Pb76....Mental Oriental

Pb76

Really cool location, I actually think I never played an DM in this location before.

I really love the "Mexican Standoff" in the beginning, this is a starting position I've used more and more myself also, think it's a really fun way to start it off.

I'm just not sure if I'm a big fan of the AP pistol or any full auto gun at such a start, but that's just my personal preference though.

When it comes to the props you've only used 3 as I can see in the RC map and the map doesn't really need any more neither, it works very well without props.

The cars you've use in the main street does the "Red carpet" theme justice, they tell a story and works as good cover when running over the street.

Good pickups and no spawn issues that I could see.

Looking forward to try this one with a bigger lobby as we where only 8 today.

Good Job PB :)

• Like 1

Great map, PB.  Today was the second time I played it.

The standoffs at the beginning are a favorite of mine.  You have plenty of coverage without using props.  I believe there's a Rockstar created TDM in this area (near the parking garage), but it's not as fun as your map.  Obviously.  :)

This map will definitely become a favorite of mine.

• Like 1

I have 3 issues with this map.

The issue with a standoff at the start: There is a huge chance that the surviving player(s) will be immediately surrounded by the respawning enemy team while your own team will rewspawn elsewhere, that's something worth thinking about.

The lack of ability to run due to the terrain (uphill, downhill and between buildings), this really pisses me off during a DM, I'm hitting X to sprint but I'm somehow running very slowly while looking as though I've shat myself.

On top of that there is a sniper on top of a tall building (out of reach of my advanced rifle), the sniper has the easy task of picking off the players on the ground because they run very slow due to the reason above.

The R* DM in this location makes me mad too, all because of the stupid game mechanics that stop players running uphill, downhill and between buildings.

More players were required. There was only 7 or 8 of us so the map wasn't used to its fullest. Everything got a bit bottlenecked (see next point).

Also be carefull with the long range weapons.  The one road/alley going through the studio is one long tunnel and there are some pretty good vantage points around.

Other then that, good stuff. Liked the location, the spawn points, the setting. Some tweaking is needed, but other then that, it's a keeper.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I wasn't gonna put in the sniper rifles originally, will remove/replace them. I did even consider blocking rooftop access altogether to 'level the playing field'.

I wasn't sure how the initial shootout would work out, I need to experience it myself....

How about some golf buggies for getting up and down the hills? (Although I like the idea of DC being an easy(er) target)

Lol golf caddies? I'll have less chance then, have you seen how slow those things are?

:lol:.

Not a lot you can do with the lack of running, it is what it is!

• Like 1

**UPDATES**

-added props at start to provide cover for shootout survivors

-removed sniper rifle

-removed access to two highest rooftops

-added props to alleyway to provide cover when running like you've shit yourself

• Like 1

Sorry to crash in with OT, but damn. Thanks to that link I've learned about aspect of RSC that I haven't had clue about - jobs and possibility to DL them -_-'' shamerino on me.

Thank you, Pb.

• Like 1