GTA6 Rumors

JustHatched

If you run across any rumors for GTA6 that look like it could actually be something post the link

I read this article, pretty interesting read suggesting GTA6 as late as 2024, I could see that, GTAV isn't going to die anytime quick I don't with the PS5 rehash coming

https://www.techradar.com/news/gta-6-release-date-news-and-rumors-mapping-the-path-to-grand-theft-auto-6

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 year later...

Looking like it will be released in 2024. 

They said they are expecting a 14% revenue increase, which is billions of dollars, that year and the release of a huge game would make that happen. 

Was recently stated that the game was pretty far into development before they lost direction and stalled. Apparently they have figured out what they want to do and things are back on track. 

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Should also keep in mind that they did NOT say part 6 was coming. This “Next entry”could be anything. 

Even though they didn't say it, that tweet was definitely about GTA6. Internet had been going crazy with all kinds of sh*t the weeks prior. 

Plus, with GTA trilogy out of the way, what else could it be ? I heard things about a GTA 4 remaster but after the trilogy debacle, R* would be wise to not rush that and focus on what everyone wants instead. 

Just saying it's far too early to get hyped just to see GTAO part 2 come out. I expect part 6 but the way this company operates today I won't be surprised to see something else.

It's like all the insane things I keep seeing about the upcoming E&E edition. People expecting huge changes and fixes, engine swaps, etc. Setting themselves up for a huge disappointment when all they see is the same old *ss PS3 game with slightly prettier graphics.

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 1

Not being specific about if it's GTA6 or not just further reinforces my expectation that GTA6 wont arrive until some time around 2030.

GTAO is hugely profitable even now, and is still gaining new players to buy shark cards. R* have no competition for a game like this, so why would they give up the income on the current title in order to bring out a new one when they can continue to milk it with small updates and bring out GTA6 when GTAO finally stops being profitable.

I hope I'm wrong.