The World Nations Cup

SkyeDave

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

back door is constantly open at the mo

What you do in your spare time is your own business. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

What you do in your spare time is your own business. 

Edited by CatManDoza

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Final question - should we at least try to dress and paint the cars in national colours? Green for GB, Red for Italy, White for Japan and Silver for Germany?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Is the Schafter V12 going to be allowed in the Sports Class?

Also, I though Germany was looking good for a decent result. Then I noticed Catman had signed up for Germany as well. Are we doing fastest two from each team in the results? As Catman frequently abandons races half way through and/or doesn't start to let the dog out/go off and shout at children/fetch alcohol etc. 

The V12 is eligible. There is absolutely nothing banned at all. The only stipulation is that you stick to your country of origin. It's a rare opporttunity to racePariahs, Itali GTOs and Supercars we'd normally never touch.  

As for Team scoring, right now it's looking most likely that I'll end up for team GB which will give us three people on each team so I'll take everyones results into account.  If we get any later sign ups then we'll only take the top 3.  So if @Catman is gonna Catman then you know, Catman, I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Challenger001 said:

Final question - should we at least try to dress and paint the cars in national colours? Green for GB, Red for Italy, White for Japan and Silver for Germany?

You absolutely can if you like but I'm not going to force anyone to spend $ks on losing and reinstating racing liveries.  I love my liveries.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

So if @Catman is gonna Catman then you know, Catman, I'm afraid.

don't worry, Catman won't catman, unless he really needs to catman!

• Like 1

I know the teams are pretty even in numbers now, so I'm here to ruin that. Japan please, if that's alright 🇯🇵 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badingaaa said:

I know the teams are pretty even in numbers now, so I'm here to ruin that. Japan please, if that's alright 🇯🇵 

Haha, excellent.  I knew you'd be here.  If it wan't you it would have been me messing up the neat teams.

9 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

apppologies @SkyeDave meds i'm on at moment r messing my head up didnt even realise it was wednesday and just woke up also my bad hope u had a good night 

don't worry yourself pal, I know how much trouble your legs giving you!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

don't worry yourself pal, I know how much trouble your legs giving you!

driving me nuts and hate missing wednesdays sesh

6 minutes ago, mulder said:

Sorry to hear that @Trashbags, hope it’s better soon👍. As for the evening, don’t worry, Dave organised it so you didn’t miss much. 😁

f*ckin hell, your fast becoming my new favourite person. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

apppologies @SkyeDave meds i'm on at moment r messing my head up didnt even realise it was wednesday and just woke up also my bad hope u had a good night 

No worries Trash, hope you get better soon!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Challenger001 said:

Thanks for hosting this Dave, was a great deal of fun! Any news on which nation won?

There's been a media blackout while every nation tries to bend the figures to prove they won. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

There's been a media blackout while every nation tries to bend the figures to prove they won. 

I heard north Korea were declared winners after a sizeable postal order was processed in your name

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Challenger001 Seriously though I hope to get some results up soon. I’m just snowed under within well abit this week including a sizeable amount of data entry in the evenings  which had put me off opening up a racing spreadsheet when I’m done. Still, it’ll just help build the suspense.

• Like 1

So, the 2020 nations cup this year would be contested by Germany, Italy, Japan and GB. Each team would have three racers. Lets see how the teams lined up.

Racing for Germany: @Mark Verstappen, @doubleg213 and @CatManDoza

Racing for Italy:  @Pauliel, @AlexHat29 and @Warriors-Ten

Racing for Japan: @badingaaa, @mulder and @Challenger001.

Racing for GB:  @Spinnaker1981, @SkyeDave and Neka.  Spinn would have to leave before the end but was handily substituted by Salad.

Honourable mentions go to @Trashbags for sleeping in for a 9pm start and @Aslad  showing up late which meant that despite just spending over $2m on a Lampadati Super car and an tricolour race suit Dave had to switch to team GB. 

Race 1 was Supercars at the Fine Grapes circuit, a home race for the Italians, which meant they started at the front.  Alex would finish highest for the Italians in 4th in a Tigon as they couldn’t match the pace of the other nations.  Paulie was 6thin the Zorrusso and Warriors a lowly 11th.

The Germans started from the back of the grid. DoubleG and Catman made use of the Kriegers supercar superiority and mangaged to get to 2nd and 6th respectively.  Verstappen failed to take advantage by choosing the geographically correct but utterly underwhelming Ubermacht SC1.  He managed some surprisingly competitive laps to bring it home in 8th.

The brits had a chance to Rival the Kriegers with the Emerus but only Spinnaker had bought one.  He managed his first podium of the evening.  Dave took the XA-21, a fast car in the right hands.  It wasn’t in the right hands.  He finished 9thbehind Stappens SC1.  Neka chose the Vagner and faired even worse.

