Self isolating, no internet... what do you play?

JuniorChubb

I will struggle without PVP in my life.  But I would gladly replay RDR2 storyline.  I have not played Last of Us yet and I have not finished the new Battlefront story yet.

I also have some good sports games (MLB and The Golf Club) that can be fun offline against AI.

• Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Simple for me. I would continue gaming as normal. GTAO was the only online game I played.  Tried RDO but got bored with that turd pretty quick. 

So I would stick with my current Forza Horizon 4 grind 🙂

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

There was a lot of us playing Exiles before. We keep thinking it could be time for a revival. @JuniorChubb, @CatManDoza @Trashbags are we up for checking to see if our little empire still exists. 

I could be tempted to reinstall Conan for a reunion 

And if isolation happened i would immerse myself in the world of euro truck sim 2 and get the 100% map explore achievement and also finish rdr2 and days gone and rewatch my Stargate collection 

And miss my vans brothers 

• Like 2

I will probably play The Sims or Minecraft. And I have some horror games I still want play, stuff like Outlast and Alien 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

and rewatch my Stargate collection 

I used to love that show! Not thought about it in years.

8 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

I will probably play The Sims or Minecraft. And I have some horror games I still want play, stuff like Outlast and Alien 

I want to see that footage of you playing Alien Isolation!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

And listen to rammstein on repeat? 

Conan exiles for the win!! We should all meet for a cheeky half the crocodiles head pub! @Squirrel @JuniorChubb

• Like 3

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

9 minutes ago, Con said:

I want to see that footage of you playing Alien Isolation!

Not gonna happen!

6 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

duh of course haha

Edited by RammsteinDUDE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

I will struggle without PVP in my life.  But I would gladly replay RDR2 storyline.  I have not played Last of Us yet and I have not finished the new Battlefront story yet.

I also have some good sports games (MLB and The Golf Club) that can be fun offline against AI.

Last of Us is a good shout, I am pretty sure I have some Battlefront story mode to finish too. 👍

57 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

I could be tempted to reinstall Conan for a reunion 

And if isolation happened i would immerse myself in the world of euro truck sim 2 and get the 100% map explore achievement and also finish rdr2 and days gone and rewatch my Stargate collection 

And miss my vans brothers 

22 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Conan exiles for the win!! We should all meet for a cheeky half the crocodiles head pub! @Squirrel @JuniorChubb

Looks like it’s on! Fingers crossed I won’t have to delete anything to install it.

You do realise if Squizzel has still been playing it will be like Jeff Bezos hanging out with Józef Stawinoga.

@Danielle did you venture online?

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

14 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Looks like it’s on! Fingers crossed I won’t have to delete anything to install it.

You do realise if Squizzel has still been playing it will be like Jeff Bezos hanging out with Józef Stawinoga.

@Danielle did you venture online?

Yeah I have only played online, had my own server for 3 months but stopped playing by the time it needed renewing. Currently playing in some boosted German server, it's way too cheaty but it's nice for testing out the horses 😄 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

It wasn’t too much fun playing by myself. 

If the internet is strong enough I have no problem funding a server for the foreseeable future. Although it probably does mean starting again from scratch. 

Not sure how to buy a private server though 🤔 

Conan was a great game except for a lack of content at the time I played it. Is it much better now?

@Squirrel when I had a server, it was through a third party company. About $10 per month I think.

Edited by Jjss924
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jjss924 said:

@Squirrel when I had a server, it was through a third party company. About $10 per month I think.

I spend more than that on my lunches every day for work. Not going to the office will save me a fortune. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I spend more than that on my lunches every day for work. Not going to the office will save me a fortune. 

I paid around £40 for 3 months on g-portal, I think that's the only place you can get PS4 servers. You have to pay for a minimum of 20 spaces which is why it isn't as cheap as ARK etc.

10 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

Conan was a great game except for a lack of content at the time I played it. Is it much better now?

I'm not sure when you played but there's a few DLCs that were added (mostly cosmetic with a couple of dungeons) and recently they added horses which seem pretty cool so far. There's talk of a paid map DLC coming in the future as well. I only started playing after it was free with ps plus so I'm not sure what state it was in at the start.

