Jesse

Schermafbeelding2015-01-13om123625_zps57

Add job

Pirates have hijacked a cargo vessel, Marines are send in to 'arrest' the pirates and free the crew.

This is not your usual LTS. This is a mission.

Two teams: Pirates & Marines.

Pirates:

You have successfully taken control of the vessel. Your job is to keep it like that. Fight the marines that will fly or parachute in, a team of max. 15 marines will try to take over control and 'arrest' you. If you win, serious money will come your way.

Marines:

Those fucking pirates, what are they thinking?
You and your team have some weapons and two helicopters ready to fly in and end this mess. Heli's for transport only, do not use the guns on the heli. 

Stay on the vessel (pirates from start, marines after flying in)

Schermafbeelding2015-01-15om145841_zps69

True story (link)

Edited by Jesse
  • Like 2

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jesse

• Squirrel

• Pb76

• DavidCore89

Loving the idea of recreating actual events. Could you start the Marines team further back and use Mavericks/Annihilators to transport them to the ship? Will make for an exciting entry and keep it historically accurate.

Edited by Squirrel__Army

Loving the idea of recreating actual events. Could you start the Marines team further back and use Mavericks/Annihilators to transport them to the ship? Will make for an exciting entry and keep it historically accurate.

Really like that idea :) I changed it now, marines start point is at the heliport at the MW hangar/ dock. All their pickups are there + 2 Annihilators to transport them to the vessel. I trust in the players to only use them to go from there to the vessel + for everyone to stay on the vessel (both marines and pirates). You will have to work as a team here, 2 heli's and they both fit 6 people (if played with full lobby one pilot has to fly back to get the last players), the pirates will have time to set up on the ship before the marines fly in, land or parachute in. 

Edited by Jesse

Even if someone stays in an Annihilator there should be enough cover between the containers to negate any effect of the guns. It will come down to an onboard fight due to the depth of cover, if someone manages to take out a pilot on the way in it would give the defending team a great and well deserved advantage. Will look forward to trying this out. 

Even if someone stays in an Annihilator there should be enough cover between the containers to negate any effect of the guns. It will come down to an onboard fight due to the depth of cover, if someone manages to take out a pilot on the way in it would give the defending team a great and well deserved advantage. Will look forward to trying this out. 

Killing people on the vessel with the annihilator is close to impossible haha, the problem would be that killing the pilot would be hard and that he could fly pretty far away from the vessel. Once everyone is on they're not allowed off (alive) :)

I would love to give some feedback Jesse, but I didn't live long enough on either side to comment, from a spectating standpoint it seems cool.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I would love to give some feedback Jesse, but I didn't live long enough on either side to comment, from a spectating standpoint it seems cool.

Thanks for hosting it! I was one of the first to die both times, so it's the same for me :lol:

I liked this, the design is pretty unique too.

I managed to stay alive for a while on both rounds, I feel this ship team has the upper hand if the players can make it onto the top of the containers and snipe the choppers as I did (and I'm not even a good sniper).

I'm not sure how that can be resolved except to remove the snipers, but that would change things.

• Like 1

Liked this game was definitely an advantage to being on the ship i was able to take out a passenger in the helicoptor before being chewed up by its blades. Was fun though just have to get creative with entry onto the boat so you can stay alive

• Like 1

I'll see if I can make some changes. I think it's mostly strategy after that (land heli, parachute out, go in fast, wait and think? All up to you and your team) The marines do have some stronger weapons and tear gas, so they should have the advantage after successfully entering the ship

Auto aim makes it too easy for pirates to pick off heli pilots with the high powered weapons. R* logic makes man more deadly than military grade aircraft :)

• Like 1

Auto aim makes it too easy for pirates to pick off heli pilots with the high powered weapons. R* logic makes man more deadly than military grade aircraft :)

The plan here is to only use the heli to get to the ship, land it and then fight the battle on foot :) Will have to change the description

Ah right, sorry.

No problem, this one is hard to play without knowing what it is :) Playing it with randoms is close to impossible.. I'll change the description :)

• Like 1

I hopped on for round 2 and thought "it looks dangerous on that ship, I'll try my luck with my annihilator's cannons". The description is good, my lack of skill and courage was the issue.

Edited by Pb76
  • Like 1

If anyone on the ship is in a position to take out the chopper then they should also be at risk of being taken out by the choppers guns. Should keep it even, will be adding this to my playlist later on too.

It will take great skill to kill an armed player with the Annihilator guns, I've never managed it.

It simply doesn't annihilate anything :lol:  

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Would a non-armed heli mean the marines would have to get on board the ship quickly? A cargobob carries 10(?).

Cargobob is slow, the pilot would be a sitting duck. Team work will be required to get the team safely to the boat where then they can cause havoc.

I might change it to the swift, if you can pick the flying bravo. That way they have no reason to stay in the heli

• Like 1