Squirrel

Panto Football, or soccer for those on the other side of the Atlantic. 

More destruction derby themed capture fun. This event takes place in the docks. The idea is to pick up the ball and try and score in the opposite goal as quick as you can. First to score 5 wins.

Vehicle of choice is the Panto, if you don't have the ball then you have to tackle the opposing player, forcing him out of the car. Lots of team work will be needed to ensure you both attack and defend well. 

This can be played with or without weapons. Without means its car vs car to tackle. With weapons enabled, it's a single assault shotgun given to the goalkeeper of each team. It will be their job to make the crucial save.

For extra spice change to wet weather. 

http://rsg.ms/6501777

Edited by Squirrel__Army

5 of us played this time. I've increased the points to be scored and changed the assault shotgun to a sawn off. Made a difference to the length of a game. A full squad should mean a lot more defence/offence going on instead of just grabbing the ball and scoring.

• Like 1

I've also made an increased size version too for use for up to 30 players.

http://rsg.ms/8266eee

133DE401-8FB4-4FE0-A74E-1C825B4C330A_zps

This version should only be run on large play lists of over 20 players. 

Few house rules should be followed,

Only the goal keepers are allowed the guns, they should also try and stay within the goal area.

You can only score if you're in a car, running the ball in shouldn't be allowed. 

There are no free kicks or penalties, just ram the crap out of each other!

It has been set up for 30 players but there are only 11 cars per team. You should pair up in a few cars to make tackling easier, you can tackle by hauling the driver with the ball out of the car, a lot easier with a second person in the car. Lots of team work needed. No replacement cars. 

• Like 1

Dani is running it tonight in her playlist. It's a shame I won't be there to see it in action. Lots of feedback please and if possible lots of video recording of it! 

Edit I will be there tonight, more recordings still would be good though

Edited by Squirrel__Army

This was pretty fun, had a good time. Especially jacking people of their rides with the case.

I'm told you have a larger version somewhere? 

This is for 16 players but I could 30 Pantos. Should be easily able to add 1 more to each side. Kinda curious if you can widen it just a bit, maybe by 1 container length on either side of the start/finish prop. Looking at your pic it seems like you can fit that between the light poles but I'm not sure if in other corners extending that will be a problem. Just thinking that would help accommodate a full lobby a bit more. 30-32 Pantos is well .. a lot of smart cars :lol:

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I really enjoyed this one. There are a lot of different versions of soccer but I do like this one the most. The only advice (as most people said) is to remove the guns. I could take out most people on the field which was extremely annoying to the,, and I could have blown up the cars.

As G said, it would be good if you can add more cars for everyone. Other people also suggested closer spawn points.. They were a bit far but not too bad.

If you can't expand the field or fit more cars in there, maybe you could add some more outside with ramps to allow them to jump in. (Only enough for 30 cars or a full lobby as long as it won't be too cluttered with them all in there)

Edited by ScottyB88
  • Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Guns have been removed on the HD version, they were useful in the smaller one as with the smaller teams it's harder to make a tackle but with a full compliment of players then it was unnecessary. Spawn points have been altered, originally they were set so you respawned close to where you died. In Rockstars logic that means about half a mile away. Now you should respawn back on the pitch, this does need testing though.

I don't want to add more cars, it's an 11 a side game so more cars just wouldn't be football! We can have 30 players though, just have to double up in cars and with people getting run over and respawning there will always be cars to jump into. In a 30 player match, those people who don't get to drive straight away will be able to grab the ball or help tackle other players.

I've also improved the aesthetics of the stadium. Low level barriers around the pitch plus additional stadium seating around the perimeter.

Edited by Squirrel__Army
  • Like 1

Well. The only reason I suggested you make use of the full 32 vehicles is because .. it's 16 players max. That's 2 vehicles per person max.

Should be good though.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I enjoyed this.

My only issue is the shotguns, there will always be one person that decides their K/D is more important than having fun, regardless of what kinda lobby this is played in.

I'd remove the guns and then you've got something fun and different here.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've combined both versions of my Panto Football into a single job now.

I've taken the game play style of the original and moved it to the location in the HD version and changed the number of players to 30. This is the best of both jobs and keeps it authentic. 

• 1 year later...

Finally been able to update the job to how I imagined it. 

The gameplay remains the same. What has changed is the stadium. Both teams start in their changing rooms. After emerging from the tunnel they battle out as normal on the pitch. 

Ive also added a football which can be used for a normal kick/punchabout. 

• Like 7