1979 Rallye De Paleto January 6th 20:30GMT 21:30CET PS4

SkyeDave

1282260174_FrontPage.jpeg.97ce0dea6ae179ea513de6e147f80955.jpeg

Car No. 4 Air Herler Tropos Rallye driven by @mulder

The Inaugural Rallye De Paleto will be held this Wednesday 6th January.

Where is it?

paletopostcard-gtav-28e3.jpg.36fd897bf49b5f03f3cb416b6713830b.jpg

Paleto Bay is a quaint little town in the North of Blaine County, San Andreas.  It's Northwest of Paleto Forest and at the foot of Mount Chiliad.  It's mixture of great shops and amusements as well as the Procopio Beach making it a great place to visit for the whole family. 

What is it?

PALETOMAP.thumb.jpg.f79c1f2672bbda6f55e8d2dac35911c2.jpg

Set over 3 gruelling stages totalling more than 35miles the Rallye De Paleto promises to break cars as well as spirits as it winds through the Paleto Forest, Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness, Raton Canyon, Cassidy Creek, the Alamo Sea, Mount Josiah and the Grand Señora Desert. 

It's a multiclass event with cars and drivers from all over the country taking part and racing on the same course at the same time.  Cars will be released in pairs at 30 second intervals with the slower cars at the beginning through to the faster cars near the end meaning everyone will converge near the finishing line in the heart of Paleto Bay for an epic finish of each stage.

Who is in it?

40694700_EntryList.png.e19ac182937f04705dea17d7e507b3ed.png

Vapid Retinue MkI driven by @djw180

1903522395_ENTRYLIST1.jpeg.6ae2769539f3d2500e8dc44239bf4027.jpeg

Although there will be over 50 entries in total we'll be closely following 15 of the entrants, each one in a different type of car.

Here are some of the favourites:

First off the line:83474274_VULCARNEBULA.jpg.5480d56e597d1003c6909225a1a17dcf.jpg

Closely followed by:  @Spinnaker1981

1370866377_WeenyIssi.thumb.png.264463b56a6db7c21fdd123447055226.png

and @zmurko

BurgerSHOT.png.b8f36756a4aadd01aae904a34853f8c5.png

Then amongst the middle of the pack @omarcomin71will be driving:

Cheburek.png.a45b9ad02a86cdbef1df8a47383ae86a.png

and will be starting alongside the 190Z of @DavidCore89

190Z.thumb.jpg.fdb66c6793cd9b00c70d5adbe242c396.jpg

@Mark Verstappenwill be driving:

1074323294_ZionClassic.png.5fede51c9f9808d35ab0abc893e4c7bf.png

alongside @Protocawldriving for a works team:

2093016549_ScreenShot2021-01-03at16_28_10.png.4870cef5eabab784c3c6b853b2b48dd1.png

@Lannwill be in car No. 12

Savestra.png.c2030b548e635d903613b2c5e0241f43.png

@Pauliehas just announced he will be driving for:

718073097_BFCLUB.png.8fa8b0f9111843af2ab84301822ab678.png

He'll be paired up with @CatManDozadriving:

2106439431_MkIIRetinue.thumb.jpg.6b0e46822d8cb664f2b55f05e2c4b528.jpg

And then the last cars leave to chase the rest down including, driven by @Warriors-Ten the debut of: 196764284_OBEYOMNIS.thumb.jpg.6f94ecfa72543e7dbe26007cc721b5c2.jpg

@Beezwill be racing for Redwood:493311054_ScreenShot2021-01-02at01_29_55.png.c5af769e844d8f09c021f9c0cb418176.png

Credit to https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

for the logos and maps.

THE SMALL PRINT

We're limited to 16 players as it's a transform race to allow us to race multiple classes.

We'll have 15 racers each in a different type of car and I'll probably be flying round in a helicopter filming and making people nervous.

Full instructions and a very brief tutorial will be given on the night before we start.  

We'll be racing non contact as the roads are tight, twisty and fairly unforgiving as it is.

So don a classic racing suit and an open face helmet  (it's 1979 after all) then...

Pick a race number and a livery/sponsor from the Entry List above and comment to enter.

The event is prioritising VANS, XDBX and SRL for starters but if we struggle to get 16 we'll open it up to anyone else.

COMPETITORS:  Between each pairing is a gap of 30 seconds at the start until the final 3 cars.  The stages have been timed in roughly in each car meaning the faster cars will be catching the slower cars by the end.  So anyone in any car who gets a real fast clean run through the stages has a chance of winning.

