Lost and Found

G37

Holy Hell. These are a pain in the ass to make. I'm really quite surprised there's no 30 player R* version of this (unless I blatantly missed it). This was designed for an upcoming event sourced by Lann with a reworked description and my own original title. Assault rifles are standard with a few pick ups along the way. 

As always feed back is strongly encouraged.

Lost and Found

16m2fki.jpg

External Job Link: http://rsg.ms/7ed1e02

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Huge map, perfect for a full 30 player lobby.

I have yet to play it, but well done for making one of these large DM's with enough room to move around.

I doubt spawn killing will be an issue here.

Looking forward to playing it.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

This was excellent, we only used a fraction of the map as we had around half capacity, but it played very well.

I loved this area on PS3 and the R* Sandy Shores DM (until R* removed it), but the area looks and feels much better on PS4.

Assault rifle is perfect, not too much power, but enough to kill your enemy with an accurate shot. The rifle kinda suits the location as well.

Could have easily gone with combat MG's due to the size of the map, but I don't think that would play as well.

Spawns worked as spawns should - always respawned near teammates and away from the enemy.

I just hope others start creating their maps with more room to move, just like this one.

Nothing worse than being pinned to a wall or other cover for 7 out of 10 minutes, or even spawn killed due to the map not playing well and causing the teams to become spread out...

The props (if any) are perfect and seem to blend in well because I couldn't find them, I don't know how many were used, but I only saw 10-15 at the most (a few of those were nicely placed propane tanks). I guess the Rebel's on driveways were props too?

Well done, one of the best that I've played over the last few weeks including R*/Verified maps.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

I'm surprised at how well it worked myself, I guess it was very conducive to that thanks to the location itself. Thanks for that.

I used all 32 vehicles and all 100 props (some are as simple as constructed/broken fences for paths and cover so not surprised and glad it wasn't noticed). I did notice though that my small mini-map didn't show most of the location, obviously because it's a huge map. Just took a bit of getting used to is all but there are 35 weapons in there.

Actually managed to record this too so I'll add that tonight. Least I think I did.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I recorded this with 20 or 21 players today.

Okay, you win, post please :lol:

Have been able to play this a few times now thanks to the crew.

I think it really works. I learned a new PS4 TDM mechanic too that I'm .. sort of intrigued by.

Unlike PS3, there is no more line of sight where you were revealed immediately on the opponent's mini map if even the smallest portion of your character was "visible" by the game on an enemy's screen. That's gone and for the most part you're always revealed (meh - least less Lester now as it's almost pointless).

What I did learn is that if you venture far enough away your blip disappears so sneak attacks can be planned very, very easily. I have the full load of vehicles here for some getting around too. I guess that's another layer of game play to think about in the future.

I'll upload a video of this map later.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

So if your blip disappears, what will reveal it again? Running? Gun fire? Driving a vehicle? Maybe we should test it out one time.

I really liked this map. It's massive though, but you were never far away from the action. I never thought of it like DC said, but having more room to move around is very different from most maps and works well.

Only thing I didnt like was the snipers location. I guess you could drive to it but I wasted a minute or so running there and back haha. Maybe there could be a couple on top some buildings closer to the action. I am biased towards them though. I was able to pick a few people off with it but there are a lot of obstructions so they probably aren't to useful in most cases.

scottyb1988.jpg

So if your blip disappears, what will reveal it again? Running? Gun fire? Driving a vehicle? Maybe we should test it out one time.

I really liked this map. It's massive though, but you were never far away from the action. I never thought of it like DC said, but having more room to move around is very different from most maps and works well.

Only thing I didnt like was the snipers location. I guess you could drive to it but I wasted a minute or so running there and back haha. Maybe there could be a couple on top some buildings closer to the action. I am biased towards them though. I was able to pick a few people off with it but there are a lot of obstructions so they probably aren't to useful in most cases.

Um. I'm really not sure lol. I was able to sneak up on the other team several times by this method. I figured it worked like online now where the mini map only shows people in the immediate vicinity and when you or they got close, they'd be revealed again. I guess we'd have to test it out yeah.

Well, obviously the focus here is Assault Rifles with some shot guns in the mix. For stronger weapons like that, especially ranged ones I don't like it when they're so easy to get (if you want it, you gotta go for it). Like last night's Fracas map. Whole other team pretty much had sniper rifles within 60s of starting. I could play with it, move them closer or somewhere else. Thinking of maybe a couple explosives too, nothing overbearing.

That's the thing about this map too .. it's MASSIVE and is more so designed for full capacity. Not saying it wouldn't work with less because it does but with many other maps once you get to 20+ you're starting to bulge at the seams. More freedom here I guess.

• 4 weeks later...