelessly connected, my PS4 is connected directly through a cable so should be a little faster :).

This does drop a lot when I go back to somerset as it's different internet I haven't managed to test this unfortunately and this is wireless as well for the PS4.

4325407956.png

I haven;t seen jitter and packet loss being addressed yet. Both key factors.

Test site

http://www.pingtest.net/

122222978.png

I've used that, but it doesn't list most servers, so my ping was 25ms (higher than normal results through tests).

Packet loss test isn't possible due to my firewall, same with most people.

However I did this on PC: Start, search, type 'cmd' and then type 'ping www.google.co.uk'.

Packet loss = 0.

Ping = Min 23ms, Max 27ms and Avg 25ms.

Edited by DavidCore89

Nice!

That doesn't surprise me at all, Cevin  :).

Some of the other Scandinavian based members have posted some equally impressive speeds.

Edited by DavidCore89

How many 4 terabyte hard drives have you filled up with pr0n? :lol:

Don't know what you are talking about.. prOn!... What is that?

Edited by Cevin8

Before package upgrade:

4092741468.png

After package upgrade:

4326260925.png

Best £1 per month ever spent!

Aight, I'm convinced, I'm moving to Wales to get that good internet. Need a roommate DC?

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

4326566442.png

Upload & download speeds are horrendous.  Ping isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still not good..

This explains a lot of my lag I guess.

Don't really know what all the fancy numbers mean, but they seem a helluva lot worse than some others.

BTW.  This was taken at 10am this morning.  I also tested at 2am with similar results.

Will test again this afternoon to see if there's any difference.

• Like 1

246 to Oslo and 133 to New York

I never noticed consistent lag issues while playing with crew members, but if any of you have trouble hitting me while I whormhole all over the place contact me so I can try a solution.

4326566442.png

Upload & download speeds are horrendous.  Ping isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still not good..

This explains a lot of my lag I guess.

^^ 10:00am test.  Not very good.

Here's the 3:00pm test.  20-25% worse.  :(

Slower than 64% of Australia, which equates to slower than 99.9% of everywhere else.  :lol:

4326947131.png

• Like 1

Download: 2.46 MB/S

Upload: 0.13 MB/S

Ping: 27MS.

This is on a good day... Be right back, going to cry now lmao. Definitely wishing fibre optic would get connected quicker lol! 

• Like 2

Wow HotWired.  That's even worse than mine.  

Do you live at Wilson's Prom, Gippsland or somewhere remote?

If we ever played a 1 on 1 death-match, it'll probably be in slow-motion.  It'll be like the Matrix.  :lol:

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 4

So basically the people of Slavbard have better connectivity to the rest of the world than the people of Australia? Think it's time to move to the Arctic circle.