VULCAR NEBULA TURBO: TBD

VULCAR FAGALOA: TBD

NO 57 BURGER SHOT DECLASSE STALLION: @zmurko

NO. 69 WEENY ISSI :  @Spinnaker1981

NO. 105 CHERENKOV VODKA RUNE CHEBUREK @omarcomin71

NO. 305  AMIGAS/KARIN PERFORMANCE KARIN 190Z:  @DavidCore89

No. 54 LAMPADATI WORKS TEAM MICHELLI GT:  @Protocawl

NO. 3 CERVEZA BARRACHO UBERMACHT ZION @Mark Verstappen

NO. 12 SPENDERS SAVESTRA @Lann

VAPID RETINUE MkI @djw180

NO. 83 DUSCHE GOLD RALLY BF CLUB -  @Paulie

NO. 16 JAKEYS LAGER RETINUE MkII:  @CatManDoza

NO 1. GLOBE OIL OBEY OMNIS: @Warriors-Ten

NO 4 AIR HERLER TROPOS RALLYE:  @mulder

NO 19 REDWOOD COMET SAFARI: @Beez

Finally here is a brief if slightly boring video to show the starting procedure and transform checkpoints although we will go through it on the night.  The green traffic lights not the start line change every 30 seconds so everyone lines up in order and then the cars go every time the lights change.

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Like 6

Wow, great post. So much work must have gone into this with the vintage photos and classic rally logo. I’ve made a few of those myself, they’re fun to make. I’ll take 19 Redwood Comet if available. I’ve tried to make mine look like the Rothmans 959 from the Paris-Dakar Rally. Sunday the 2021 Dakar Rally kicks off and I think there is a vintage class for the first time and a 959 is running.

Edited by Beez
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Beez said:

Wow, great post. So much work must have gone into this with the vintage photos and classic rally logo. I’ve made a few of those myself, they’re fun to make. I’ll take 19 Redwood Comet if available. I’ve tried to make mine look like the Rothmans 929 from the Paris-Dakar Rally. Sunday the 2021 Dakar Rally kicks off and I think there is a vintage class for the first time and a 929 is running.

Excellent choice.  I can't take credit for the logos, they're from the https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/ page.  The Comet Safari is indeed available and you said such kind things I've added you to the featured entrants!

• Like 1

The Zion Classic number #3 Ubermacht Team Cerveza Barracho will be present!

Just have to put some different rims on and it'll be back to 1979 rally spec! 😀👍

Aber zuerst, zeit für einen Tee.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Won’t be able to make it @SkyeDave but this looks epic, well impressed with the layout, format and presentation 👍

Thanks @JuniorChubb.  If only I'd spent as much time making the tracks as I did making the post.  Still, it'll be too late by the time they all realise.  You shall be missed, I knew I should have put a Futo in........

• Haha 1

I can't guarantee being there at the start, but if it's OK I'll join as soon as I can with the Retinue MK I.

I'll likely miss the instructions and be off-mic. I assume there is a transform CP for each car taking part (not in the default class) and we go to the one for our car, then return to behind the start line?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

I can't guarantee being there at the start, but if it's OK I'll join as soon as I can with the Retinue MK I.

I'll likely miss the instructions and be off-mic. I assume there is a transform CP for each car taking part (not in the default class) and we go to the one for our car, then return to behind the start line?

Nice one DJ. That's great news you're coming along.  Yes, that's the gist of it.  Good news is the default class is Sports Classics so you just pick your Retinue at the start then follow the regular checkpoints to the start line.  I imagine there'll be a fair bit of faffing about at the start so we should be able to hold off a bit until you join us.  Let us know what livery/race number you'll be using.

• Like 1

@SkyeDave that Zion picture is from the Cortes de Ingles Rally spec over on Gran Canaria in Europe! But we have competed with the USA/Paleto spec car in the Oregon Rally before! 😉

Eq0kdqqXIAAsgBa?format=jpg&name=large

© Coquille Sentinel

• Like 1

My Rentinue has the Retro Rally no 64 livery. I would post a picture but I'm currently locked out of my twitter account I use for that for unknown reasons (unless only using it for PSN screen shots counts as spamming?!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, djw180 said:

My Rentinue has the Retro Rally no 64 livery. I would post a picture but I'm currently locked out of my twitter account I use for that for unknown reasons (unless only using it for PSN screen shots counts as spamming?!)

Excellent. The livery they is, not twitters absurdl policy rules. Thanks DJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lann said:

@SkyeDaveare we meeting up in a pre lobby with our cars?

Hi @Lann.  Yeah, I'll set up a crew lobby beforehand and we can all meet up in Paleto Bay.  The car park opposite Beekers Garage where they hold the Chicken Pageant.  I believe it's Paleto Bays favoured event space for hire.

I'm not surprised no one has taken the Nebula Turbo, it looks like a great Rally car but honestly it isn't.  If no one else shows a late interest I'll take the Fagaloa or the Nebula Turbo.  If we do get two more people I wouldn't be totally averse to a wild card entry where someone takes car that's already been picked as long as it's got a different number.

I have to say the inner Russian in me is getting excited for today’s event.  
With Cherenkov as my sponsor I just may have to break out the vodka before I buckle up. 😁

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ujxn44zopcad0oo2na

• Haha 5

On 1/5/2021 at 8:23 PM, Lann said:

This is simply awesome @SkyeDave!

So is it correct that there is only have room for two more participants, both Vulcar enthusiasts? Maybe @Schumi6581 and @PretendWereDead, both known  fans of everything from switzerland.

I like my IWC and Milka chocolate, but that’s about it 😉

unfortunately I’m not available 😕

• Haha 1