Smokey and the Phoenix

JustHatched

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/f5mGuzU8PEyCyV95_4JwPA?platformId=null

Snowman needs a big rig before he can go east bound and down. Help him by running block in Phoenix muscle cars. Beware of Buford T. Justice and his deputies though.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

It's been around for a while and played a few times. The idea is top notch IMO, but the reality is it needs some work to add some excitement to it.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I love the premise behind this one already.

Me too Mr Jag, I loved the Smokey and the bandit films. And to base a mission on them hatch? Genious, just genius. I would actually give my left testicle to own either of the bandit cars.

yFn5uY6.png

• 2 weeks later...

I played this again recently, and I honestly think it's excellent.  I watched the movie quite a bit when I was younger, and it plays like Smokey and the Bandit on steroids.  Not sure what else could be added, but I thought it played really well as a whole.

• 1 month later...

This is no longer available on PS3.

I never could get this the way I wanted it, but with the PS4 added ability in the creator it is now there.

Getting the trucks to the drop will require other players to cover the trucks. Worrying about the other team is much less important than doing all you can do to protect your trucks.

• Like 3

Oh, that's too bad Hatch.  We played it last night and it was still good fun.

...except that the damn Piglet with the minigun kept killing me near our spawn point.  Bastich!

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Yeah,

I think there is 4 jobs I am going to move off of the 3 to the 4 just because I never could get them the way I wanted them. Gonna try on the 4 and if still not I will delete them.

To show how much harder this is, here is video of me in the creator testing my effort to get a rig thru the cops. It took 10 tries. The idea is the blockers will run interference thru the cops so the truck can get thru.

• Like 3

That's the downside to the creator mode, you want the job to be hard enough so you need teamwork to complete a mission yet the creator only lets you test as a single player, the invincibility helps but as shown in your video it's certainly a tough mission to get through. There's also the danger of once you add 10 people per team that the job might get too easy.

Tricky balance to find with just a single player creator.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I wouldn't of changed a thing about the PS3 version. It was simple in nature, simple in concept, simple in execution. I would of kept both. Was a race with some resistance (not overbearing which is great).

When you get time I think you should reconstruct the PS3 version (on either console) because I loved it.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Honestly, I wouldn't of changed a thing about the PS3 version. It was simple in nature, simple in concept, simple in execution. I would of kept both. Was a race with some resistance (not overbearing which is great).

When you get time I think you should reconstruct the PS3 version (on either console) because I loved it.

PS3 version was over way too quickly, teams didn't need to try and stop the other team, it was just a race, blink and you would have missed it.

I like it a lot more now, captures should involve teamwork just like this one.

PS3 version was over way too quickly, teams didn't need to try and stop the other team, it was just a race, blink and you would have missed it.

I like it a lot more now, captures should involve teamwork just like this one.

Yeah, maybe, but I kinda liked that. It's not often you come across captures that are short or without immense frustration of some kind (even if it wasn't intended). That was definitely a "niche" capture type Hatch created there. The sooner you figured out your shit, the better chance you had to win. Might be just me though.

When I played the PS4 one I thought it was borderline brutal, too difficult IMO. Battlefield Hooker had the same idea but eventually .. the NPCs would go away. I can't tell you how often I got spawn killed by NPCs in this one lol.

Edited by G37

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

The NPC's could be thinned a bit, but if this capture was actually run with 30 people like planned it might play out quite different.

I could remake it on PS3 with about 12 players in mind for difficulty as 16 player pl's are probably a thing of the past.

I really liked the PS4 version, had it in my PL and played it with 19 people. NPC were fine, with some teamwork you'll get through. Did have some problems with adding it to the PL, did not show in bookmarked list, but that's probably just something with RSC.

I really liked the PS4 version, had it in my PL and played it with 19 people. NPC were fine, with some teamwork you'll get through. Did have some problems with adding it to the PL, did not show in bookmarked list, but that's probably just something with RSC.

IIRC Captures and LTS in our bookmarked section are broken. It stores like 6-7 jobs max and you have to fiddle with "pages". There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to the order of them on a page either. Lot of button pressing and backing out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got annoyed by this tonight,

I was back defending and made sure I did not open fire at anyone so I could avoid police interference. I was waiting patiently for the enemy to come, even though I was on my own the police came and attacked me completely unprovoked. The enemy easily slipped by as I was killed by the police constantly. 

Can it be set so the police stay away from the capture zone? Makes it really hard to defend.

I think the police go where they want regardless of settings. But this is intended to be on of those things that is pretty much a troll job where just about everything is difficult to do.

If you're standing there aiming an RPG and another player on your team has a wanted level (which they probably did), then the cops will shoot you too.

Same happened to me, but I expected it, then I RPG'd all of them  :).

The cops do like to roam on this one... I enjoy the unpredictability and that fact that this job is usually tough makes me enjoy it even more.

I dislike easy captures.

• 1 year later...