The World Nations Cup

SkyeDave

Come join us this final Wednesday in August for the World Nations Cup, an incredibly convoluted, complicated but ultimately rewarding format for a mid week nights racing.  

We will be pitting the biggest manufacturers from all over the world across 6 classes to find out who makes the fastest cars.  As is customary the host nation, The United States,  won't be competing as they are hosting this years event in San Andreas.  

Once you pick what nation you are driving for you are limited to using their cars over the whole night.  Some nations are stronger than other others in some classes.  Each nation is fastest in at least one class.  It would be massively beneficial if you owned at least one car in each class so we don't have to spawn cars in.  Also, a couple of the rally stages may need to be non contact.   The most competitive cars are listed below but you can race anything from your nation if you prefer.

We'll meet at the Pacific Bluffs Country Club.

So check over the manufacturer list, pick your nation and comment below to sign up

Any questions, queries or additional ideas for the night please feel free to post.

Germany

Represented by Benefactor, Pfister, BF, Ubermacht and Obey

Super: Krieger

Sports: Comet SR, Schlagen GT

Sports Classic: Stirling GT, Zion Classic

Rally: Comet Safari, Omnis, Sentinel Classic

Classic Rally: Stirling GT, Zion Classic

Compacts: Club, Panto

Great Britain

Represented by Progen, Dewbauchee, Ocelot, Vapid(UK), Weeny and Enus

Super: Emerus, Vagner, XA-21

Sports: Pariah, Jugular, Paragon R

Sports Classic: Rapid GT Classic, Retinue II, sw*nger

Rally: Flash GT, Issi Sport, GB200

Classic Rally: Retinue, Retinue II

Compacts:  Issi, Asbo, Issi Classic

Italy

Represented by Grotti, Pegassi, Lampadati and Principe.

Super: Deveste8, Zorrusso, Tigon

Sports: Itali GTO

Sports Classic: Cheetah Classic, Turismo Classic

Rally: Tropos Rallye

Classic Rally: Michelli GT, GT500

Compacts: Brioso R/A

Japan

Represented by Annis, Karin, Dinka and Emperor

Super: S80RR, RE7B, ETR1

Sports: Elegy RH8, Sultan Classic, Elegy Retro

Sports Classic: Savestra, 190z

Rally: Sultan Classic

Classic Rally: Savestra, 190z

Compacts: Blista Kanjo.

Catman - Germany

Stappen - Germany

DoubleG - Germany

Mulder - Japan

Trashbaga - Japan

Challenger - Japan

Badingaa - Japan

Spinnaker - GB

Salad - GB

Neka Umbreon - GB

Paulie - Italy

Warriors - Italy

AlexHat - Italy

SkyeDave Italy (unless someone doesn't show and then I'll swap)

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Well played. 

As a man born and bred British for 33 years, I of course will be representing Germany. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I think it’s a stupid idea and sounds as boring as hell. But I checked my calendar and it turns out I’m free on Wednesday so I suppose I’ll come along to keep the numbers up. I’ll race for Japan 🇯🇵

• Haha 3

Great format. I Will make an effort to be online and up to the task. 

though, can I point out that the Deveste 8 is based on an Emirates car, and the Asbo can either be vauxhaul or Opel, which makes it german instead of GB. 

Also, no USA? Given that the USA has the most extensive list of cars in GTA, seems odd that they are excluded from this..😂

also, book me a spot in GB, because Portugal only makes footbalers, not race car drivers... . 😂

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Great format. I Will make an effort to be online and up to the task. 

though, can I point out that the Deveste 8 is based on an Emirates car, and the Asbo can either be vauxhaul or Opel, which makes it german instead of GB. 

Also, no USA? Given that the USA has the most extensive list of cars in GTA, seems odd that they are excluded from this..😂

also, book me a spot in GB, because Portugal only makes footbalers, not race car drivers... . 😂

Hi Spinnaker!  Will be great to have you along.

The Deveste8 is manufactured by Principe in the GTA universe who are an Italian brand.  They also make the Piaggio based on the Vespa and a couple of motorbikes based on Ducatis.  It makes sense to include it because of balance in the Supers class.

The Maxwell Asbo is far more likely to be a Vauxhall Corsa than an Opel.  Maxwell = Vauxhall.  ASBO is an abbreviation for Anti Social Behaviour Order which is something chavs in the UK get.  Chavs who are commonly associated with Vauxhall Corsas.

