Spinn the wheel - a creators event.

Lann

1 hour ago, Lann said:

I also started on my job, drawing at work. 

Reveal hidden contents

uDoGE6z.jpg

I have also started... I am creating it in (1 million) iterations. Also called "trial and error" 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

I have also started... I am creating it in (1 million) iterations. Also called "trial and error" 😆

I hired a project manager 😁

Edit: There you go! Pretty basic capture, inspired by Grab a Cab, which is a nice capture in my opinion.

Placement of weapons, health, armor and actors need some fine tuning, so shoot!

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/lzrv88StK0iUtWpzIehPog

Edited by PretendWereDead
  • Haha 1

I have a job published, will look to try it out so see what needs tweaking. Its a king of the hill in Paleto, four Vapid Sandking (at 25% health) as "hills" to capture and hold, while the hunters have all 3 types of snipers available. Right now its team king of the hill, but it might work better as a regular king of the hill.

2_0.jpg

Description

Part of the big five, the lively vapid lurk viciously upon the plains of north Paleto. Weaken to 25% filled with fiery self-preservation adrenaline, find yourself in one you best bail before you blow. 2-4 teams, 10 min.

• Like 1

Important to test the jobs outside the (sometimes broken) creator. Vehicles set to 25% health blow up in two hits in creator.. takes 10-15 hits when trying the job. Idea fails. 

Two questions..

1. Can a different vehicle than spun be used as a prop, locked to all players?

2. I'm assuming health, armour, and parachute pickups are not part of the weapon restrictions?

Not sure yet if either will matter to my job just yet, but Ive had a few ideas that might involve those things so just checking. Ive had a bit of a mess around in creator this arvo, but so far my ideas are either too complex, dont fit the area, or are so simple itd be boring.

Guess I have something to do this weekend at least lol.

Edited by Skorpion

49 minutes ago, Skorpion said:

Two questions..

1. Can a different vehicle than spun be used as a prop, locked to all players?

2. I'm assuming health, armour, and parachute pickups are not part of the weapon restrictions?

Not sure yet if either will matter to my job just yet, but Ive had a few ideas that might involve those things so just checking. Ive had a bit of a mess around in creator this arvo, but so far my ideas are either too complex, dont fit the area, or are so simple itd be boring.

Guess I have something to do this weekend at least lol.

Yes, no problem, fine to use on both questions.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lann said:

Important to test the jobs outside the (sometimes broken) creator. Vehicles set to 25% health blow up in two hits in creator.. takes 10-15 hits when trying the job. Idea fails. 

New idea created.

ojh1thI.jpg

• Like 4

Does the RON windfarm area on the wheel include the power station area as well? I can’t tell from looking at the wheel.

4 hours ago, Beez said:

Does the RON windfarm area on the wheel include the power station area as well? I can’t tell from looking at the wheel.

I would say nope.
8bgjEbx.jpg

• Thanks 1

Anyone know of a way to force the game not to use a spawn point? Does it work to place it far away from the rest or place an object on it?

A way to place spawn points closer together than the game normally allows would also do it. Only glitch I can find was patched years ago.

Edited by Banketelli

8 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Anyone know of a way to force the game not to use a spawn point? Does it work to place it far away from the rest or place an object on it?

A way to place spawn points closer together than the game normally allows would also do it. Only glitch I can find was patched years ago.

No answer, but maybe placing it way off and put a prop all over it. Will happily help testing it!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

33 minutes ago, Lann said:

No answer, but maybe placing it way off and put a prop all over it. Will happily help testing it!

I'd be very cautious about placing spawns way off or under props. There are glitches (especially in captures, so maybe DMs OK?), that can make you spawn well away from the actual game area, on land in a boat, under props you are meant to be on top of etc. So I don't think it does any checks that the spawn point is actually in a reasonable location.

What is it that you're trying to achieve by this? Maybe there's another way to get same result?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I'd be very cautious about placing spawns way off or under props. There are glitches (especially in captures, so maybe DMs OK?), that can make you spawn well away from the actual game area, on land in a boat, under props you are meant to be on top of etc. So I don't think it does any checks that the spawn point is actually in a reasonable location.

What is it that you're trying to achieve by this? Maybe there's another way to get same result?

I'm afraid you're right.

Spoiler

The job is a normal deathmatch for 16 players using snipers. There are 16 platforms and I only want players to spawn on those. Alone. Problem is that I need to place 32 spawn points and there's only room for 1 per platform.

E1G2fuuXIAUKhrT?format=jpg&name=large

I've thought about making the platforms bigger to fit 2 spawn points, and then hope the game will go for the spawns furthest from each other and spawn people on each their platform. But I doubt that will work.

E1G5mq-XEAQkQEj?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Banketelli