This left the Japanese.  With only the Italians ahead of them on the grid they hoped to make some inroads in a trio of S80RRs.  The twisty bits at the top track were equally kind and cruel to Badingaa who despite the fastest lap finished 10th.  Mulder didn’t fair much better with a 7th but it was Challenger who got ahead of the Italians early and manages to fend off any competition taking the win by a comfortable 5 seconds.

With 4 different nationalities in the first four positions the competition was well and truly underway.

Race 2 Sports cars at @JuniorChubbMt Panorama Circuit. 

The Japanese started at the front with tow generations of Elegy and Jester race car.  The white and red cars were good in the corners but were getting pummelled down the straights by everyone else.  Mulder nearly managed to hold on to 4thbut was pipped by a Pariah at the last second.  Challenger and Badingaa fell down to 8th and 9th respectively.

Those Pariahs of course belonged to the Brits.  Their unbelievable speed down the straights mant that in the hands of a good driver (Spinnaker) it was good enough for 2nd place and even in the hands of someone who couldn’t drive it properly (Dave) it would manage a 4th.  Unfortunately Neka brought the wrong Ocelot, the Lynx. It’s slow but it looked good and everyone knew it looked good because they were all watching it when it DNFd.

The Italians started from the back in the Itali GTOs. They were fast but unpredictable and didn’t manage to make much headway through the battled up ahead.  Paulie managed 6th and Warriors 7th.  Alex managed 10th, ahead of the aforementioned Lynx and the only car sporting a roof rack.

Germany, Catman, 8F Drafter, Roof rack, 11th.  DoubleG and Mark Verstappen brought the right car despite everyone assuming DoubleG would bring a certain V12.  The Comet SR.  Not as quick down the straights, but the corners, oh the corners.  Double G got his 2nd podium in 2 races with a  3rd whilst Stappen got away early and disappeared off into the distance finishing 13 seconds ahead and with a fastest lap a whole second quicker than anybody else.

Tune in for races 3 & 4 soon, my pizza has just arrived.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

So, the 2020 nations cup this year would be contested by Germany, Italy, Japan and GB. Each team would have three racers. Lets see how the teams lined up.

Racing for Germany: @Mark Verstappen, @doubleg213 and @CatManDoza

Racing for Italy:  @Pauliel, @AlexHat29 and @Warriors-Ten

Racing for Japan: @badingaaa, @mulder and @Challenger001.

Racing for GB:  @Spinnaker1981, @SkyeDave and Neka.  Spinn would have to leave before the end but was handily substituted by Salad.

Honourable mentions go to @Trashbags for sleeping in for a 9pm start and @Aslad  showing up late which meant that despite just spending over $2m on a Lampadati Super car and an tricolour race suit Dave had to switch to team GB. 

Race 1 was Supercars at the Fine Grapes circuit, a home race for the Italians, which meant they started at the front.  Alex would finish highest for the Italians in 4th in a Tigon as they couldn’t match the pace of the other nations.  Paulie was 6thin the Zorrusso and Warriors a lowly 11th.

The Germans started from the back of the grid. DoubleG and Catman made use of the Kriegers supercar superiority and mangaged to get to 2nd and 6th respectively.  Verstappen failed to take advantage by choosing the geographically correct but utterly underwhelming Ubermacht SC1.  He managed some surprisingly competitive laps to bring it home in 8th.

The brits had a chance to Rival the Kriegers with the Emerus but only Spinnaker had bought one.  He managed his first podium of the evening.  Dave took the XA-21, a fast car in the right hands.  It wasn’t in the right hands.  He finished 9thbehind Stappens SC1.  Neka chose the Vagner and faired even worse.

This left the Japanese.  With only the Italians ahead of them on the grid they hoped to make some inroads in a trio of S80RRs.  The twisty bits at the top track were equally kind and cruel to Badingaa who despite the fastest lap finished 10th.  Mulder didn’t fair much better with a 7th but it was Challenger who got ahead of the Italians early and manages to fend off any competition taking the win by a comfortable 5 seconds.

With 4 different nationalities in the first four positions the competition was well and truly underway.

Race 2 Sports cars at @JuniorChubbMt Panorama Circuit. 

The Japanese started at the front with tow generations of Elegy and Jester race car.  The white and red cars were good in the corners but were getting pummelled down the straights by everyone else.  Mulder nearly managed to hold on to 4thbut was pipped by a Pariah at the last second.  Challenger and Badingaa fell down to 8th and 9th respectively.

