Mama's Grocery

Lann

Good map, Lann.

My only issue was the enemies seemed to respawn on the rooftops very frequently, I'm not sure if that was the idea.

The players on the highest rooftops cannot be reached with the assault rifle or AP pistol, I had to free aim and scope with the carbine but my position may have been to blame for that.

I like the area, very cool and I don't think I've played many jobs here.

This is certainly a lot less complicated than some of your other more 'experimental maps', it's quite simple and I like that.

We had 11 players at the most, so I'm looking forward to trying this map with more players some time.

The props seemed quite naturally placed and there were no issues with spawn killing at all.

Nice map, keep 'em coming!

Edited by DavidCore89

Good map, Lann.

My only issue was the enemies seemed to respawn on the rooftops very frequently, I'm not sure if that was the idea.

The players on the highest rooftops cannot be reached with the assault rifle or AP pistol, I had to free aim and scope with the carbine but my position may have been to blame for that.

I like the area, very cool and I don't think I've played many jobs here.

This is certainly a lot less complicated than some of your other more 'experimental maps', it's quite simple and I like that.

We had 11 players at the most, so I'm looking forward to trying this map with more players some time.

The props seemed quite naturally placed and there were no issues with spawn killing at all.

Nice map, keep 'em coming!

Thanks DC, already reduced the elevated areas some, but will reduce them even more. I noticed the same issue when trying with randoms.

We had 15 in for this one Lann, there was some spawn killing going on. I fear with 30 the map may be to small. 

Great location but needs to be widen out some IMO.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

We had 15 in for this one Lann, there was some spawn killing going on. I fear with 30 the map may be to small. 

Great location but needs to be widen out some IMO.

Theres a second parallel street with a market that could be used for lots of cover. Should be easy to expand into there.

I have re-done all spawnpoints. I added the second street and the lower roofs that are accessible by ladders. 

I changed all startpoints and weapon placement. Starting with the advanced rifle with Assault rifles on the streets only, two assaults shotguns in central places, a few ap-pistols and tear gas on the roofs to encourage movement. I want this map to have movement on the streets.

Also added a few props on the market street.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

We had 12 or 13 people for this TDM.  There was some spawn killing issues.  This map would be very crowded and have even more spawn kill issues if it were a full 30 player lobby.  At one point, everyone from the other team was on the roof and stayed up there for the last minute or two of the TDM.  I'm not sure if you should maybe take spawn points off the roof.  It was just unbalanced at that point, IMO.  I do like the location though.  Just not sure about the roof spawns.

• Like 1

We had 12 or 13 people for this TDM.  There was some spawn killing issues.  This map would be very crowded and have even more spawn kill issues if it were a full 30 player lobby.  At one point, everyone from the other team was on the roof and stayed up there for the last minute or two of the TDM.  I'm not sure if you should maybe take spawn points off the roof.  It was just unbalanced at that point, IMO.  I do like the location though.  Just not sure about the roof spawns.

I will look into removing some roof spawns and limit the number of players. Thanks for the feedback!!

Got a chance to play this again.

I think it's a pretty solid location, still is, but suffers from overpowered weaponry and far too many people for the area. We had 12 or 13 for it and there was a lot of spawn killing going on with no chance to avoid it (streets and sidewalks are problematic for this).

I think if you focused more on the Textile area and that one parking lot (where you have all the cars/etc) with toned down weaponry (too many of the same kind of weapon IMO as well) it'd be be much improved. I would also personally get rid of the roof top spawning, very difficult to kill people there.

This DM has some good bones to it and with some further editing and reduction in players (30 far too many, this would probably be more ideal for up to 10 .. yes, it's small but forcing people into an area so it gets plays/PLs isn't the right way to go about it) you could have something really good here.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I think the issue with the map feeling too small is because half of the map is often not used... The range of those rifles isn't helping either.

Most players will use the main road with the parked cars while forgetting about the textile area... You could even split this up and make 2 TDMs, one using the textile area and the other one using the main road and parking lot... Both would probably suit 10.

IMO, AP Pistols, Carbines and Advanced rifles are too much, most people don't realize how powerful they are when they add them to their map, perhaps they like the weapon, but that doesn't mean it'll work in all TDM's.

I'd use regular SMG to start and some assault rifles to pick up.

I also agree with G, remove the rooftop spawns.

• Like 1