Event Ideas, help and planning

JuniorChubb

Personally I wouldn't want to drop the one off events from Mondays as I find them the most enjoyable, and like I said Mondays is the only day I can really commit to host. (I have a life outside of gaming...shocker I know :classic_laugh:)

• Like 1

Just now, Mythaga said:

I have a life outside of gaming

Remove this vagabond from the group please.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I agree totally with Myth. Let the one offs also please remain on the Monday's for now. It's nice to have championship thingies and one offs following each other up on Monday's. Keeps the things fresh imo.

Maybe with the start of the new SuperCup we can see if it fits better on another regular day. And then people Cam decide if it suits them or not. I think the Monday's as we have them now should remain as it is. 

In a couple of months things will look a bit different for me though 😅 my own room ah hubba hubba hubba 😊

• Like 1

I'm still intending to kick off an FIA Class1 / DTM / ITC inspired idea with the Group 3 Alfa, Merc and Chevy representing the C-Class, 156 TI and Calibra respectively.

With the addition of a TT Cup as a support race (although we'll need some timing checks just to see how that pans out with both running).

Basic idea would be:

RACE FORMAT

TT Cup Support Race

• Standard qualifying (about 10 mins)
  • Race 1 : 10 mins based on qualifying grid.
  • Race 2: 10 mins reverse grid.
  • Weight penalties like original Supercup but not to the same extent.
  • Cars starting at minimum weight and boosted to about 350 power (based on the push-to-pass feature on the real cars taking them to 340 or so).

DTM/ITC

Inspired by the latter days of the original DTM when it went to the Alfas V6s, Calibras and C-Class before Bernie came along and shafted it.

• Single lap qualifier, so you do out lap, flying lap, then park up, if you blow the lap you start at the back.
  • Race 1 : 15 mins based on qualifying grid.
  • Race 2: 15 mins based on previous race results.
  • Possible Race 3 at 20 and drop the others to 10 each. So two sprints and an endurance in which case it would be Race 1 qualifying order, race 2 reversed results from 1. Race 3 grid based on combined results of the two sprints. (that may be overly complex though).
  • Cars at very low weight to start and around 550hp. Still needs to be tweaked as based on the testing AJ and I did the Alfa has a bit of a jump on the Chevy and Merc as although it's heavier at the base weight it is still very nimble so will be power dropped to compensate for that.

LIVERIES

TT Cup Support Races

I have already made the entire TT Cup 2017 season liveries and made a start on the 2015 cars, which can be seen here https://www.doublegmotorsport.com/tag/audi-tt-cup/ 

The intention is that everyone would have their own number and colour scheme from those so everyone is in a unique car and sponsor combo throughout. Car #1 will be unavailable (the stock ingame livery) but available to the champion for the following year.

DTM/ITC

I have also made a start on replicating several FIA Class 1 era liveries onto the Group 3 cars.

https://www.doublegmotorsport.com/tag/project-class-1/

Again the intention would be everyone picks a livery and number based on the original cars and has their own unique number and livery as a result. In addition to what is on that link I have another 30 or so planned and for instance if there is a number conflict in cars that people want in some cases I can duplicate as long as an original car also ran that number and it doesn't create another clash.

Likewise, I will be doing a car #1 for each model and the winner of the series will be allowed to pick one of those when it runs again.

I haven't added the M3 GT to the list as yet, as I've not tested it fully to try and balance it and they only ran a limited number of BMWs at that stage as BMW switch to Super Touring as they didn't like the new V6 Rules.

If the balancing works out OK on the Alfa, Chevy and Merc I'd look at adding the BMW for a second running.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 3

Sounds good @doubleg213 , When are you wanting to run it?

With only one GTOC round left, and the Supercup not starting until May, we have some gaps in the calendar that need filling:

18/03 - All new Supra (Me)
25/03 - GTOC (Squirrel)
01/04 - ?
08/04 - ?
15/04 - ?
22/04 - ?
29/04 - ?

So if anyone wants to run something on any of the free dates please let me know asap, otherwise I'll run something, there's enough ideas floating around.

Watch out people, looks like G has found his keyboard...

Both sound good to me, and if liveries are provided all the better 🙂 

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Haha 1

18/03 - All new Supra (Mythaga)
25/03 - GTOC (Squirrel)
01/04 - Gr4 Megane (ajh_1990)
08/04 - ?
15/04 - ?
22/04 - ?
29/04 - ?

• Like 1

29th of April I definitely won’t be there so if someone wants to run that Badhurst Endurance it would be a great time to do it. 

7 hours ago, Road2FURY said:

I have an idea for series I like to run

Let me guess, it has something to do with Bathurst? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

For the benefit of those who weren't in attendance last night. Due to the low turnout we binned off the Supra after 4 races and tested a few ideas for future events.

One of which was a classic car night, Pre1980, N300

The other was some kind of mixed class event including the classic Gr.X race cars versus classic road cars. This will require some balancing using ballast, more testing to be done here...

Another thing we talked about is how do we balance the field more effectively since we have a big skills gap between the fast drivers and the not so fast drivers.
Its becoming clear that even on RH tyres the faster drivers are still winning...

