Speed Tests (primarily ping)

DavidCore89

Hold on a second, Morecambe?? 

Agv9VzH.png

Lol.

The speed test is supposed to ping to the closest server available with the best ping, perhaps after the test you should click 'new server' and then select something in the Scottish Highlands (or wherever that line leads)  :lol:.

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• ScottyB

• zmurko

Going via Newcastle was a bit better.  I see the wee man is standing near Edinburgh which is 3 hours drive away from here.  I know when BT had that major problem a couple of years ago it was because something happened in Edinburgh that took out the the internet for the whole of Northern Scotland

4093663515.png

• Like 1

My default server was in manchester but my pings were heading over there and getting their heads kicked as they came from Leeds before heading back again which did give me a higher ping.

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 1

Yeah the default server is always one that is hosted by your ISP, you can choose a closer one if required.

I didn't actually test to any severs in Wales, default was Bristol.

Going via Newcastle was a bit better.  I see the wee man is standing near Edinburgh which is 3 hours drive away from here.  I know when BT had that major problem a couple of years ago it was because something happened in Edinburgh that took out the the internet for the whole of Northern Scotland

4093663515.png

Nice.

Better speeds on all factors.

4093891056.png

PING!!!!

My download speeds have never been so high, having fibre next week, finally  :)

Cool, you should see vast improvements on those speeds.

I have faster down- and upload than most, but the ping isn't that impressive.

4093647936.png

London:

4093652105.png

New York:

4093658589.png

I'm wondering how you got kicked from so many PL's on PS3 with these stats  :blink:.

Edited by DavidCore89

Cool, you should see vast improvements on those speeds.

I'm wondering how you got kicked from so many PL's on PS3 with these stats :blink:.

Because of a router with outdated firmware. It kept resetting. Haven't had any issues since it got updated and that was many months ago.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, I ran the speed test on the PS4 (hardwired) and these are my results:

NAT Type:  Type 2

Download:  47.1 Mbps
Upload:  9.6 Mbps

Not sure if that's good or not.

• Like 1

Tried this using both wired and wireless. My ping times aren't too bad over wireless, which is good as I don't have a good way of getting a wire to my PS3 and my PC at the same time. I've always had my PS3 over wireless and haven't had too many issues yet.

Wired:

4094640291.png

Wireless:

4094645081.png

• Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

4094893533.png

I don't ever really experience any issues with my internet. This is a test from my wireless laptop, PS4 is a hard line so it should be even better. 7 devices connect to my router. I never very rarely experience lag or get kicked from PL

• Like 1

4096536252.png

the server is very near to where i live,  the reason for the low ping
(can't blame my poor skills on the internet lol)

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Mine says..

Ping - 41ms

Download Speed - 6.94 Mbps

Upload Speed - 0.38 Mbps

Getting fibre enabled on thursday hopefully this will improve things. I know they said my download speed will be between 76 and 82 Mbps not sure about the rest

Getting this now, seems pretty decent

4099017618.png

• Like 1

Oh no, I didn't mean to help you guys get even better :P

You probably have already gotten used to how it works so it will be very interesting to see how it effects you and if you notice it.

Scotty, that TV game setting tip worked !

Changed it back a few days ago and there is indeed a difference. The controls are a bit more crisp, i.e. there is less of a delay between what happens on the controller and what happens on the screen. At first I thought it was just a placebo, but after a couple of days gameplay, I must say the difference is noticeable.

For info, I've got a Panasonic Plasma Viera, about 5/6 yrs old.

Cheers !

• Like 2

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg