Squirrel

Once again free roam craziness has inspired me to create something....

Budget cuts have meant the Davis and El Burro fire departments are seriously under equipped. Rockford Hills Fire Headquarters has spare fire engines. I think its time to reassign the equipment.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/y0tzaFU4wk-PG4HOGvl8Rw

• 3 weeks later...

Please please please reconsider the time limit on this capture.  You have it set to 30 minutes right now and that's entirely too long, IMO.  When respawning, I end up near the fire department and get two stars right away after spawning.  It's a bit frustrating.  This is a good map, but the time should be reduced to 10 or 15 minutes and maybe get rid of the cops.

I like the idea and the premise is promising but there's some suggestions to make this truly enjoyable:

- Time limit, revise this. 30 minutes is far too long (10-15 is fine) for a capture no matter what it is. I can see the clock running out due to certain dynamics of this job too.

- Wanted levels should be addressed. With traffic this is bothersome considering the levels escalate quickly to 3 stars - it becomes very difficult to move about yet alone worrying about the other team.

- Weapon selection can be tweaked. Micro SMG is fine, but Sticky Bombs vs Fire Trucks on a Bati is simply unfair.

- Respawn vehicles ought to be adjusted. As mentioned earlier, a Bati vs everything else in the capture just isn't balanced. I like Bisons to start with. Maybe respawn in them.

- Respawn sphere might need some fixing. For the most part I spawned around the fire trucks (donno if this was a bug), if it wasn't it should be pushed back further (closer to base or between base/truck).

- Distances between capture objects and bases aren't equal. One team clearly has a distance advantage even considering the roadways. Perhaps the capture objects location can be adjusted someway.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

It's a very experimental capture. Possibly has some flaws which can't be overcome. Actually surprised this was attempted. 

Distance between the locations can't really be helped unless I manage to find some more fire stations equally placed from the main headquarters or possibly another building which can be substituted for a fire station. 

The reason I chose bati's was I imagined someone in the fire truck using the water cannon to throw them off. Could change it for a slower bike. 

With the respawns you can either pick a certain location or near to where you died. I didn't really want to have you respawning back at your original base but thought if you started near the station it would be easier to get a new fire truck. If wanted levels are removed or reduced how would that effect the defending actors? 

Will get rid of the stickies. 

Did you have any problems parking fire trucks? 

G, when you're selecting jobs for your playlists do you search on here or on RSC? I have a few jobs on RSC that I've published for testing but are still experimental. Usually worth checking to see which jobs I'm happy with or not. I've got a handy list here: http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/4947-squirrels-nuts/

Edited by Squirrel_Army

I usually use this site. Let's me give feedback if I play them.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

OK changes made.

Time reduced to 10 minutes. This is in line with most playlist jobs.

Respawns set to near where you died

Sticky bombs removed

Respawn vehicle changed to a slower bike

Traffic levels reduced

Maximum wanted level reduced to two stars. 

And lastly the biggest change, I've blocked off the quick routes to the objective for the closest fire station. Both routes take roughly the same time to complete now.

• Like 1

One thing I wanna note though, respawning where you died .. and if that's at the fire trucks themselves, well that might be problematic.

Rest should be fine.

That all sounds good. There was a problem with parking the fire trucks. I think we were the closer base and after 2 trucks are parked there you can't get any more in. 2 of our team got the third truck there and couldn't park it due to it being blocked off.

One thing to watch out for is that the gps won't guide you to some where that is blocked off

scottyb1988.jpg

One thing I wanna note though, respawning where you died .. and if that's at the fire trucks themselves, well that might be problematic.

Rest should be fine.

With the wanted levels reduced to a maximum of 2 stars any of our crew members should be able to handle that level of response. 

That all sounds good. There was a problem with parking the fire trucks. I think we were the closer base and after 2 trucks are parked there you can't get any more in. 2 of our team got the third truck there and couldn't park it due to it being blocked off.

One thing to watch out for is that the gps won't guide you to some where that is blocked off

I managed to park 3 quite easily at the front and theres also room at the rear of the fire stations too under the capture bubble. It helps if you can drive the trucks into the building.

• Like 1