Spinn the wheel - a creators event.

Lann

What if you make the platform longer, towards the wall. So you can put 2 spawn points behind each other. Potentially with fences that block the others from shooting you there?

Edited by Schumi6581
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Banketelli said:

I'm afraid you're right.

Hide contents

The job is a normal deathmatch for 16 players using snipers. There are 16 platforms and I only want players to spawn on those. Alone. Problem is that I need to place 32 spawn points and there's only room for 1 per platform.

E1G2fuuXIAUKhrT?format=jpg&name=large

I've thought about making the platforms bigger to fit 2 spawn points, and then hope the game will go for the spawns furthest from each other and spawn people on each their platform. But I doubt that will work.

E1G5mq-XEAQkQEj?format=jpg&name=large

I would either place two spawnpoints on each, or build 32 platforms. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banketelli said:

I'm afraid you're right.

I see what you're trying to do. I think if you put 2 spawn points per platform then a player should not get re spawned on a platform that has someone else on it already. But whether that works in practice or not I don't know. You  would think DMs spawn you as far away from other players as it can, (but then you would think a lot of things that don't actually happen in GTA!)

Are there any existing jobs that work in a similar way? Zmurko's shot gun DM, PS3 props, can't remember the name. The spawns there are all within their own little areas. I can't remember if you sometimes spawn near someone else though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

What if you make the platform longer, towards the wall. So you can put 2 spawn points behind each other. Potentially with fences that block the others from shooting you there?

Don't think me understandy. How would that be different the way I've placed the platform on the second pic?

3 hours ago, Lann said:

I would either place two spawnpoints on each, or build 32 platforms. 

I'm unfortunately already running out of props with 16 platforms.😅 #morepropsinthecreator

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

I see what you're trying to do. I think if you put 2 spawn points per platform then a player should not get re spawned on a platform that has someone else on it already. But whether that works in practice or not I don't know. You  would think DMs spawn you as far away from other players as it can, (but then you would think a lot of things that don't actually happen in GTA!)

Are there any existing jobs that work in a similar way? Zmurko's shot gun DM, PS3 props, can't remember the name. The spawns there are all within their own little areas. I can't remember if you sometimes spawn near someone else though.

2 spawn points per platform might be the way to go. I can see people spawning on the same one at the start of the match but throughout I'd also expect the game to use empty ones. Should always be a few open with the Pantos/ramps being part of the game as well.

Gladiator Arena. It definitely looks like @zmurko used the old glitch to place the spawn points closer together. Unfortunately, that was patched 4 years ago. And doesn't look like anyone has found another way. Should've checked before I started.😅

F1V5yIt.png

Edited by Banketelli

Read through the thread looking for a date to host the jobs, i thought we talked about it but maybe it was not in here.. anyway any suggestions on when to host the jobs? Was Two Bros open to include the jobs @omarcomin71@pete_95973 ?

4 hours ago, Lann said:

Read through the thread looking for a date to host the jobs, i thought we talked about it but maybe it was not in here.. anyway any suggestions on when to host the jobs? Was Two Bros open to include the jobs @omarcomin71@pete_95973 ?

If we aim for The 4th of June we could give everyone a bit more time.  Plus @pete_95973should be available as well.  However the Two Bros time slot is open to any week we can all decide on. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, omarcomin71 said:

If we aim for The 4th of June we could give everyone a bit more time.  Plus @pete_95973should be available as well.  However the Two Bros time slot is open to any week we can all decide on. 

Sounds pretty pretty good!

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Lann said:

Alright, getting closer to showdown. Any interest in a testing session tonight at the SRL slot?

Yes. But depends on how IRL treats me.... Will know about 30min before.

• Like 1

I have my job ready to publish. I don't really want to publish just yet as I want to save it for the event. It's nothing special which is why I want to save the uneventful reveal for the event..., but I wouldnt mind testing it with a few people at some point just to check the hill locations.

I won't be able to join SRL unfortunately, so if anyone is free before or after 2Bros next week then I'll host it then for a few people interested in helping me test.

• Like 1

Published mine

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/dMwgmJTRlUu0gYZNK8kAdA

Race for the Vagrant. I've left customs available, Vagrant only. But assuming not eveyone has a custom, customs should be off. Maybe best that way anyway. It's mix of tarmac and stunt track. Not to be taken too seriously. Has a couple of jumps and narrow sections. Leave catchup on, slitpstream should be OK.

Lets see hwo it tests.

Like Schumi, I may be available for testing later.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So are we still on for this Saturday? 
It seems this thread has been a bit quite.  
I’m still okay for this week however @pete_95973and I have a wedding to attend that evening and may have to cut out early.  
If everyone needs some more time,  postponing the event another couple weeks would be good too. 
I know @Beezwill not be available the 12th.  The 19th may be good. 

Any thoughts? Thanks! 🙂

Hey everyone.  You may not be able to count on me getting my job made.  These days I am busy with work and weddings and IRL stuff quite a bit.  Additionally my wife will be having surgery soon and her stay in the hospital and recovery time will keep me occupied.  As it is right now I am only in game an hour or two a week outside Two Bros. I haven't even attended WOW in a few weeks which is one of my favorite events.  And what little time I have, I have been spending playing.  I jumped in the creator once to start my race and got rather frustrated.  Part of the problem is I have never created a race.  At this point it is feeling more like a chore.  So if someone else wants to create a GTA race at LSIA feel free.  There is a real strong chance I won't get this completed in the coming weeks.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

33 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

Hey everyone.  You may not be able to count on me getting my job made.  These days I am busy with work and weddings and IRL stuff quite a bit.  Additionally my wife will be having surgery soon and her stay in the hospital and recovery time will keep me occupied.  As it is right now I am only in game an hour or two a week outside Two Bros. I haven't even attended WOW in a few weeks which is one of my favorite events.  And what little time I have, I have been spending playing.  I jumped in the creator once to start my race and got rather frustrated.  Part of the problem is I have never created a race.  At this point it is feeling more like a chore.  So if someone else wants to create a GTA race at LSIA feel free.  There is a real strong chance I won't get this completed in the coming weeks.

I hope your wife is alright and wish her all the best.

I think we should wait to host this so everyone can be there. Im pretty sure a few more weeks cant be a problem, and gives people time to tweek their jobs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

All the best wishes to your Mrs! Dont worry about the creator, all that will still be here, and so will we. Any stress, just drop it. 💙

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2021 at 4:44 PM, omarcomin71 said:

So are we still on for this Saturday? 
It seems this thread has been a bit quite.  
I’m still okay for this week however @pete_95973and I have a wedding to attend that evening and may have to cut out early.  
If everyone needs some more time,  postponing the event another couple weeks would be good too. 
I know @Beezwill not be available the 12th.  The 19th may be good. 

Any thoughts? Thanks! 🙂

19th sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...

OK we’ll go ahead with what we have in this weeks Two Bros playlist. If anyone would like to host this event they are certainly welcomed. 
I have links from @PretendWereDead @Beez @djw180 @Jjss924 @Skorpion

Anyone else? @Dodge @RammsteinDUDE @Con @Banketelli @TheFox2000unit?

@Lannand @Schumi6581 are your jobs ready to play? 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 2