So maybe we need to start ranking drivers? We have all raced against each other enough now to know the rough pecking order.
Each ranking would carry a ballast penalty, the higher the ranking the higher the ballast. After each event the rankings would be looked at and drivers could go up or down rankings depending on their results.

You could have 4-5 different rankings each carrying a certain weight ( + or - % ) penalty, more than one driver can occupy the same ranking as you may get some drivers who are very evenly matched.

For example, the rankings could be: (slightly tongue in cheek  :classic_wink:)

Alien
Pro
Semi-Pro
Amateur
Gentleman
Mobile Chicane

(You can probably put names against these already!  :classic_biggrin:)

It would take a bit of setting up and testing but could work?

What do you think?

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

For the benefit of those who weren't in attendance last night. Due to the low turnout we binned off the Supra after 4 races and tested a few ideas for future events.

One of which was a classic car night, Pre1980, N300

The other was some kind of mixed class event including the classic Gr.X race cars versus classic road cars. This will require some balancing using ballast, more testing to be done here...

Another thing we talked about is how do we balance the field more effectively since we have a big skills gap between the fast drivers and the not so fast drivers.
Its becoming clear that even on RH tyres the faster drivers are still winning...

So maybe we need to start ranking drivers? We have all raced against each other enough now to know the rough pecking order.
Each ranking would carry a ballast penalty, the higher the ranking the higher the ballast. After each event the rankings would be looked at and drivers could go up or down rankings depending on their results.

You could have 4-5 different rankings each carrying a certain weight ( + or - % ) penalty, more than one driver can occupy the same ranking as you may get some drivers who are very evenly matched.

For example, the rankings could be: (slightly tongue in cheek  :classic_wink:)

Alien
Pro
Semi-Pro
Amateur
Gentleman
Mobile Chicane

(You can probably put names against these already!  :classic_biggrin:)

It would take a bit of setting up and testing but could work?

What do you think?

Sounds cool and could work well for an exciting nights racing.

Also (this is in general not aimed at you Myth) we need to bolster numbers too so we don’t end up with low numbers like last night.

2 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Sounds cool and could work well for an exciting nights racing.

Also (this is in general not aimed at you Myth) we need to bolster numbers too so we don’t end up with low numbers like last night.

Yes, we do. I was very disappointed with the turnout last night after going to the trouble of planning an event.

But what can you do? People have other commitments, things come up at short notice, that's life. No one is forced to turn up.
To be honest though a few regulars were missing last night for legit reasons, so might be a one off?

Perhaps we need to reach out to other crews, see if there's GTS players amongst them who would be up for up for some regular Monday night racing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

To be honest though a few regulars were missing last night for legit reasons, so might be a one off?

I agree it’s a one off,  let’s see if we can get to a point we’re a few missing players won’t kill of the racing.

The only thing we can do to get players is word of mouth... VANS have a few, FEAR have a few, XDBX have a few too, let’s spread the word.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

I’ll drop a link to this forum on the XDBX site. They do have a regular GTA racing night on Mondays which is why we rarely see anyone join from there. 

An additional GTS race night could potentially attract a few of them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I’ll drop a link to this forum on the XDBX site. They do have a regular GTA racing night on Mondays which is why we rarely see anyone join from there. 

An additional GTS race night could potentially attract a few of them. 

😂 you really want that extra night don’t you... I see no issues with an extra night, will you fill it with players though. Me, Paulie, Myth have said we won’t be able to make it... that doesn’t mean others won’t be there. Just don’t let it dilute Monday’s attendance.

I was thinking of really pushing the SuperCup too. Get it on all our websites, GTAF, GT Planet all our social media and keep pushing.

None of this post once then forget about it malarkey. It’s a great competition and could bring in regular GTS players and RSC users too.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Need to get some of last seasons race footage from @Paulie and anyone’s else who has some. 

I could put together a trailer for the series and use it to attract attention. 

Theres plenty of us with experience in graphic design as well for promo material. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Need to get some of last seasons race footage from @Paulie and anyone’s else who has some. 

I could put together a trailer for the series and use it to attract attention. 

Theres plenty of us with experience in graphic design as well for promo material. 

Really it’s our ‘flagship event’... 

Lets get it right and push from there. How long until it starts?

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Really it’s our ‘flagship event’... 

Lets get it right and push from there. How long until it starts?

About 13th of May. Need to work out the exact calendar. 

Well my original idea was the one up Porsche 997 championship but what I've decided to do it's one a Holden (chev) VS Ford vs Nissan group 4 championship but with 30 to 40 horsepower more each car from standard balance of performance and using a Super Cup race format but I wanted to be one that longer so 10 minutes plus 1 lap race 1 and 2 race would have 2 more laps from ten mins  and race free will have 20 minutes plus one more lap that more all races will be in a laps instead of time I like Super Cup budget equipment off 10 minutes one Lap race one 10 minutes 2 laps race 2 and race 3 20 minutes and one lap whatever Circuit it is

• Like 1

I may have some liveries that will be useful for people using the Ford if you decide to allow Sierra clones.