Self isolating, no internet... what do you play?

JuniorChubb

After @Squirrel mentioned the strain on ISP’s with a lot of the world choosing to stay at home right now I quickly thought to my games collection and what I could play off line whilst itself isolating if we did start to see connections go wayward.

For me I would probably go back toe Breathe of the Wild on my Wii U. I never finished it due to online gaming commitments and would happily boot this up again.

What games would you turn to or recommend?

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Nice thread and a good place to talk about it away from Corona central. 

For me I’ve always got Cities Skylines to fall back on. I’ve already got 2000 hours of offline playtime with that game. It’s a game that doesn’t have a end point or completion goal. You finish when you’re ready to finish. I’ve got a few other building/simulation games which are massive time sinks as well. 

Other than those I’ve got the colossal open worlds of the new Assassins Creed games to complete and I’m only partway through Skyrim VR. Its one of those games with infinite quests so you can keep playing indefinitely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Nice thread and a good place to talk about it away from Corona central.

Yup, no politics here...

Skyrim is a good call, I dived in but was suffering from Bethesda fatigue. I played all the Fallouts and Oblivion and as good as Skyrim is the similarities in the games mechanics just lead me to getting bored of it quickly. A visit now after a long break would be cool.

I could always work on the RDR2 platinum trophy, it's all story mode stuff, Farm Sim 17 I could play as well.

ETPzEyzUwAUNqL0.jpg

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Off the top of my head I've got The Sims, Stellaris, and Kerbal Space Program for single player sim and strategy stuff, plus a good half dozen single player games still downloaded that I haven't finished. 

If anything the gaming aspect of a prolonged net failure would be the least of my worries!

• Like 2

@JustHatched my son has just bought RDR2 on sale, dammed digital downloads means I can’t borrow it!

@The_Lady_A Kerbal Spcae Programme looks fun, nice and cheap too.

@Con How many of you guys have got VR? It’s still well out of my price range without having to sacrifice elsewhere in life.

• Like 1

On PS4 I've got over 150 games, so I should be alright, although many will require internet.

Probably GTA 3 and then Vice City. They were already next up on my list of games to get platinum on anyway :classic_smile:

• Like 2

Just now, JuniorChubb said:

@DavidCore89 What platform have you got the old GTA’s on? A trip down memory lane is always fun.

I picked up the PS4 versions of GTA 3, San Andreas and Vice City on PS Store. They're regularly at a reduced price and the file sizes are small.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

@Con How many of you guys have got VR? It’s still well out of my price range without having to sacrifice elsewhere in life.

I think a handful of us have VR but its been years since the last time I VR'ed with anyone. Our guy Lime is the only one in the crew to have really immersed himself with the VR. My issue is that my current setup I cant just pick it up and play, I have to get the cables out and connect it, I know, first world gamer problems, and then there is finding gaming time, I could literally VR every night, but I like to stream my VR adventures and not being on the mic makes it less fun. So those two things discourage me from being a VR addict...at the moment. I tend to use my VR more to explore the world around me on You Tube. I even have a thread sharing some of the best 360 vids I find...

and here is my You Tube VR section....which reminded me that i need to play Red Matter as I love space and that game has me exploring a moon that exists in real life. 

I always felt that half the fun of VR is letting people hear you freak out. So streaming a mic-less on VR discourages me from playing most of the time. 

This is what I mean, imagine this gameplay with no audio....especially that moment when I truly felt like I wanted to vomit:

In 2020, I will finish this game. I am committed. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I picked up the PS4 versions of GTA 3, San Andreas and Vice City on PS Store. They're regularly at a reduced price and the file sizes are small.

Nice, still there £12 each or £29 for the trilogy on PS4.

6 minutes ago, Con said:

Our guy Lime is the only one in the crew to have really immersed himself with the VR

Yup I think Lime may have tried to sign me up in the past, Squirrel defo has.

Would love to jump in but the price just isn’t dropping enough. With PS5 on the horizon all funds will head in that direction, I could just make a bundle on the loo roll and sanitizer black market and take the plunge!

I don’t think anyone at VANS has dived in yet, the peer pressure may have been stronger if that was the case.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Yup I think Lime may have tried to sign me up in the past, Squirrel defo has.

Would love to jump in but the price just isn’t dropping enough. With PS5 on the horizon all funds will head in that direction, I could just make a bundle on the loo roll and sanitizer black market and take the plunge!

I don’t think anyone at VANS has dived in yet, the peer pressure may have been stronger if that was the case.

I expect PS5 to be more VR setup friendly. I am still excited about VR. I love exploring cities I will never visit on real life and would love to create my own 360 vids someday.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

Board games. I don't play ps4 offline. I've only played rdr and gta story modes once each.

You are spilt for choice on board games these days.

I like the classic though, Cluedo is one of my fave’s.

2 hours ago, JustHatched said:

I could always work on the RDR2 platinum trophy, it's all story mode stuff, Farm Sim 17 I could play as well.

LOL! I could FINISH RDR2! 😎

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

VR games like @Con said.  Skyrim VR would be perfect.  In the actual event I had to self isolate I'd probably get through my film watchlist.  

• Like 2

I'd re run through the original 2 monkey islands, no hints. Bit of euro truck simulator, bosh out a few seasons on champ man 97-98, then I'd probably play through rdr2 again as a complete c*nt. 

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

49 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

@JuniorChubb Monopoly, dominoes, checkers, chess, and Wacky Races. We got the last one as a gift and haven't played it yet. It's the old Hannah Barbara show board game. Looks fun.

f*cking loved Wacky Races cartoon!

driving road rage GIF

• Like 3

Stardew Valley and the new Animal Crossing coming on Friday 😄 I have a bunch of games I never finished as well. I'm addicted to Conan Exiles at the moment so hopefully the internet will be okay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Stardew Valley and the new Animal Crossing coming on Friday 😄 I have a bunch of games I never finished as well. I'm addicted to Conan Exiles at the moment so hopefully the internet will be okay.

There was a lot of us playing Exiles before. We keep thinking it could be time for a revival. @JuniorChubb, @CatManDoza @Trashbags are we up for checking to see if our little empire still exists. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I'm addicted to Conan Exiles

Does @Squirrel know this? If not whatever you don’t tell him!

Doh! Too late.

• Haha 1