If it was a German car it would have been called a Asozial Verhaltensordnung which doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

It's good to include it as British rather than German because any German is going to pick the Club anyway which would make the Asbo redundant.

Deep Breath.

Ok, finally.  The USA.  I've essentially excluded them because of balance.  They have no even remotely decent super car, not much in the way of sports, no rally cars unless you start splitting Vapid UK and Vapid US.  

They have loads of Muscle cars, but no other country does.  Loads of off roaders but Italy doesn't have any.  SUVs, great but Japan don't have any.....

Portugal may not make race drivers but they had their first MotoGP win today.  From 3rd to 1st on the last corner.  It was amazing.  You should check it out if you haven't seen it already.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

The Deveste8 is manufactured by Principe in the GTA universe who are an Italian brand.  They also make the Piaggio based on the Vespa and a couple of motorbikes based on Ducatis.  It makes sense to include it because of balance in the Supers class.

The Maxwell Asbo is far more likely to be a Vauxhall Corsa than an Opel.  Maxwell = Vauxhall.  ASBO is an abbreviation for Anti Social Behaviour Order which is something chavs in the UK get.  Chavs who are commonly associated with Vauxhall Corsas.

If it was a German car it would have been called a Asozial Verhaltensordnung which doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

It's good to include it as British rather than German because any German is going to pick the Club anyway which would make the Asbo redundant.

Deep Breath.

Ok, finally.  The USA.  I've essentially excluded them because of balance.  They have no even remotely decent super car, not much in the way of sports, no rally cars unless you start splitting Vapid UK and Vapid US.  

They have loads of Muscle cars, but no other country does.  Loads of off roaders but Italy doesn't have any.  SUVs, great but Japan don't have any.....

Portugal may not make race drivers but they had their first MotoGP win today.  From 3rd to 1st on the last corner.  It was amazing.  You should check it out if you haven't seen it already.

TLDR

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SkyeDave said:

Deep Breath.

Perfect explanation, I stand corrected. 
And, yes, Miguel had a good race, and Felix da Costa on Formula E did very good as well, but we are not exactly known by our racecar pilots, unless we can use  Brasil as sort of Portugal... ... 😂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Awesome @SkyeDave I am looking forward to this!

Seeing nobody went for Italy as of yet I will be the balance-it-out guy  and represent the Italian Tricolore 😎

What-a-mistake-a-to-make-a.jpg

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Paulie said:

Awesome @SkyeDave I am looking forward to this!

Seeing nobody went for Italy as of yet I will be the balance-it-out guy  and represent the Italian Tricolore 😎

I will join Paulie on team Italia! 

• Like 2

Was just about to go for Italy myself! I'll take Japan please for now. 

Edit: should also point out i now have a working PS4 so I should be there.

Edit2: AlexHat29 (you might remember him from the scavenger hunt) would like to show his interest (for Italy as well) but he's having an issue of needing to post 10 times before he can post in the VANS thread? 

Edited by Challenger001
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Challenger001 said:

Well it would be a bit wierd if you were signing up with your broken one

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Challenger001 said:

Edit2: AlexHat29 (you might remember him from the scavenger hunt) would like to show his interest (for Italy as well) but he's having an issue of needing to post 10 times before he can post in the VANS thread? 

Alex won’t be able to post in the VANS section until he gets an invite to join.

This will happen over time if his attendance becomes regular on Wednesdays.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Looks like a great event. Unfortunately I can’t join, I’m going out this evening to watch my little brother’s football match. Also worth mentioning that I will not be joining any events for about 3 weeks because I’m in the middle of moving house. Me and my little brother have bought a new house together and we are doing some renovations etc. So after I’ve moved to my new crib I’ll be back for more events. Hope you all have a great day 😎

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Challenger001 said:

Cool.  As long as Alex has read the thread and know what cars he need to have it'll be great to have him along!

• Like 1

Is the Schafter V12 going to be allowed in the Sports Class?

Also, I though Germany was looking good for a decent result. Then I noticed Catman had signed up for Germany as well. Are we doing fastest two from each team in the results? As Catman frequently abandons races half way through and/or doesn't start to let the dog out/go off and shout at children/fetch alcohol etc. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

As Catman frequently abandons races half way through and/or doesn't start to let the dog out/go off and shout at children/fetch alcohol etc. 

back door is constantly open at the mo, kids are in bed early this week for back to school, no alcohol tonight. Should be reet