Onrefne

lol thanks, had to do somethin for it. still needs testing as there's still a few variables that the test mode doesn't solve.

-is the area balanced enough having 1 team on a hill while the other is beached

-do both teams start same traveling time away from ground 0

-i may have to find a way to prolong the time it takes to get in the jets as to not wipe a whole team with 1 rocket as they're on route, all though both teams could do that  

We all know the story, and to be honest that actually gave me big hopes for this map.

Did you forfill my hopes?? ;)

I liked the map, the story is of course a part of our history and probable not easy to copy in a GTA game.

I like the way you've put the the high powered weapons on the Beach to try to make a balance, if it worked I'm sorry to say I'm not sure on, we where only 7 players on this map so I can only speak for that amount of players.

We where 3 players on the Hill and 4 on the Beach, the team on the beach won, if it was the weapons that made the difference I'm not sure off, I would probably blame it on skills this time.

I think we need a bigger lobby to see the full potential of this map.

But the "little" I saw I liked.

Nice props, If we should be picky we could of course discuss the buses on the beach but as you have limited choice of props you need to use something.

Of course no issues with spawns as we only where 7 players.

I'm a bit unsure about the Jet though, I reckon a really good pilot would have dominated the team on the ground, and as there is no counter measures for the Jet this could get nasty. 

Good Job Onrefne.

Would like to try this out again wit an bigger lobby.

Good map.  Wish we had more players to really see the full potential.  I'd love to try to play this again when we have a fuller lobby... maybe on the weekend.

I was on Ronny's team, so we were up in the mountains being blown up constantly.  :lol:  I spawned on the beach a few times and was able to get my hands on some explosives.  I just wasn't able to really do much with them though.  I was nervous when I saw the other team had a jet to use, but whoever had it, crashed it early in the game.  If the jet was used the entire TDM, it would have really frustrated me to no end.

Again though, like Ronny said, I'd like to give this a try with more people and see if it plays out any differently.

ty for the replys, i'm actually surprised the beach team won, i was afraid the beach team would be demolished since the other side is on a mountain, which is y i didn't give the mountain side much "cover" since they have a mountain to hide behind

-would shipping containers be a better placement than the bus wreckage? was trying to go for a battlefield look

-the mountain team has normal grenades, as i assume it's easier to throw them over the mountain. and the beach team has the launchers bc u cant throw a grenade up to the mountain. should the mountain team have launchers too then?

-both sides have a jet, which is supposed to be in place of fighter planes. they cant auto target on people so it still takes some skill. theres an RPG if u can get ur hands on it to try to kill the jet. (placed as high up the crevice as i could)

ty for the replys, i'm actually surprised the beach team won, i was afraid the beach team would be demolished since the other side is on a mountain, which is y i didn't give the mountain side much "cover" since they have a mountain to hide behind

-would shipping containers be a better placement than the bus wreckage? was trying to go for a battlefield look

-the mountain team has normal grenades, as i assume it's easier to throw them over the mountain. and the beach team has the launchers bc u cant throw a grenade up to the mountain. should the mountain team have launchers too then?

-both sides have a jet, which is supposed to be in place of fighter planes. they cant auto target on people so it still takes some skill. theres an RPG if u can get ur hands on it to try to kill the jet. (placed as high up the crevice as i could)

Shipping containers - Yes!

I had no cover from the snipers last night, the buses and the pile of boxes offered no cover for the beached team.

The jets are a cool touch but IMO should be placed much further away so there is time lost when a player is retrieving a jet, kinda like pro's and cons.

Other than that, I noticed the match was dominated by explosives, I killed a lot of people who were stood on the mountain while aiming an RPG, so suggestion is add more guns and remove a fraction of the explosives, this way guns will be primary and explosives secondary but it is currently the other way around.

Edited by DavidCore89

I really like the idea behind this map and overall it is well executed.

Up hill team got crushed by the beach team, though I think that may also have something to do with the skill balancing (I was on that hill, ahum .... :unsure2: ).

At some point during the DM, I got down to the beach with some of my team members (believe LV was around at some point) while the opposing team sort of made the switch up hill.  On that occasion I was able to put down a couple of enemies. On the beach there is plenty of cover, while on the hill there isn't, at least not that much. Also you can't manoeuvre as fast because of the de-/incline of the surface. Overall, on the hill it takes more time to run from cover to cover which gives time for enemies to spot and pop you.

At the start of the DM it also didn't dawn on me that it was actually a real beach assault with boats coming in. A replay with that newly acquired knowledge would surely lead to a different starting strategy.

However, we were only 7. That didn't really help. Would definitely like to try this one out with more players on both sides.  Perhaps it will turn into total chaos (then again, it's Normandy, duh) or it could very well become a strategic game of 'supress and flank'. 

There were quite some explosives lying around. Problem was that everyone got hold of them ... More players could maybe spread out that effect. 

Overall, more playing and players are required to tweak this one, but it sure was good fun !

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

i finally got to play this in dodge 'n racings PL last night and i'll see what tweaks i can do

-even tho the mountain team starts closer i feel like the beach team gets there too much sooner, if any1 has the same opinion on this

-i wish i could add cover in the crevice for the beach team to push forward better but R* won't let me place props on that angle

-i know i was sniping ppls head while they crouched behind the boxes which isn't good. but if the beach team decided to snipe, the mountain team has to stand out to attack so they should be just as easy targets if not easier, i may have to try to stack boxes to make them taller

-i actually don't think i killed any1 with an explosive last night, i was all adv rifle and sniper. but if there are 2 grenades on each side i'll drop it to 1 as it is supposed to be primarily gun fire

-i didn't notice if any1 even took the jets last night, i'd like to know if i should take DC's advice here and move the jets to a separate location. i'm afraid if i did noone would find it like Jag >.> lol. 

-and finally, i'll add some better cover on the mountain to help against spawn swapping as they'r a bit defenseless right now

i'm kinda thinking this is more balanced than i think, as ppl keep saying the beach team is winning when i personally think the mountain team has more advantage o.o

• 1 year later...