Chamberlain Alleys

G37

Welp. DC wanted a 30 player version of Paradise Alley. Here it is. I've never played anything of this magnitude. It's almost double the amount of players on a single team as were allowed in total on PS3. That's 30 players. That's 60 spawn points, not 1 more and not 1 less. That's a huge shift in thought. I think the area works. Had props look as natural as possible so as to enhance the environment, not shape it. If you haven't been here before it's a series of low income housing with a ton of inherent real estate to explore and plan your assaults through.

You begin with SMGs. You will find a few Assault Rifles and a few Pump Shotguns along with a couple grenades strategically and evenly placed. It's set to 12 players minimum, I imagine less is not more here.

This could be a complete dud so feedback is welcome. It's extremely difficult to test with NPCs something this large and gauge how well it'll work.

Chamberlain Alleys

30sixdh.jpg

External Job Link: http://rsg.ms/8986b16

Previous work in progress preview:

11t041y.jpg

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I've been able to play this a few times now .. not more than 10 people unfortunately. I think it works well if I don't say so myself. In hopes I can play this with 20+ .. I've spread the spawn points out some more to incorporate more of the area so that means .. new photo.

Edited by G37

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

This seemed to play good, to be honest I think the biggest way I judge a map is by weapon choice which you already know how to do and the map itself just needs to have adequate cover.

When we played it with a smaller number of people it played out pretty well. There were a few times that it was hard to find others but only due to people hiding and staying still..

I haven't really explored this area so it was a little difficult to navigate at first, but by half way I was fine.

The other thing on a side note that would be good to know is what algorithm is used to choose where you spawn. I have noticed you will almost always spawn near your team, but I wonder how far away you can spawn from the action in a bigger deathmatch.. For example if most, or all people are using only a quarter of the map due to a smaller lobby, will people spawn within a certain radius or just randomly? Would be good for creators to know so they are able to make better maps..

Anyway, all in all I think it played out well and it would need to be tested with a bigger lobby to see how that goes, the only thing that I can think of that may or may not need changing is more cover (either with traffic on or placed cars) on the roads.

scottyb1988.jpg

This seemed to play good, to be honest I think the biggest way I judge a map is by weapon choice which you already know how to do and the map itself just needs to have adequate cover.

When we played it with a smaller number of people it played out pretty well. There were a few times that it was hard to find others but only due to people hiding and staying still..

I haven't really explored this area so it was a little difficult to navigate at first, but by half way I was fine.

The other thing on a side note that would be good to know is what algorithm is used to choose where you spawn. I have noticed you will almost always spawn near your team, but I wonder how far away you can spawn from the action in a bigger deathmatch.. For example if most, or all people are using only a quarter of the map due to a smaller lobby, will people spawn within a certain radius or just randomly? Would be good for creators to know so they are able to make better maps..

Anyway, all in all I think it played out well and it would need to be tested with a bigger lobby to see how that goes, the only thing that I can think of that may or may not need changing is more cover (either with traffic on or placed cars) on the roads.

Yeah I'm not sure. It's SUPPOSED to spawn you at least somewhat near your team and AWAY from the action. But as we know that's not always possible and the occasional spawn kills will occur. That's why we place spawns all over unless you're trying to divorce them as much as possible. I wouldn't say this area is any more complicated than Derelict Motel as a R* map and my own Kortz Culture to be honest but if you haven't been here before, I could see some issues.

Really though .. I think I used something like 60+ props. It's supposed to look natural. Not sure if you noticed those "Aloe Planters" all over, but those I put there to give extra cover among the main drag. I have various vehicles throughout the map parked but I could add some along that main drag too. Funny on PS4 there's STILL model memory issues, like seriously (not that it gets full as easily but it can only process so much variety)? I don't think you can place more than .. 4 or 5 vehicle types? It's a joke.

Balancing weapons and where they go and what type they are is no issue. The real test will be how this plays above half capacity. It's obviously nothing like planning for a 16 player TDM like on PS3 where you have some leeway in spawn total.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

Got a video of this from last night. Gonna attach it later. I THINK it can support a full 30. I didn't notice any issues for 15 but then again, that's only half full. Few areas I saw that didn't get utilized from a spawn perspective so I'm confident more won't be an issue.

• 2 years later...