Edited by Danielle

Sounds like we may have a little run...

@Danielle did your super server let you level up enough to take on any of the boss type beasts?

There was a huge snake in a temple we couldn’t kill, I always wondered what was in there, if there we cities populated with NPC’s, missions etc that would break up the material collection grind.

1 hour ago, Jjss924 said:

Lack of things to do was my gripe too, looks like there was lots to explore but kitting yourself up for expo was a chore.

I played around the time of official release. PvP was lame at the time due to game imbalances, and playing cooperatively with other players was basically just minecraft with slavery. It seemed to have a ton of potential though. Most mmo games are bad the first year or so, and it would be cool if they have cleaned it up.

• Like 1

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, stopped playing it after battling a werewolf with regenerating health, that chased and killed me no matter what. That's a damn fine dog if trained properly. Found out it was a bug along with a deafening constant high pitch audio tone.  Arkham Knight was also great but that car button layout made me rage quit playing it, doubt there was and changes made.

During this self-isolation period, I have turned to Pokemon Sword on my Switch. i got this game a few months back and is what I am currently playing and investing my time in. I also been on and off the PS4, on either Rocket League for a few matches or Shadow of Colossus, that I picked up off PS+ this month. I'm on my 7th boss so far 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoyFreak said:

During this self-isolation period, I have turned to Pokemon Sword on my Switch. i got this game a few months back and is what I am currently playing and investing my time in. I also been on and off the PS4, on either Rocket League for a few matches or Shadow of Colossus, that I picked up off PS+ this month. I'm on my 7th boss so far 😄

I got my son a switch lite... really considering one for myself now as I feel the Switch is a little pricey, decisions decisions!!

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

I got my son a switch lite... really considering one for myself now as I feel the Switch is a little pricey, decisions decisions!!

Yeah, this Switch isn't mine 😛 It's my little brothers but I have been considering in getting one for myself. I also thought of the lite, since it's pretty cheap and I do enjoy a handheld session, compared to connecting it to the TV (which is a nice addition) but I got my PS4 for that. So just like you I am in a predicament. The more I play on it the more I want to get the Switch and pay that little extra for a better experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Sounds like we may have a little run...

@Danielle did your super server let you level up enough to take on any of the boss type beasts?

There was a huge snake in a temple we couldn’t kill, I always wondered what was in there, if there we cities populated with NPC’s, missions etc that would break up the material collection grind.

Lack of things to do was my gripe too, looks like there was lots to explore but kitting yourself up for expo was a chore.

Hmm was it the one in the unnamed city or the sewer creature? There is a lot of dungeons with different difficulties but I've always managed to complete them without it being impossible. Obviously the more people you have the easier it is to do the dungeons. I prefer to play with settings that don't make everything a huge grind.

34 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

I played around the time of official release. PvP was lame at the time due to game imbalances, and playing cooperatively with other players was basically just minecraft with slavery. It seemed to have a ton of potential though. Most mmo games are bad the first year or so, and it would be cool if they have cleaned it up.

I've only been in one PvP server and it's not my thing. Building is one of the main reasons I play so having someone come and destroy my base while I'm offline isn't fun for me. I read that the game was a mess when it was first released so it has definitely improved a lot since then. It might be worth checking it out when you have the time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Hmm was it the one in the unnamed city or the sewer creature?

Unnamed City I think, @Squirrel will remember.

We went in with four of us, all kitted out but go demolished. 

14 minutes ago, JoyFreak said:

Yeah, this Switch isn't mine 😛 It's my little brothers but I have been considering in getting one for myself. I also thought of the lite, since it's pretty cheap and I do enjoy a handheld session, compared to connecting it to the TV (which is a nice addition) but I got my PS4 for that. So just like you I am in a predicament. The more I play on it the more I want to get the Switch and pay that little extra for a better experience.

Yup, I wanna check out Mario Odyssey and a few other titles. Also have no interest in hooking up to a TV as when I have seen it on a big screen I've not been impressed.

• Like 1