Those Pariahs of course belonged to the Brits.  Their unbelievable speed down the straights mant that in the hands of a good driver (Spinnaker) it was good enough for 2nd place and even in the hands of someone who couldn’t drive it properly (Dave) it would manage a 4th.  Unfortunately Neka brought the wrong Ocelot, the Lynx. It’s slow but it looked good and everyone knew it looked good because they were all watching it when it DNFd.

The Italians started from the back in the Itali GTOs. They were fast but unpredictable and didn’t manage to make much headway through the battled up ahead.  Paulie managed 6th and Warriors 7th.  Alex managed 10th, ahead of the aforementioned Lynx and the only car sporting a roof rack.

Germany, Catman, 8F Drafter, Roof rack, 11th.  DoubleG and Mark Verstappen brought the right car despite everyone assuming DoubleG would bring a certain V12.  The Comet SR.  Not as quick down the straights, but the corners, oh the corners.  Double G got his 2nd podium in 2 races with a  3rd whilst Stappen got away early and disappeared off into the distance finishing 13 seconds ahead and with a fastest lap a whole second quicker than anybody else.

Tune in for races 3 & 4 soon, my pizza has just arrived.

A write up to end all write ups. Well done sir, I shall tune into the second half hungover tomorrow 

Race 3 would see the Sports Classics on the B Roads Remastered.

The Italians would have been favourites here with the likes of the Turismo and the  Cheetah classic, but the combination of the handicap of starting right at the back (with an extra Dave induced delay) and the lack of top speed along the start finish straight had some questioning whether they’d remembered to install turbos.  They managed 6th, 7th, and 9th.

Ze Germans were always going to struggle in the Sports Classics class.  @Mark Verstappen and @CatManDoza chose the Zion Classic.  !0th and 11th were their reward.  @doubleg213 would fair much better in the awesome sounding Stirling GT with a 5th place.  

This would leave the Japanese and the Brits to fight it out for the top four positions.  A trio of Savestras would start at the front and would be hunted down by a pair of Rapid GT Classics as  Nekas Rapid GT was out of contention early on.  Dave managed to get his GT all the way up to 4th.  @Challenger001 started near the front but couldn’t capitalize like he did in the S80RR and after a couple of minor accidents fell down to 8th.  

For the top 3 then there would be two Savestras and a GT Classic but in what order?  It was hard to tell and took a bit of working out because the soon to be arriving @Asladsent me a message about his sister right as I was taking the screenshot of the results.

Here is what I deduced:  @Spinnaker1981 got the fastest lap, 3 seconds quicker than the nearest Savestra.  It was enough for him to catch and pass @mulder, beating him by 3 tenths at the end, but it wasn’t quick enough to catch @badingaaa who got his first and Japans second win of the night.  The top 3 then, Badingaa, Spinnaker and Mulder.  Two wins for the Japanese then meant that despite their poor showing at Mt Panorama they were back at the top.

Round 4 would be our first Rally event of the eveing at the Redwood Lights Rally Cross track.

The Germans were expected to struggle in the rally class and they did.  Catman and G took the Omnis and managed 7thand 12th.  Verstappen took the classic Stirling GT, the only car to make an appearance in the rally as well as the road race and managed an 8th.

The Italians were also expected to be out of contention with their Tropos Rallyes, once an excellent rally car but now overshadowed by the like of the Flash GT, Issi Sport and most recently the Sultan Classic.  @Warriors-Ten struggled and came home in 12th.  @AlexHat29 put in an excellent showing and finished in 6th.  @Paulie surpassed all expectations for Team Italia with a smooth race from start to finish on a track he knew well and brought the Tropos home for Italys first podium and an impressive 3rd place.

This again left the Brits and the Japanese to fight for the rest of the top spots.  The Japanese showed team spirit once again bringing a trio of the same car, this time the Sultan Classic.  The Brits weren’t really on the same page, Neka struggled in a twitchy GB200 and finished 11th.  Dave brought a Flash GT managed only 5th thanks to a couple of unplanned brexits.

The only thing that could take on the Sultan Classics would prove to be Spinnakers Issi Sport.  The Sultans were fast but they were wild and twitchy.  Too twitchy for Challenger who came home in 8th.  Too twitchy for Mulder who finished 4th(only half a tenth behind Paulies impressive run in the Tropos).  But was it too twitchy for Badingaa?  It was too twitchy for a win certainly. Badingaa would finish 2nd to the smoother and ultimately faster Issi Sport of Spinnaker. Spin got GBs first win of the night and an impressive fastest lap. 

3 winning nations from 4 races so far.  How would they fair in the Classic Rally point to point?  Join us after I've been to the fridge for another beer to find out.

• Like 4