Event Ideas, help and planning

JuniorChubb

Got an idea for our GTRC Momday Night Racing?

Share your ideas and plans here and get help from fellow members if needed.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Few ideas I have for future events:

Modern Muscle battle - N700. Mustang v Camaro v Charger

Viper v Corvette. Any model of Viper or Corvette probably N500

All Tesla one make event. 

All new Toyota Supra one make event (coming with next update)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mythaga said:

Few ideas I have for future events:

Modern Muscle battle - N700. Mustang v Camaro v Charger

Viper v Corvette. Any model of Viper or Corvette probably N500

All Tesla one make event. 

All new Toyota Supra one make event (coming with next update)

They all sound decent to me, apart from Tesla which make no sound at all...

@Aslad mentioned an idea in the PSN chat too. Let’s get them is here so we know what options we got for future rounds.

• Like 1

I have a couple of ideas for one off events. 

I really want to host an event using the classic supercars with the 10 million and above price tags. I know this is depending on people being lucky enough to win those cars so I can hold off hosting that until enough of us have the cars. 

On a similar vein the next option is cars of similar age. Pre 1975 N300 class. Lots of options there and they’re all pretty cheap. 

• Like 2

Did a bit of testing last night @Squirrel 

I like the idea of a Pre75 or Pre80 N300 night. However you will have two OP cars to deal with, the Ford GT40 and Mazda RX500 both much faster than anything else.

Aside from them, everything else is pretty much there or thereabouts.

Plenty of classic muscle to choose from, plus a few European sports cars and you will have a good mix.

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 2

That’s simple @Mythaga, let me drive the OP cars and they will no longer be OP.

Seriously though the Ford would be a popular choice, could you ballast it to competitive levels? 

2 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Seriously though the Ford would be a popular choice, could you ballast it to competitive levels? 

That would be my plan. Why ban a cool looking car when you can just slow it down. 

N300 has a broad range of cars even at that age. Might end up picking a selection of similar cars or maybe even going for a single make. Still plenty to think about before the night happens. 

• Like 1

Also seeing as this is the ideas thread...

Have you thought about a GTRC Race team for entering events and what not.p outside of what we host.

We have a few decent drivers, a place for planning and recruiting and some enthusiasm.

Just an idea, anyone else considered this?

22 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

That would be my plan. Why ban a cool looking car when you can just slow it down. 

N300 has a broad range of cars even at that age. Might end up picking a selection of similar cars or maybe even going for a single make. Still plenty to think about before the night happens. 

You could do that I guess. But there is enough cars to choose from even if the GT40 and RX500 are banned. Plus you wouldn't be able to use BOP, unless you set it manually.

Edited by Mythaga

7 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

You could do that I guess. But there enough cars to choose from even if the GT40 and RX500 are banned. Plus you wouldn't be able to use BOP

We manage without BOP for the main racing nights we do. It’s good to use BOP figures as a starting guide but then tweak the values to suit. 

What was my idea chubb I've forgotten lmao

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

28 minutes ago, Aslad said:

What was my idea chubb I've forgotten lmao

You mentioned something in the chat a few days ago... I swear you did! 

36 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

You mentioned something in the chat a few days ago... I swear you did! 

Yes I remember, but haven't got a clue what...

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Oh I remember now, a GT86 night ahaha

• Haha 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

I am probably going to run an all New Supra night for my next event. So I would advise everyone buy one (only 100k) and start getting to know it. I'll post something more official nearer the time. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Also seeing as this is the ideas thread...

Have you thought about a GTRC Race team for entering events and what not.p outside of what we host.

We have a few decent drivers, a place for planning and recruiting and some enthusiasm.

Just an idea, anyone else considered this?

If the timings and car/track choice appeals then I can turn up and drive.

• Like 1

Sounds all good guys! Could be very nice to do a classic cars reasonable priced Event and eventually the multiple million high roller Event 😄

I had an idea to do an all hatchback event but it needs more looking into.

And an all McLaren F1 GTR Event hahaha oh my sweet lord I am so in love with this thing lol 😆😅

• Like 1

Agree with @Paulie for an F1 GTR event!

I'm still planning to run my TCR series at some point, but would like to do a Super Formula one-off night when we get it at the end of the month.

• Like 1

Are we going to need an extra regular night soon? Keep Monday for the big events and have another night for more random stuff? 

31 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Are we going to need an extra regular night soon? Keep Monday for the big events and have another night for more random stuff? 

Possibly, you won’t really catch me on that often though... GTA is still number one for me.

47 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I hope no more extra regular nights. Misses Paulie is not gonna be happy 😅 and I already need to move heaven and earth to attend occasionally on other days if there's something going on. Seeing everybody online early in the evening on a daily basis already hurts. Not to mention the weekend early evenings 😥

Oh well the new house is a fact so when it's all set and done I have my own room finally 😅 that may change the things a lot! I can't wait to be honest! 😅

• Like 1

Probably not a good idea, I can only really commit to Mondays at the moment. Rest of the week is a bit hit and miss.

Just alternate it, one week championship event, following week one off event. There's lots of ideas flying around just a case of organising what is run when.

the calendar at the moment looks like this:

11/03 - GTOC (Squirrel)
18/03 - All new Supra (Me)
25/03 - GTOC (Squirrel)
01/04 - ?
08/04 - GTOC (Squirrel)
15/04 - ?

the 1st & 15th of April are free if anyone wants to host?

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 1

The calendar you’ve listed sums up exactly why another night will be useful. Supercup will be taking up a lot of the time as well and there’s a lot of other things to get in. 

Casual fun nights can slot in anywhere really and just keep the serious events for Mondays. 

I know @ajh_1990 has regular nights he goes to on Thursdays so would be good to know when else people can race. 

6 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

The calendar you’ve listed sums up exactly why another night will be useful. Supercup will be taking up a lot of the time as well and there’s a lot of other things to get in. 

Casual fun nights can slot in anywhere really and just keep the serious events for Mondays. 

I know @ajh_1990 has regular nights he goes to on Thursdays so would be good to know when else people can race. 

I don't race on Thursday nights anymore so not an issue. Will be racing on Tuesdays fairly regularly. If I'm free on other nights and up for it then I'll join in with some racing.

Although I'd like my TCR idea to be a series, I'm also happy with it being a one-off night so we can get more tracks in.

Edited by ajh_1990

Wednesdays maybe a no no as a few GTS players are in Los Santos on Wednesday’s...

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1